• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Release Now December 9th, Not the 7th...?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
With Spirit Tracks coming in a very short period of time, I've been seeing more and more store advertisements for the title in newspaper flyers and the like. One thing I noticed was it's now being listed as released December 9th (Wednesday) instead of the original North American release of the 7th (Monday). I thought at first was a typo but seems to be the norm now. I even saw a poster at Toys R Us today that stated the same thing, and it was an official Nintendo printed poster, not a TRU hand-made one or something.

Now, the only thing I can think of this happening like this now is because I live in Canada, and perhaps it is a new separate Canadian release date. It just seems a bit confusing as the 7th was announced as a North American date originally.

So, it seems a trip to Best Buy on the Monday will be a fruitless journey now. Has anyone else been seeing a changed date to the 9th?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Oh man, really? that's so odd....and why? It's not like Nintendo haven't finished it yet or anything o_o
Anyway, I wouldn't know if it's just Canada or not... it doesn't get mentioned over here... but if it is all of America .... I have to say that's marginally better, since it's closer to the European and Australian releases... and there won't be as much time to have it spoiled by people.... (man that sounds selfish xDD)
Though it is kind of a bummer for you guys, huh. Hope everyone's doesn't get put back though o_O

This is so odd...

N

Notorious NATE

I preordered it and the clerk said it would be available on the 8th. I thought that was weird so I went to a different store and they said it had the same release date.

America's date is now the 8th, or it is where I am.

Kazumi

chagy
Wow. That's really odd. I too live in Canada, and my local Future Shop says that it is coming out on the 9th, and for some reason it's 49.99... But, my local Gamestop says it's the 7th, and it's 39.99, the DS norm. So. I'm really confused right now. I may have to go up to Gamestop on Monday and ask about it. Oh well. It could possibly be a large communication error. But I sure hope not. You're not alone though Basement.

EDIT: WAIT! I just checked again, and I read it wrong. Future Shop says it's December 7th. When it said 09, I thought it was the ninth, but they're talking about the year. And I checked Best Buy, it has it listed for the 7th of December as well, and it's 39.99, unlike Future Shop.. That's probably a pricing error on Future Shop's part... So.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Hmm...strange, I just checked at the big-retail store's, Wal-Mart, website and it shows that it's going to be in stores on December 7th.

Hmm...maybe it's just for certain areas or certain stores that it's going to be out on December 9th? :hmm: I don't know, but I know that according to where I checked at it's still coming out on Monday. And on the pricing of it, according to Wal-mart, it's $34.96.

EDIT:

I also have checked at Target's website also and it shows that ST will be available on December 7th also. The price is also about the same too, except it's a few cents higher.

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
It better not come out on the nineth. I've been waiting for ST since April, so it better get released on December 7th, 2009. Although if it does happen to come the 9th, I guess I can't really do anything about it.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
My local Gamestop has told me that it will SHIP on December 7th. It will likely arrive around noon on December 8th.

Apparently, it is not a big enough release for it to get a midnight launch time slot.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
My local Gamestop has told me that it will SHIP on December 7th. It will likely arrive around noon on December 8th.

Apparently, it is not a big enough release for it to get a midnight launch time slot.

Exactly as Mases said.

Usually most places give the ship date instead of the release date. And usually the game gets to most stores on the day after the ship date. However it's not unlikely for it to be two days past the ship date until a store would get it. But it's rather unlikely for a store to get it on the ship date. I learned this from an experienced gamer (who shan't be named).

C

coyotlcoatl

Usually most places give the ship date instead of the release date. And usually the game gets to most stores on the day after the ship date. However it's not unlikely for it to be two days past the ship date until a store would get it. But it's rather unlikely for a store to get it on the ship date. I learned this from an experienced gamer (who shan't be named).

That's how Phantom Hourglass was for me. I didn't get it until the day after it was supposed to be "released". In actuality, it was probably just the shipping date that was shown on the websites and such.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Exactly as Mases said.

I know this is the case for most games, but I have never once had a Nintendo release date actually be the ship date. They seem to state that this will be the date you will be able to buy it. Other companies will not tell a date, then announce the game has 'gone gold' followed by a "yeah, around this date in stores...", but Nintendo seems to be a bit more on the ball.

I suppose I won't bother with a trip out to look for it until Wednesday, just to be sure!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well I'm in USA and I just saw the commercial on TV a couple minutes ago and it still had the December.07.09 release date at the bottom so I don't see why the stores up by you seem to have it set for 2 days after what it's supposedly set for here in USA.

Last edited:
I live in Australia, and I haven't been able to go to the shops to check what their release date is, but I looked online and it says the release date for my country is the 10th of December, so a little bit later than you guys. What I'm really surprised at is how close our release date is to yours. And that the Japanese release date comes after everyone else. Australia is infamous for not getting its games until ages after the countries overseas do, although I admit things have been improving as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom