• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PS Vita Sales Continue to Decline

The PS Vita is becoming a train wreck in Japan, which is shocking considering how much of a stronghold PSP had on the nation especially during its early and later life. The system sold 18,361 units down from 42,915 units the week before. The 3DS outsold the Vita 5:1 for thee week in Japan. No PS Vita titles ranked in the top twenty. If the same fate meets Vita in the United States and Europe it may just well be the end for Sony's venture into the handheld market.

P

PokeOakly96

I want to say this is great news, obviously because I'm a 3DS supporter, but I kinda feel bad for Sony, considering the PSP library in general shall be forever known as awful and the PSP Go was already the worst mistake they ever made console-wise.

Man, that sucks. :/
Not to say that I have any interest in the Vita, but still.

I am glad that the 3DS is doing much better, though.

Big Octo

=^)
I guess I'll give my two cents...

Too be honest, I'm a little bit surprised here, but that's just it, a little bit. The 3DS did great at launch, despite its disastrous launch library. The Vita had somewhat good launch titles, granted that it has stronger 3rd party support. This is mainly what surprised me. However, there wasn't too much innovation seen in the hardware of the Vita. The same sort of went for the 3DS, but it seems it was amended by the 3D feature. So with a bad launch like this, I'm sure that Sony won't see any more bright days in the handheld market.

Does Microsoft even have a portable device out? :?

The closest thing they have is the Windows Phone. No dedicated handheld.

I guess I'll give my two cents...

Too be honest, I'm a little bit surprised here, but that's just it, a little bit. The 3DS did great at launch, despite its disastrous launch library. The Vita had somewhat good launch titles, granted that it has stronger 3rd party support. This is mainly what surprised me. However, there wasn't too much innovation seen in the hardware of the Vita. The same sort of went for the 3DS, but it seems it was amended by the 3D feature. So with a bad launch like this, I'm sure that Sony won't see any more bright days in the handheld market.

The Vita does have some big titles like Uncharted: Golden Abyss at launch. But yes, also Sony took too big of a gamble on the dual analog sticks and the rear touch pad.

Last edited:
In a way, I'm happy. Mostly because I'm a Nintendo guy. And I hope that Sony quits the handheld market after this, so that way Nintendo only has to compete with iPhone and Android games.

Even though I've enjoyed the PS2 and the PS3 (I've started playing PS1 games only recently), I've never really enjoyed the PSP and the Vita doesn't really appeal to me. If Sony quits the handheld market, it wouldn't be a big loss for me. If they do, I wonder if anyone will replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom