• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

Fext probably cult leader. Lmao.
I don't really think Cult Fext has that much substance consider all Cults he's played withh have been benign? Like it'd be one thing if Ex had been right that he'd never played with a non-hostile cult but when your experience with something is always that they aren't hostile than being thrown off by people automatically assuming its hostile makes sense, especially since Numbers also noted that non-hostile cults are not uncommon where the host is from I can definitely see why Fext would expect that the cult is likely not hostile.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I feel like fext only playing with non-hostile cults is
still strangely off

but yea I guess he coulda just had a different experience
still doesn't explain him defending cult despite me saying they're a menace
evil even

Just wanna say the only reason I haven't said much is because I've been asleep. Lol.
Fair enough.

Just wanted to point out that I wasn’t being defensive I was just messing with ex lol
Okay so do you have anything else to say.
I can understand you being defensive here because I'm actively calling you scummy but it's weird that that's the only thing you have to add.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't really think Cult Fext has that much substance consider all Cults he's played withh have been benign? Like it'd be one thing if Ex had been right that he'd never played with a non-hostile cult but when your experience with something is always that they aren't hostile than being thrown off by people automatically assuming its hostile makes sense, especially since Numbers also noted that non-hostile cults are not uncommon where the host is from I can definitely see why Fext would expect that the cult is likely not hostile.

That was partial jokes, partial "hmm, maybe he is cult leader". But it was moreso because he has been trying to push the idea of ignoring the cult and killing Ex, who desperately wants the cult gone. If you're cult leader then obviously that would be your priority.

why would it be?

Because mafia just wouldn't vote or would vote a smaller "wagon" for the same fears you had.

That was partial jokes, partial "hmm, maybe he is cult leader". But it was moreso because he has been trying to push the idea of ignoring the cult and killing Ex, who desperately wants the cult gone. If you're cult leader then obviously that would be your priority.
If he believe its most likely that the cult is benign, then wouldn't it make sense he'd want to ignore the cult? And while I still don't think uncultable mafia is the most likely case scenario for Ex, I do understand where people pushing that theory are coming from and think its a reasonable push for Fext to be on board with.

(Disclosure: The section does consider my read on ExLight. I have saved my ExLight ISO for last as he was the only player I already had a read on. This means my current thoughts on ExLight may not match with the thoughts considered in this ISO. If this ends up being the case I will return to this section at a later time and reconsider Numbers.)

Anything beyond that would be a hard claim DW.

@ExLight negative.
Nothing AI I feel like here.

Ex is uncultable Mafia confirmed.
When this post was made I took it for a joke but with hindsight I guess it's not. I said like two posts ago that I think the reasoning for uncultable Mafia Ex is something that can make sense but not that I agree with.

Storm with the early modkill?
You seem pretty confident in what storm's role is.
More hindsight because really. No he doesn't. KoD just indicates he strongly doubts Storm is actually hardclaiming. Which is reasonable at this point.

1. People lie.
2. Storm actually said they only said they were town, completely disregarding the "immortal" aspect of the original sentence.
I don't think there's anything technically wrong about this? But like. I can't tell if you believe Storm to have been lying here.

That is completely dependent on what Storm's role actually is. If his role is just "You are an immortal townie" than it's absolutely a hard claim. And this is the point I was making about KoD making hard stances on the Mohs of Storms statement.

Further softclaiming isn't allowed by the rules as they state soft claiming may result in a mod kill as well, although you are encouraged to do so. This ties into the rule of snitching to get bonus votes, creating a nuisanced layer to this game that is readily being ignored with storm.
I do not understand the rules and can't properly analyze this section as a result. That said, Storm clearly did not hardclaim as he is still alive.

[/quote]
This slot is absolutely scum.
Hi Caps has asked you like 3 times to actually follow up on this.
Also why is Caps scum?

NGA, which is relevant to Rag on an experience level.
Aye, cult is extremely easy to make benign, as the only reason their win con is opposing the other alignments is because the mod says it is. Take that away and you just have an alignment seeking a goal that may or may not be opposed to other factions depending on how you word their win cons. Town is super easy because theirs is just "eliminate the threats". Don't consider cult a town threat and bam they have compatible win cons. Mafia tends to be a little trickier if you go with a majority win con for both as only one can have majority but if you simply remove living from the qualifications of eithers majority they become doubley achievable as well. Or if you give Mafia a threats like win con as well you can create a Mafia that has to eliminate all town but could care less about cult. You can also simply change the cult win con to something neutral like a survivor win con. We do weird stuff you should know this by now.
Mech talk. They do seem to believe that Fext is a benign cult though this could have changed considering that Fext has confirmed that he's played with only benign cults in the past. (I don't think bee cult was technically benign but Fext does which is more relevant to reading Fext.)

I think it's unlikely Ex is 3p. His flow on the subject leans more to fext's assessment as I alluded to earlier with my "Ex is uncultable mafs" comment. The jist was that normally ex would sit back and let the world get culted for a mega happy everybody wins ending but for reasons that's not the route he's going this game. This is also a route Rag often takes so from a chaotic design standpoint stopping that is the play to make. The most logical and obvious conclusion is that Ex can't be culted so that path leads to loss for him. 3p are hardly going to be cult proof candidates. So that's why thats unlikely. You may have some town that get tagged as uncultable. Typically this falls into town power roles in role light games. Maybe a lyncher variant. And probably the decoder type roles Minish mentioned. So possibilities are slim but there. Typically, however, Mafia are auto immune to culting to keep the teams integrity intact. So the most likely option for an uncultable person here would be Mafia.
As all very much part of the larger circle. First we establish that Rag would have experience to draw upon with benign cults to have included one in the game. From there we establish the uncultable are likely Mafia. We then further establish the player with a low probability of experience with benign cults suggesting them is in fact cult leader.

So for those keeping track at home I've already nailed down two Mafia and the cult leader. This game is EZ.
Not really considering when we do make Mafia cultable it's also designed to be able to withstand said culting. The extra care and consideration is taken to make sure the culted member can't just backstab the remaining Mafia because we are acutely aware of the problem and the solution most people take to avoid it.

@DW, there is really only one standard 3p win con that would be expressly anti cult, being the SK, but nothing about that role screams can't be culted. Which is why it would be unlikely to be uncultable.
That's completely possible. I thought she mentioned those type roles in her backing post to Ex's soft but I was speaking strictly from day old memory there so idk.
More mech that I've debated before but am not about to get into more than I already have on.

I wouldn't be surprised. Half if not more of said cults are my own designs. The most recent was a broken hearts club that won by majority and removal of all promise breaking mechanics from the game (the game in question being Pinky Promise 2 which Fext and Ex were a part of that ended in simultaneous cult/town victory). So that's a few more grains to just be aware of while you're moving on.
Ex departing from his standard "let's all get culted" train of thought is the key there. Something is propelling him out of that zone. If he was just a standard town that knows there's a cult role he doesn't get pushed out like that. In that scenario he comes out early sticking to his usual and suggests no lynches and offers to get culted or however he'd play the let's all get culted angle. So we eliminate that from the likely pool of possibilities. It's not impossible but we don't care what's possible, we care what's likely.
Talked about this earlier but again Ex can be uncultable while not being scum.

This slot is definitely cult.
Oh wow you're right, Rubik's obv cult.

Her post is far less aggressive than Ex's which would indicate to me shes probably definitely not on the same wave length as Ex. I would say it unpairs them as wolf-wolf unless they can't talk during the day and so she didn't have an opportunity to talk Ex out of trying to create a witch hunt. I think as scum Minish would be able to recognize the departure from standard behavior from Ex would generate some heat. I have no basis of information on how town!Minish is with the cult everybody notion and am only applying that philosophy on Ex because of his own self admission to it. So without that I can't really see the aggression as alignment telling for her in regards to actual cult threat but I do find it odd that she would confirm the cult but refrain from speaking on threat level in either direction.
I remember vaguely agreeing with this when I read this and also I remember forgetting to note it in my Minish spoiler so uh thanks for reminding me. This is all fairly reasonable a response and probably the thing I consider towniest from them.

I counted bee cult so little I forgot it was a thing. Sitting pondering life because I couldn't remember a cultish role in that game...
Hosted added it last minute.

In general feeling okay about Numbers, while I still disagree about ExLight I see how it makes sense and with the perspective of thinking Fext had never played with a benign cult cult leader Fext also makes sense. However I do think that the refusal to actually vote on either of the people they seem very certain are scum despite being called out for it a couple of times is not the best look, and does damage my read on them a little.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
noone was aware it was a voting thing? anyone that said they 'loved' someone over any reason would accidentally trigger it
libk randomly decided to make it public that he was keeping track of it

I mean, even just the prospect of Libk asking everyone to post who they love most would probably stir some suspicion in mafia. And they would be leery that it could be a lovers thing and probably just ignore it.

If he believe its most likely that the cult is benign, then wouldn't it make sense he'd want to ignore the cult? And while I still don't think uncultable mafia is the most likely case scenario for Ex, I do understand where people pushing that theory are coming from and think its a reasonable push for Fext to be on board with.

He has no reason to believe that though. Even if he's only played with benign cults, the most common way cults are handled is being hostile. And I find it unlikely that Fext wouldn't know that.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Fair enough.

Okay so do you have anything else to say.
I can understand you being defensive here because I'm actively calling you scummy but it's weird that that's the only thing you have to add.
The only thing you said that was scummy about me was I was being defensive

I'm here. I see a lot of talk about a cult, but no one mentioned about the resurrection mechanic stated in the rules. Having players come back as a different alignment is a thing. I'm catching up now to see who said what.

I already have problems with this. Page 3. Cynical Squid gets shut down, accused of rolefishing and claiming rules are cited. Looks scummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom