• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rudeness in the Entertainment Industry

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;v0Yd3XLSHy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Yd3XLSHy0[/video]

In this video, Michael Bay LEAVES CES 2014 without cue, just in the middle of the presentation. I myself saw this as a very Rude gesture, like a sort of middle finger to Samsung and their new 4K TVs. This is not good. I know, we all love or hate Bay for his movies containing loads and loads of special effects, however, the fact is he has stage fright.

So what is your opinion on rudeness in the entertainment industry. Are examples such as the above truly rude, are they just a way of someone expressing discontent, or is there a deeper, hidden meaning behind it all?

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I mean, I know that talking in front of huge crowds can be nerve racking, but leave in the middle of something like that? Grow some balls man. It'll be over soon if you don't think about it much.

Btw, this was actually really funny.

I think I read somewhere that his teleprompter went out, so he didn't have much of a choice since he apparently isn't all that great of a public speaker. I hate his movies and what they stand for, make no mistake about that, but it didn't necessarily seem like a rude gesture to me.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't think Michael Bay was very rude there at all. The autocue failed, which he mentions in the video, and he obviously isn't confident speaking to a crowd without pre-prepared stuff, he looks incredibly anxious and nervous throughout the video, so he apologised and rushed off stage because he wasn't comfortable with it. Definitely not rude, I wouldn't expect anyone to do something they're clearly so uncomfortable with. He at least apologised and was polite about it, as was the Samsung presenter.

There is a lot of rudeness in the entertainment industry I think but this moment certainly was not one of them.

Fig

The Altruist
I don't think Michael Bay was very rude there at all. The autocue failed, which he mentions in the video, and he obviously isn't confident speaking to a crowd without pre-prepared stuff, he looks incredibly anxious and nervous throughout the video, so he apologised and rushed off stage because he wasn't comfortable with it. Definitely not rude, I wouldn't expect anyone to do something they're clearly so uncomfortable with. He at least apologised and was polite about it, as was the Samsung presenter.

There is a lot of rudeness in the entertainment industry I think but this moment certainly was not one of them.

I personally agree with Merc here. I don't think Micheal Bay was being rude during that press conference. He said that he was sorry to the entire public before he left. I honestly felt bad for the guy. I can just imagine how terrified he must have felt when his autocue was malfunctioning. I understand how Mr. Bay must be feeling right now as I too am nervous to speak in front of a live audience. What really touched me was when the Samsung presenter and the entire audience didn't get upset at the time he left the stage. I'm not sure if people were either knew about his fear in public-speaking but at least they gave him an applause. ^^ Yes there are cases where the people in the entertainment industry are quite rude towards the general public, but I don't think that is the case with Mr. Bay over here.

Why is it such a big deal that it happened to someone who works in the entertainment industry? This happens to us regular folks all the time, especially people like myself with an actual anxiety disorder, and most of us regular folks would not have even apologized (lol), so kudos to Michael Bay for doing so. What differentiates this instance from your typical, commonplace occurrence? People are people, and this situation is universal...

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
2009-VMA-Kanye-West-Taylor-Swift.jpg

I think you mean this ****er. That is bona fide rudeness. What this is is just someone having anxiety in front of a crowd. What's more, without lines, he couldn't have done anything other than make things up.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Aww someone beat me to Kanye Interrupts. :( Imma let you finish, but Kanye West ruining Taylor Swift's award speech is the rudest entertainment event of all time...being serious now, what's in the OP is just stage fright, nothing more. True, he shouldn't have done that, but I don't blame him. If he stayed on stage he might have said or done something embarrassing that would be all over the media for who knows how long. When you're nervous, that can happen. And he sincerely apologized. I'm pretty sure Kanye's apology was another part of that publicity stunt he pulled...it sure looks like he had a motive behind it, right?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There are so many forms of rudeness in the entertainment business and in life itself but this was not. If the guy has problems with the devices he uses and also doesn't like to speak in front of people or whatever and he appologizes and explains what happened it is not rude. If you talk about rudeness there are many many other examples

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom