• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Question About Link's Awakening

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I recently finished Link's Awakening (not even the 3DS download I have the original black and white cartridge) and one thing didnt make sense to me. If the island wasnt real and only existed in the Wind Fish's dream, how on earth did Link get there?

MW7

Well I am not entirely sure, but the Wind Fish does say "Let's awaken together" so I always assumed that Link is dreaming as well as the Wind Fish and that's why he's in the world of the Wind Fish. So everything in the game is a part of Link's dream, and the Wind Fish's dream is just an element of Link's dream. This explains why Ganon appears as one of the forms of the final boss since Ganon is an important figure in Link's memory. Also the title of the game hints to the fact that the whole game is Link's dream. But once again I must state that I really am not sure of all this.

^ That's what I always thought too. It explains why some of the other characters come back from ALttP, like Kiki the monkey and Mad Batter.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
in the beginning of Link's Awakening, Link's on his boat (i'm onna boat, i'm onna boat) and it gets struck my lightning, therefor knocking him out. and while he's knocked out, he dreams of Koholint Island...

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I was kinda thinking what IronKnuckle was. That the Wind Fish brought Link into the dream to save him, because even after he awakes on the wreckage after the island disappears, he still sees the Wind Fish flying above.

I was kinda thinking what IronKnuckle was. That the Wind Fish brought Link into the dream to save him, because even after he awakes on the wreckage after the island disappears, he still sees the Wind Fish flying above.

But why would The Wind Fish be dreaming about Ganon?

MW7

So are we in consensus that it's a combination of Link's and the Wind Fish's dreams, or does someone think differently?

And I never thought about Inception kind of relating to this, that's funny but true.

Im going off on a whim here but when link wakes up he sees the "wind fish" so I was thinking that maybe while link was knocked out the wind fish either carried him or swallowed him, causing link to share thoughts and dreams with this fish. then when link "woke up" it was the wind fish spitting him out or ditching him. thoughts?

A

at332

I agree it may be a good theory. But here is why that theory doesn't make sense to me. If you remember the end of the game when Link wakes holding on to a board (presumably
the debris of the ship that Link was on at the beginning of the game). If the windfish had picked him up and why would it drop him in the same place it found him. That is, unless it was flying in circles for the entire game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom