• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rank the bosses of Twilight Princess

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
With TPHD being the most confirmed unconfirmed game out there right now, and the the fact that TP is my favourite game of all time, my excitement and interest in the title is very high right now.

I want to know how everyone would rank the bosses from Twilight Princess and maybe share a little bit about what they liked or didn't like about each boss.

Cross

For rent
1. Twilit Fossil Stallord
2. Ganondorf
3. Zant
4. Argorok
5. Blizzeta
6. Fyrus
7. Armogohma
8. Diababa
9. Morpheel

Cant even remember them all so I guess the only ones worth mentioning are the ones I can remember so here goes

1. Ganondorf
-a four part fight which really feels like a showdown and it follows my very favourite Zelda dungeon.

2. Argorok
-the atmosphere of this fight is awesome. High up in the sky, night has fallen a rain storm rages and a dragon is trying to toast you. Awesome stuff.

3. Stallord
-this is a boss fight with a twist. The boss design will stay with you, as will the pinball-like opening and on rails ending.

The rest....

4. Yeta
5. Armagohma
6. Fyrus
7. Water temple boss
8. Forest temple boss
9. Zant

Cant remember if there are any more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1.Ganondorf- This is one of the most epic fights in gaming, a showdown with the King of Evil himself. Four phases which can span about half an hour. The first of which is very nostalgic for fans of Zelda. A nice game of energy tennis, something that I have been enjoying since I first played OOT and fought Phantom Ganon for the first time. When you think you are done there is the 'Oh ****' moment as Ganondorf reforms into the Dark Beast Ganon, again if you played OOT and Wind Waker you will be familiar with Ganondorf turning into huge monstrosities. Then after being defeated in that form after destroying Hyrule Castle, Ganondorf takes to his horse for a battle in Hyrule field. If you enjoyed fighting the bulblins and King Bulblin on horseback earlier on in the game, this bit is really fun. Finally there is the clash of swords. I enjoyed fighting the Darknuts and generally enjoy fighting human enemies. In TP Ganondorf is basically a Darknut in the way he is fought. I thought this phase was the poorest of all however and I cant help thinking it would have been improved by a ring of fire surrounding the dueling pair than a yellow barrier. Also if he actually did a decent amount of damage, but that can be said for every boss and enemy in the game.

2.Zant-I do like my humanoid enemies as I said already. The battle with Zant is unique with him teleporting Link to various locations and taking on the fighting styles of many of the bosses you have already fought so far so you need to utilise your knowledge to decide what strategy to employ during each phase. Fighting this lunatic is both fun and hilarious.

3.Stallord-This is a really fun boss, hovering around on your spinner to destroy its spine for the first phase and hopping from wall to wall whilst dodging its fire in the second, to the theme of King Dodongo. I found it a very satisfying fight indeed.

4.Argorok-The second phase of this battle is what makes it for me, clawshotting from Peahat to Peahat, hundreds of feet in the air whilst a dragon is trying to incinerate you is much more fun than it sounds.

5.Blizetta-I enjoyed the music to this battle, it really makes smashing things with your ball and chain that much more fun. I found it immensely satisfying cracking open this boss's protective case and of course the creepy scene that starts the battle off.

6.Morpheel- I dont usually like swimming in games but when you have a clawshot to hook on to your enemies eye, it is not so bad. There are large destructible columns in this boss chamber which was fun to see Morpheel smash into throughout the fight.

7.Armorghoma-The best bit about this for me is the spider inside a spider, at the end when the eye's legs pop out and you chase it around the room. It was a funny scene indeed.

8.Fyrus-. Would have enjoyed a longer fight myself. This one was shown off in the trailers and I was expecting something like the Balrog from Lord of the Rings. Fyrus was a bit underwhelming.

9.Diababa-The first boss is rarely very interesting, usually just something to ease you in to the game. I didn't find this fight particularly fun, it wasn't awful but it was not the best.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1. Ganondorf
Despite me not liking his rushed inclusion in TP(Despite me loving the character), this boss really did feel like a final boss. It uses pretty much every ability that you use frequently in the game(Wolf Link, Horseback Riding, Using Items, and sheer swordsplay). It was pretty challenging, very epic, and awesome.

2. Twilit Fossil Stallord
This boss has absolutely astounding design, that really looks ancient. The inclusion of old. dead, hylian soldiers add incredible atmosphere to an already atmospheric dungeon. This boss is also the most fun. Using the best Zelda item(idea wise), within this boss made it awesome. Trying to evade the soldiers to get to Stallord, and then riding on rails was so much fun.

3. Zant
Taking away his story, the Zant boss fight was yet another test to use what you learned about the game. It was much better than the Boss Rush that WW had. IT was very fun, and the music was great.

4. Argorok
In this boss fight, you are going up against an awesome and cool giant dragon, you are zipping up to the sky as fast as you can, and you are in an ancient civilization on the brink of ruin. What isn't to like about this guy?! Argorok has huge story purpose for a boss fight, and you are helping the Oocca race as well! This guy was awesome!

5. Blizzetta
This boss has story significance as well, and it shows the corruption that the Mirror of Twilight has on people. The boss fight was pretty fun, and it used ice physics pretty well. That ending was also very very sweet. <3

6. Fyrus
This is where we start to tread into the bad bosses of TP. Fyrus was pretty forgettable overall.... He looked big and scary, and was cool.... But he didn't really turn up the heat. All you had to do was shoot arrows at him..... Lame....

7. Armoghoma
Sigh.... All this boss was a retreading of the Ghoma from OoT... It didn't really use the dominion rod well... It did not really do anything special.... Not only that with it being an average boss fight... It had a severe let down as a joke with it's final phase.... This was coming off the incredibly awesome Miniboss fight that was the Darknut, and the excellent Temple of Time....

8. Diababa....
You get to that first boss room... Your anticipation is sweltering.... You meet these Giant Deku Baba's, and you quiver in fear... That is, until you take a quarter of a heart when you get hit.... Not hard... Very boring.....

9. Morpheel.
Such a disgrace. You come out of the gruesome Lakebed Temple, solving these puzzles that bended the mind. You then come to this giant fish... You use the clawshot on its eye a couple of times.... That's fine... Then it comes out of the ground... And it doesn't even attack you... You practically are just killing it for sport, and it never fights back.... Such a disappointment... Nintendo.... Please fix this.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
1. Stallord
2. Ganondorf
3. Zant
4. Blizzeta
5. Argorok
6. Fyrus
7. Armogohma
8. Morpheel
9. Diababa

This game had some amazing bosses, so some of these are really close.

Zant and Ganondorf are my favourites here, because they're the only bosses in the game who actually pose a challenge. Blizzetta was actually pretty disappointing for me, but not for the fight itself, which is good, but the story behind it. I feel they missed a huge opportunity here since, while it was clear you were going to fight one of the yetis at the end, I was actually hoping to fight the male one. To elaborate, the moment I opened the first treasure chest to find that there was food inside instead of the key I was expecting to get, I started suspecting the chipper male yeti in the kitchen. When the second chest also turned out to include food, I was only more convinced that instead of helping me, these guys were actually making me find ingredients for the soup they intended to cook me in. This whole creepy feeling, along with the great design, helped make Snowpeak Ruins my favourite dungeon in the game. When it was revealed that my suspicion was off, I was really disappointed by that.

MW7

1. Stallord - very original and fun along with unique phases.
2. Ganondorf - well designed multi-phase fight.
3. Argorok - very epic and cool atmosphere along with a unique fight.
4. Blizzeta - surprising who the boss is, and an overall fun fight.
5. Zant - fun but not very original since several fights you've already had are repeated.
6. Morpheel - underwater fights are never my favorite, but this was pretty good once it starts swimming around.
7. Armogohma - similar to the OoT fight but adding the usage of the dominion rod. Felt unoriginal but the ending was surprising/funny.
8. Fyrus - felt predictable in that you shoot the boss in the eye in the dungeon you get a projectile weapon; not too memorable.
9. Diababa - not very fun; slow moving due to how you stun the boss.

Overall I think this game's bosses suffered from the unfortunate syndrome of requiring the player to use the item just found in the dungeon to stun/harm the boss. This wasn't an issue when the items themselves were original (spinner or double clawshots), but when we received items that we've seen before, the fights were very predictable. This problem has been with the series for a long time, but I think it's much more fun when the game designers give us multiple ways of attacking (like several bosses in Majora's Mask) or just ignore items entirely on occasion (Ghirahim was a breath of fresh air - it would be hard to craft a fun boss around the beetle without it feeling forced).

I can't rank them in a sequence, because… well you'll see. So here goes.

Diababa 2/5- Big, good music, fun monkey, looks impressive, attacks are so telegraphed that you practically get an invite in the mail a week before the attack. Insultingly easy, even for a first boss.

Fyrus 1/5- tedious dungeon leads to a boring boss, trailer hype and impressive appearance actually hurt its rating here as it is incapable of living up to either.

Morpheel 1/5- awesome dungeon leads up to this? A totally non-threatening Morpha clone at half speed? Are you for ****ing real?

Twilit Fossil Mutha****in' Stallord 5/5- Great design, multi-stage fight, truly epic music, fatal pattern that is both fun to figure out and to execute, fast reflexes needed, first boss to actually cause me any damage. One of Zelda history's best.

Blizzetta 4/5- almost as good as Stallord, great presence as a boss, creepy introduction, haunting boss music, ball and chain was fun to use against her. I thought Yeto was gonna beat my ass for smackin' up his woman.

Armogohma 3/5- Ok, sure this one was one of the easiest fights, but getting to wail on her with an enormous statue fist was entertaining and I was laughing my butt off at the end of the fight. It was the music that got me.

Argorok 0/5- Just ****ing terrible. So easy to figure out the fight it boarders on brainless. After two bosses that were amazing mold-breakers (and one that was at least okay), we get this cold spaghetti. You don't even have to be good or fast with the double clawshots, you just have to hold L-target down and hit the button, and Link will automatically zip around. After my first time doing that, I refused to use that method and resorted to manual aiming just to up the difficulty. It didn't really work. Making a boss this pathetic is bad, but making a dragon this pathetic boarders on criminal.

Zant 3/5- He certainly has personality, doesn't he? The remixed boss music was fun, and I like his all out attack on you in the end. I went from taking no damage to getting beaten up pretty good here.

Ganondorf 3/5- Certainly wasn't a bad fight, I'll give it that. Not what I wanted exactly for a final boss fight, but it didn't make any major mistakes either. For some reason it's really hard for me to remember how i felt during all this, but I think the horseback part may have been my favorite. Also I kinda liked standing up to his enormous beast form as just little ol' wolf link.

2.Zant-I do like my humanoid enemies as I said already. The battle with Zant is unique with him teleporting Link to various locations and taking on the fighting styles of many of the bosses you have already fought so far so you need to utilise your knowledge to decide what strategy to employ during each phase. Fighting this lunatic is both fun and hilarious.
The thing I liked best about this fight is that it really used its mechanics to reinforce the story and personality: Zant seemed like such a badass but in the end he was just really this entitled crybaby patsy using borrowed power. His fight felt like a last, desperate attempt on his part, throwing all the little things left in his bag of tricks at you at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom