• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Rauru?!?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I've never heard anyone say Link and Zelda are reincarnations. Anybody else want to speak up on this?

It's more of a thought/theory than a confirmed fact. Some people think that Link and Zelda are completely different people with no direct resemblance to each other (besides how they look alike and have generally the same personalities); others believe that each Link and Zelda are all related by blood. The reincarnation theory basically says that Link and Zelda are reincarnated throughout time -- their spirits remain intact, but their bodies are different.

You have to know that when a person is reincarnated, they do not remember what has occurred in any of their past lives. (Although, there have been people in real life who have claimed to remember.) Also, they can be reincarnated into any body, so since Link and Zelda look basically the same in every game, Nintendo just wants to keep that trademark look. :)

So looking the same is not proof that they are reincarnated, since looks has nothing to do with it. But, like JuicieJ said, it has been heavily implied that they are reincarnated. Still, there's no completely solid evidence, so in the end it's still up to each individual person to decide if they're reincarnated or not.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
It makes sense, as Zelda is a normal person in the trailer. And every normal person has a father (Of course, I'm not saying that people without fathers aren't normal.)

guy

Junior Junior Member
So looking the same is not proof that they are reincarnated, since looks has nothing to do with it. But, like JuicieJ said, it has been heavily implied that they are reincarnated. Still, there's no completely solid evidence, so in the end it's still up to each individual person to decide if they're reincarnated or not.

there not reincarnations, its a bloodline. zelda's family is the royal family, and link has his own bloodline. i think the aLTtP and OoT links are connected to the knights of hyrule, or something like that. and the WW Link and ST link have no connection to the others, just themselves.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
there not reincarnations, its a bloodline. zelda's family is the royal family, and link has his own bloodline. i think the aLTtP and OoT links are connected to the knights of hyrule, or something like that. and the WW Link and ST link have no connection to the others, just themselves.

Actually, you can be reincarnated into the same bloodline.

While Zelda being in the same bloodline is basically established, there's no proof about Link's. So for all we know, it could go either way.

Look here:
Auru
166px-Auru.png
Doesn't "Rauru-guy" kinda look like this guy from Twilight Princess? It's suggested that he is a part of Rauru's bloodline, or a reincarnation of him...or SOMETHING to that effect. In the original Japanese, he is Princess Zelda's tutor(clue?) in TP.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've actually started believing lately that he could be the King of Hyrule and Rauru. He's obviously Zelda's father, as he has the same bird symbol as she does, which would make him become the King eventually. But what's to stop him from being Rauru just because of that? Zelda was the Princess and a Sage in OoT, so why can't a Sage be a King, as well?

I've actually started believing lately that he could be the King of Hyrule and Rauru. He's obviously Zelda's father, as he has the same bird symbol as she does, which would make him become the King eventually. But what's to stop him from being Rauru just because of that? Zelda was the Princess and a Sage in OoT, so why can't a Sage be a King, as well?

That's how I see it as well. This scenario does not seem too far-fetched, and I actually hope it is the case.

Someone presented an idea that he might be a Principal at the school in Skyward Sword. If Zelda (a student?) is his daughter, that might make for some rather interesting situations, including the possibility that she's quite popular at school. As funny as it might seem, do you think this would strengthen the whole "Kaepora Gaebora" idea? You know, the whole "school" theme and wise owls...and such ;)?

I've noticed this before too. He looks a lot like Keabora Gaepora. A LOT.
Seriously, those round, scary eyes, those eyebrows...

Dark_One

Fierce Diety
I think he is the sage of light but not Rauru; rather, I think he is Raurus predecessor. That would explain some of the similarities between them because the man looks similar to Rauru but not enough to say that he is in fact the sage from OoT.

No doubt. The guy in the trailer has an uncanny likeness to all these characters, but if he was any of them, I would say most likely Kaepora Gaebora (not just because of the crazy eyebrows). If anyone remembers, there was a Gossip Stone that said Kaepora Gaebora was the reincarnation of an ancient sage. Now this could refer to Rauru, but since they say 'ancient' and given the fact that we know the sages in Zelda are not immortal (just look at WW), I would say it can't be Rauru. Besides, in order to be reincarnated, you have to die and Rauru was alive in well. Wow I'm getting off topic. My point is that I think the 'ancient dage' they refer to may be the guy in the trailer or possibly someone else we'll meet in the game who will later become a sage. Now a sage of what exactly, I have no idea, but since the Gossip Stone didn't specify what the person was a sage of it leaves room for speculation.

I do think it's very likely that this guy in the trailer may become the King of Hyrule since he greatly resembles the Hylian kings we've seen so far.

Dark_One

Fierce Diety
The Rauru in OoT helped make the Temple of Time. He has no Sage ancestor.

Well, I didn't exactly say "ancestor" I said Predecessor, there is a difference and just because the sages built the Temple of Time that doesn't that they weren't around long before building it. Plus there are no solid confirmations that the Temple of Time appears SS which is a prequel to OoT. Lets not forget that in TP the Sage of Light is killed by Ganon and in WW Makar and Medli also become sages because their predecessors died(or were killed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom