• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RP General Discussion/New Hosts Guide

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Its not incompatible, its more you take an hour to weave a chapter. While we pop out short posts to get to a point. I have been trying to find a starting point for Rasul, since i am technically signed up. Its just finding out when and How Deku is going to bounce back

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
There's no obligation to post as there's no real signup. I'd like people to be able to find and join it, but I don't want to cause any problems with the role playing community here. I have no problem at all with people making single sentence posts if that's what they're comfortable with, as long as nobody minds me posting in the in which most comfortable. If it is bugging people, perhaps I could just put a link to the role play in the OOC section and we could move the IC to the writing section.

Last edited:

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I just looked at your RP, haven't really read yet, but I can see how it's intimidating to try and join. People are probably interested, but the style is like how Storm described. Like chapters in a novel. I think my only concern myself if I were to join in is not, would I be able to make similar posts, but what happens should characters interact?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I just looked at your RP, haven't really read yet, but I can see how it's intimidating to try and join. People are probably interested, but the style is like how Storm described. Like chapters in a novel. I think my only concern myself if I were to join in is not, would I be able to make similar posts, but what happens should characters interact?
I'm going to scoot my reply over to the OOC section for World of Hyrule so I'm not cluttering the general thread.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Meesa wanna play Star Wars!
giphy.gif

Libk

If you want Era suggestions, one that allows people to be jedi is the old Republic era. If not, then just choose an era and explain why not many people can play jedi.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
And also feel free to choose the Legends universe (anything pre-Disney) if you want as well. Hopefully enough of us understand that universe that we could do something with it if we wanted.

Mido

Version 1
I think we could work with 3 potential eras if all goes right (I'm going to use years defined by the Legends universe seen in Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide as reference.):
Key: B.B.Y. = Before Battle of Yavin A.B.Y. = After
I. The Dark Times (19 B.B.Y. - 0 B.B.Y.) - Essentially the approximate time between episodes 3 and 4. The fun thing is that we can have Jedi, but at this point they are largely on the run.

II. The New Era (c. 4 A.B.Y. - onward) - Everything after episode 6. Gives us more flexibility with the narrative, but depending on when it starts, the number of Jedi would be minimal.

III. The Old Republic (25,000 B.B.Y. - 19 B.B.Y.) - Probably the most flexible option, and the presence of Jedi is much more common. It may be best in terms of this era to take it closer to the time period of Star Wars proper.

I'm just throwing some general guidelines, since I don't want to micromanage your RP, since it is yours after all, Domo. The choice is yours!

Libk

III. The Old Republic (25,000 B.B.Y. - 19 B.B.Y.) - Probably the most flexible option, and the presence of Jedi is much more common. It may be best in terms of this era to take it closer to the time period of Star Wars proper.
I'm just saying this as well, The Old Republic Era is my favorite era in Star Wars, and I could def help you learn the era and move story along in it. It's an era of high levels of force users, mandalorians, civil war, and sith lords. it's an amazing era, IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom