• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

However, seeing as this is Chaos Mafia by Rag, I can't discount the fact that there might be a weird role that is town and absolutely needs cult gone. I want to believe that scum Ex would go about this way differently if he were just uncultable scum, because he should know if he is uncultable scum that people would likely call him out for the way he presented the idea of there being a cult and suspect that he might be uncultable scum.

Giving as few details about your role as possible - how does this logic hold if your roles are both hinting at the existence of a cult? From your perspective, shouldn't your role already be a weird role that is town and confirms the existence of a cult? Do you think your role conflicts with whatever Ex's could be in some way?

I get that you've kind of already answered this in this paragraph, I just want you to go into it a little more. Several people have already suggested that there's likely one mafia between the two of you. I'm not sure I completely believe that yet, but it definitely is something that is giving me pause.

Something Dawning said gave me pause, I'd have to go back and find it to remember what exactly. However, I don't know if it's AI. I usually have a hard time reading DW, but after thinking about it I actually want to slightly town read them as well. From what I've seen, scum DW likes to take one person and focus on pushing them right off. Town DW seems more inquisitive, trying to get a bearing on things. Which seems more like this game.

Typically Dawning is fairly easy to read for me personally, he tends to ping me hard when he is scum. He hasn't done that so far this game, so I'm giving him a pass for now.

Yeah im pretty sure from the looks of it you guys haven't made a consensus on what is a hard claim versus a soft claim. :fpalm:

I'm not gonna focus on any one of these posts, but I'd like to note that the only person she's focused on is Ex. Idk if that's indicative of anything but it's slightly odd to me. More odd is Minish not doing anything. Minish not doing things once people are talking and speculating is something I think comes more from scum Minish than town Minish. Though she hasn't been in
Could you finish your thought for me? Also, has your read on Minish changed much now that they've been around and talking some more?

I'm gonna be honest I forgot what this was a response to and I am not gonna go find it because I don't feel like it'd affect my read on her.
She was responding to my response to her about the discrepancies between Storm's game and this one.

I'm gonna tentatively call this lack of engagement something I associate more with a town KoD? I feel like scum KoD based on the one game I've seen of his is more prone to find every available fight to pick.
Disagree, I actually think that last Chaos Mafia when KoD was scum, KoD was notably less antagonistic overall than in the previous game I played with him. Maybe it's recency bias or the fact that I was involved in some of those arguments. Regardless, I think his lack of engagement so far is NAI and I'm scumleaning him for slightly different reasons, his entry felt a little awkward to me.

Overall DW's readslist seems a little CWAC because there's really not enough on most of these players to form solid reads on. I mean, myself, Fext, Numbers, and Ex have all talked a lot and there's nothing on us here. Maybe that's deliberate but it just makes it feel more like CWAC.

I would think that a loverifier would be more of a town role, in which case Libk would probably just choose two people who seem least likely to be killed instead of outing possible lovers to Mafia?
it COULD be lover, but could be anything really. Could be something regarding a popularity contest, or turning someone into a restless spirit or something, or maybe he's just trying to get info on who to target with an NA or smth, who knows

honestly wasn't expecting to have avatar distinction problems because i'm pretty good with that sort of distinction normally but MAN splatoon inkling and fire lord azuwu have never looked more similar for some reason

Typically Dawning is fairly easy to read for me personally, he tends to ping me hard when he is scum. He hasn't done that so far this game, so I'm giving him a pass for now.
I've been scum in literally one game with you and you were also scum? How would you know I ping you hard when I'm scum when you've never been town against scum me?

Could you finish your thought for me? Also, has your read on Minish changed much now that they've been around and talking some more?
I think I was mentioning that she hadn't been in the thread since things had really gotten going so I was giving her a slight pass?
I'm feeling better about Min now that she's talking more, nothings really pinging me from her.

If he believe its most likely that the cult is benign, then wouldn't it make sense he'd want to ignore the cult? And while I still don't think uncultable mafia is the most likely case scenario for Ex, I do understand where people pushing that theory are coming from and think its a reasonable push for Fext to be on board with.
i didn't really get the sense that Fext thought it was more likely the cult is benign as much as he thought that we "shouldn't assume it's hostile"

gun to my head I'm with Ex on this one as pretty much every cult I've played with has been hostile, but I honestly think we should probably move past the cult discussion as a whole as it's taken over most of this first day

Overall DW's readslist seems a little CWAC because there's really not enough on most of these players to form solid reads on. I mean, myself, Fext, Numbers, and Ex have all talked a lot and there's nothing on us here. Maybe that's deliberate but it just makes it feel more like CWAC.
I did a post on Numbers a few posts later, working my way through your stuff right now.

I've been scum in literally one game with you and you were also scum? How would you know I ping you hard when I'm scum when you've never been town against scum me?
idk man, i don't really keep game to game track of stuff but most of the time when you do ping me, it's not for long after we talk

I'm here. I see a lot of talk about a cult, but no one mentioned about the resurrection mechanic stated in the rules. Having players come back as a different alignment is a thing. I'm catching up now to see who said what.
Resurrection being a thing doesn't surprise me, but it would break the game for mafia to be resurrected as town, so I doubt that's possible?

I guess it would break the game, idk. The games probably breakable I mean we can't even claim. So, I guess we'll just sit here and speculate until we magically sus out the truth
MAYBE the resurrection mechanic has to do with this love thing, because true love is forever and breaks the barrier of death

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom