• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remakes with Next Gen. Consoles

Which game should be remastered?

• Majora's Mask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Super Mario 64

• Golden Eye 007

• Total voters
A

alexed2

Nintendo is re-thrusting itself into the spotlight of the gaming world with it's new consoles, the 3DS and the yet to be named Nintendo HD console set to appear at E3 2011. With these new gaming options, the question arises, Will Nintendo begin remaking most of their past succeses in 3D or HD? Numbers of games like OoT, Star Fox 64 and Kid Icarus are getting their facelifts, but many others like Super Mario 64, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and the Oracles have yet to be remastered. Should Nintendo revise these or others, or leave them as quite literally a link to the past?>.>

A

alexed2

Yeah. But since it is releasing already on the virtual console I let it be.

Remakes of Majora's Mask and Oracle games, Wind Waker could be re-released but not remade since it's graphics are great how they are. ALTTP needs a remake, too.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd love for the Oracle series to be remade completely with 3D graphics and what not, and MM should go along with OoT3D with a "Master Quest" of it's own (I'm kidding, the game is hard enough by itself!).

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Majora's Mask, of course! Great game. Wind Waker would be a shame to ruin with updated graphics (which is the great thing about Cel-shade graphics, they'll look as good in 15 years).

C

Caleb, Of Asui

What bothers me about this thread is that you named it in reference to Next Gen Consoles. Honestly, there's not much chance I'm going to buy a remake of a game on a console if I already own the original. If they make a handheld remake, then I'll play it, since I love handhelds and try to get portable versions of as many games as possible anyways.

Anyhow, I'd really like to see Majora's Mask. Seeing all the screenshots of Ocarina of Time 3D, I can't help but wonder how absolutely beautiful Majora's Mask would look on the 3DS with similar graphics. Plus, it's an amazing game that I'd love to have the chance to replay.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'm not 1 for remakes but MM would be a good 1 but only for Nintendo's new console not the 3DS.

You should also add Perfect Dark it's a lot like Goldeneye only much better in practically every aspect of the gaming world.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I voted for Majora's Mask and Super Mario 64.

Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time, so I get a little frazzled when I see that OoT gets all the special treatment, but MM doesn't. I mean, come on! You can't just remake Ocarina of Time and leave the Majora's Mask fans hanging! Those two games pretty much go hand in hand, in my eyes. Of course, I am more than happy that Nintendo is remaking OoT, but I'd be even happier to see a Majora's Mask remake as well. I think Majora's Mask also has visuals that fit 3D better than Ocarina of Time anyways - the surreal imagery, the moon, the masks! Imagine slapping on the Zora Mask in 3D. Wouldn't that be great? I also voted for Super Mario 64 because, well, that game's a classic. However, I think the blocky visuals are showing the game's age. If it were remade with Super Mario Galaxy's visuals, I would be in heaven. Plus, you can't remake the most popular Zelda game without remaking the most popular Mario game, now can you?

However, I really don't think The Wind Waker needs to be remade, nor does it ever need to be remade. Nearly 10 years later, that game holds up incredibly well. The visuals are still as crisp and clean as it was on the day it was first released. I think the graphics of TWW are meant to look cartoonish and undetailed, so there's not really a lot that Nintendo could do to improve it, visually, without compromising its unique visual style. Unless you mean an actual remake of the gameplay mechanics themselves, The Wind Waker possesses no need for a remake.

I've never actually played Golden Eye, though I am well aware of its enduring popularity. Since I have not played it, nor do I have any interest in playing it, I'm relatively indifferent on a Golden Eye remake. As for the Oracle series, I don't think they need a remake. Remaking 2D games seems pointless to me, especially if the graphics are already sufficient. Remaking them as 3D games would also be silly. Games that are meant to be in 2D should stay in 2D. I just can't see a 2D game working as a 3D game, since the gameplay mechanics are very different between the two.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Nintendo is re-thrusting itself into the spotlight of the gaming world with it's new consoles, the 3DS and the yet to be named Nintendo HD console set to appear at E3 2011. With these new gaming options, the question arises, Will Nintendo begin remaking most of their past succeses in 3D or HD? Numbers of games like OoT, Star Fox 64 and Kid Icarus are getting their facelifts, but many others like Super Mario 64, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and the Oracles have yet to be remastered. Should Nintendo revise these or others, or leave them as quite literally a link to the past?>.>

Super Mario 64 was already re-released for the Nintendo DS, and Goldeneye 007 is already being re-released for the Wii. I don't think they're going to do yet ANOTHER release.

The two I would most like to see rereleased are Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, not enough people got to experience those games the first time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom