• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[Review] Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom-Hearts-Dream-Drop-Distance-review.jpg

GenGAME's official review of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for Nintendo 3DS is now online. Check out the excerpt below for a summary, and click the link that follows for the score and full review.

Kingdom Hearts fans have been waiting a long time for Kingdom Hearts III. The last numbered entry in the storied franchise appeared six years ago, and since then we’ve had to endure a number of spin-offs, side stories, and rehashes as we waited for the true sequel to the Xehanort saga. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance doesn’t quite equal a new numbered title, but it comes about as close as a handheld game possibly could, brilliantly setting the stage for the next entry in such a way that I can’t help but wonder whether its mastermind, Tetsuya Nomura, had the series planned out in advance.

Of course, it’s how the game plays that matters – and in the case of Dream Drop Distance, there’s plenty to love for Disney fans, followers of the franchise, and 3DS gamers hungry for some good RPG action…you just might have to get past a few of its more questionable gameplay and design decisions in the process.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance Review | GenGAME

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
That is a great review. I'm glad to see that you guys are writing these now.

Dan

I'm not really interested in the KH series.
I would just like to say it's great you guys are producing some reviews. I will defiantly be checking out future review. :)

univpark

Heart of Steel
Personally, I liked this game a lot. I would give it an 8.5-ish. The Symphony of Sorceries world was absolutely fantastic, and I liked the Riku segment of The Grid. The Dream Eaters were a nice touch, although not super useful in combat except for the link skills.

Flowmotion was amazing. Having experienced it, it made me use it a lot to get around. It's just so fast! But it took a lot of the actual level toughness for exploring as I figured out how to chain jumps to get as high up as I wanted...

The graphics were beautiful, and the 3D was nicely handled. It makes me wonder how KH3 is going to look. I'm excited to see what they will do with HD and things coming out. *excited shiver* That is, if I can get a WiiU or anything...

I DID NOT LIKE CHERNABOG. (Demon from Fantasia...) Three-hit boss, I know, but jeez. He sends soul-sucking demons after you. Pfft. Not to metion Anti Black Coat had this one attack that was absolutely brutal against my playstyle. *shudder*

And Xemnas...! Calm, but tosses buildings. Eep. And I'm playing on easy for my first playthrough...

But overall, I love this game. It looks nice on the 3DS and I enjoy playing it. And the Dream Eaters are cute. :3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
KH3D is an absolutely fantastic video game that deserves at least three playthroughs: two Proud Modes and one Critical Mode Kingdom Key/Soul Eater only LLG, possibly even no commands and no Dream Eaters. The plot isn't all too great imo, it feels like mostly filler with a serious tone, but the gameplay is easily the strongest point of the game. Glad to see a review up, now to finally read it and edit this post./

EDIT: Absolutely amazing article if I may say so myself. Everything is woven together like a tough fabric. Personally I give hte game a 9.5/10; the lack of worlds (worlds felt rather tiny to me) is a minor issue that detracts that .5 from it being a 10/10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom