• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Prophecy of the Dead

Hey peeps! I'm writing a fan fiction story about well, Hyrule of course! So, I can't wait for your comments, constructive critism, and overall opinoins. Here we go.

- Chapter One: A Normal Day.... or so They Claim

I took a moment. I closed my eyes, and deeply breathed the air of Summer freedom, which usually smelled like car fumes here in Philadelphia. I pushed the sounds of cars zooming by, the wretched scent of cigarettes, and the blinding sunlight, which had somehow penetrated my eyelids from my head. I opened my eyes to a fine, but foul modern city. I went on for two more blocks, until I arrived at home, where I was blessed with an annoying mom, a Phillies obsessed dad, and an stupid "Legend of Zelda" addicted brother. If it wasn't for my friends at school, I'd be dead. I turned the key, to find something absolutely bizarre.

I tip-toed through the apartment carefully, as if a psycho was lurking somewhere in my home, awaiting the kill. Now, I was certain of it.

There was a weird, jelly-like substance coating the walls. It took all the willpower I could muster to not taste it. It was a metallic red, the same color of paint. I stuck my hand in it. It was more gelatinous than anything I had ever seen before. I stared in horror and disgust. I wondered how long Mom would ground me for this.

Suddenly, I heard a noise. A noise like Jell-o bouncing on the floor. It came from my room. I walked carefully, like I was walking on thin ice. I saw something absolutely horrifying, which made me regret peeking into my room.

How many curses passed my lips during this event, I will never know. I stared, ready to wretch, at creatures made of goo, on my bed. They had large yellow eyes, and came in many different colors. I felt like I had seen them somwhere before.
"Yes!" I thought. "Caleb's dumb Zelda games!" This was where they came from. What did he call them? Chuchus? He had forced me to watch him play his games a few times, so I remembered how to kill them. I skidded to the kitchen. I got the biggest knife I could find, and began to stab them, one by one.

"Almost all of them," I thought gleefully. All that was left was the group of purple chuchus. I thrust at one. The blade went right through it. I took a moment to remember what Caleb had done. He had used a shield of some sort to reflect light onto them, which turned them to stone. But I didn't have a shield. Suddenly, an idea formed in the depths of my brain. I skated through the piles of goo accumulating on my floor, until I steered myself to the window. There was no time to waste, so I opened my cutains. Immediately, each one was petrefied. I threw them on my floor, feeling like I had strangled those Chus to death. My hands indicated that.
Just as the knife was back in the drawer, the door opened. My Mom said "Eyal, did anything happen while I was gone?"
"You have no clue," I thought.

Thanks for the comments! Keep 'em coming!:rolleyes:
-Chapter Two: A Dream That Went Far Beyond Gregor Samsa

As my mom peeked through the door, all but a little goo dissolved into thin air. I kept the rest in an old plastic bottle. I thought about what would happen if I told anyone about this. Caleb would tell everybody. Mom would say "Eyal Rachel Silverstein, you are a thriteen year old girl. Act your age!" Dad would mumble about baseball.

Dinner wasn't much better either. I wanted to tell someone so badly about my triumph against the Chus. I felt like a balloon filled with too much helium. About ready to burst. I went straight to my room. I was going to crawl into bed. Sleeping was the number one way to let you problems melt, just like ice cream on a hot day. I treasured the thought of sleep at the end of a rough day. All was quiet. Until I closed my eyes.

I was standing in a vast field. Off in the distance was a majestic, alluring castle. A bright full moon hung in the sky. It was suddenly concealed by storm clouds, and the moor was shrouded in a blanket of mist. Out of the corner of my eye, I glimpsed a beautiful white horse, carrying a young girl and a middle aged woman. The girl, who looked no more than twelve, threw something into a nearby stream. I ran to the castle to investigate. But I had to stop dead in my tracks.

I noticed a dark skinned man, mounted on a demonic horse. The man carried an aura of malice. He had cornered a small boy wearing a leaf green tunic, and a Christmas elf hat. The sinister horse galloped of in the direction of the white horse. As I approached the castle, the boy dove into the stream. His head, which had a mop of messy blond hair, peeked out of the water. He held a well polished instrument in his small hand. It was an ocarina. No, wait. THE Ocarina.

I awoke with a jolt. I was in a strange room. I felt like I had seen this place before. The smallest twinge of deja vu tickled my memory. All I had left to think was "Isn't it a little early for the Renaissance Fair?"

Sorry these chapters are so short. I'll do my best to make them a little longer.:sweat:

-Chapter Three: Death's Third Dominion
My head was spinning as I looked around the room. I wondered if my eyes were playing some cruel prank on me. Torches on the wall lit up the room. I felt the stares of everyone in the room burn my skin.

"That's enough staring. She isn't a captive animal," said a stern female voice. All eyes went towards the entrance, even mine. A beautiful woman, at least in her early twenties, walked into the dusty chamber. Her hair was tied back, which revealed ears so pointed that they could pop a balloon.

"What's your name?" I asked the woman. Biggest mistake of my life.
"My name is Zelda. I am princess of the kingdom of Hyrule," she replied. Before she continued, she signaled everyone else to get lost. Everyone evacuated immediately, like a fire was raging on. She held her hand up toward me. I didn't say a word. Suddenly, I felt the weirdest sensation on the back of my hand. I looked at it. It was three connected triangles: the Triforce. But something was utterly wrong. Zelda's part of the Triforce glowed the most beautiful shade of gold, whereas mine was a dark shade of purple.

"Goddesses help me," she murmured. All color drained from her face. My piece was in the middle. Her's was on the lower left corner.

"What's going on? Mine is purple, but yours is the color of the sun," I had to say. I was ultimately attacked with the most frightening response ever.

"That is the piece of the Triforce that was hidden long ago to avoid anyone's stealing it. Apparently, Hellosis has taken a liking to you."

"Who?!" I exclaimed. I was really freaking out now.

"Hellosis is the lord of the underworld. He is in charge of making sure that everyone who is born, dies at some point. His servants are the stalfos, and their stalchildren strewn across Hyrule. Listen well now Eyal. Hellosis secretly created a piece of the Triforce against the orders of Din, Nayru, and Farore, the Keepers of the Triforce. It was locked away in a hidden place far beneath the depths of hell. But Hellosis found it, and decided to grant it to the person he thought worthy. You were born in a village near Castle Town, where we are now. Kakariko Village, as it is called, was becoming dangerous due to an impending war. You and the other infants had to be sent to America. Now, it is safe for you to return home. For you aren't a human. You are one of the shadow beings, a Sheikah. Take a look,"

She got up to grab a pail of water. I looked into it. "That isn't me," I thought. My ears were pointed, but not as long as Zelda's. My eyes were more cat-like now. My long black hair was tied in a braid going down my back. I decided to conduct a little experiment. While Zelda was still quiet, I listened closely. I could hear a squeaking mouse, but there were no rodents to be seen in the room. There was a hole in a corner, so I was certain there was a mouse in the room. I held my breath.

Finally, Zelda stood up. She said "There is a graveyard at Kakariko. It is across the stream. Why don't you practice your powers there?"

Without thinking, I nodded. I got up, and strolled out of Castle Town, into Hyrule Field.

-Chapter Four: My Long Lost Brother
Hyrule Field was the lush field I had seen in my vision of elf boy. It looked much better in the sunlight. It also looked much better when it wasn't infested with stalchildren. When I arrived at Kakariko, I was immediately noticed. I felt so shy now, since I wasn't the biggest fan of being the center of attention. One boy was especially into me. He had black hair down to his pointed ears, and eyes that looked like mine. I didn't want this boy stalking me. I ran to the cemetery. He followed me. I had to hide. I hid behind a familiar house. I didn't have time to wonder why I thought I knew this house. I thought about invisibility, hoping it was within my repertoire of powers. Suddenly, pain bombarded my legs, then I saw stalker boy walking away.

It was nightfall by the time I got to the graveyard. No-one else was here, except for the ghosts, who really liked talking to me. Once they were done, I started to hum a song I knew. A black bird flew in, and landed on the closest branch. "Maybe I could summon more" I thought, so I sang "Blackbird" by the Beatles. Some blackbirds flew in, and chirped with me. I was really enjoying myself, when all of a sudden, a masculine voice called my name. All 76 birds retreated. It was the boy who had been spying on me before.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" I aksed. His candle's flame flickered in the warm breeze.
"You don't recognize me, do you? I can understand that," he sighed. "I'm Moses, your brother here in Hyrule. We were separated when we were little."
"Okay, that's nice. I have to go," I lied. Moses was giving me a case of the willies.
"Wait. Don't you want to hear the details? Ganondorf, who was an evil lord was ressurected by some of his followers. He wanted to reform Hyrule to make it his own. In order to do this, he had to collect the pieces of the Triforce. He had Power under his command already. Wisdom and Courage were the ones he needed. He had no idea of the existence of your piece. Once he knew of it, he stopped at nothing to retrieve it. He began a grisly war in order to find you. You had to be sent to America. I was taken to Zora's River. Eyal, all my life, I've been waiting for a sign. I prayed and prayed. Now here wer are, sitting together at last. I've found you. The gods have answered me." He wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back. And smiled.

Sorry my chapters are so darn shot.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if my chapters are so short and/or getting worse. I'm doing my best. :facepalm:
-Chapter Five: Not Darth Vader This Time
I took a leisurely stroll with Moses to Zora's River, where he had been taken as an infant. I told him about my odd dream, and asked for an explaination. I knew right away that I shouldn't have, because he went into Hylian Myth Nerd Overdrive. He told me that the boy clad in green was the Hero of Time, who had banished Ganondorf to the depths of hell. The scene I witnessed was when he was confronted by Ganondorf for the first time.

"You're such a geek, bro," I teased.
"What is this 'geek' you speak of?" he returned. I tried my hardest to hold in a snicker. I was going to like it here.

The river would have looked like liquid crystal, if something cataclysmic hadn't happened. According to my brother, this place was usually teeming with life. Now, it was like a wasteland. The grass was brown, flowers were wilted, the stream had been dried up, and a stange creature without a nose, who was holding a small leather pouch, was unconscious. We were both scratching our heads. It took a while for it to dawn on me what had happened.

"Do you think it was...?"

"Who else could it have been? We have to get to Zora's Domain. Let us make haste!" he declared. We ran swiftly to the cave where the entrance to Zora's Domain was located. Normally, a massive waterfall blocked the entrance. The waterfall seemed like no more than a dripping faucet. We got inside as fast as we could.

"What happened!?" I exclaimed. Moses was speechless. The whole place was frozen over. The Zoras were spazzing out about the water being frozen. In the middle of it all was a shady figure clad in purple. He stared at the mess, without a drop of guilt on his face, as if he had caused it. Though Moses and I were silent, the shady man turned in our direction. The two of us were paralyzed. This figure carried an aura of death, and spelled of ashes. He walked over to us.

"My name is Hellosis, lord of the Underworld and it's residents. I am your father, Eyal and Moses."

Sorry for the wait peoples! My first week back at school from spring break, so I've been busy. Here you go! :zelda::)

Chapter Six: Thin Ice
"Wh-what?!" my brother managed to stutter. "What are you talking about?! This is just plain bull..,"

"Silence boy!" Hellosis bellowed. "Follow me. I ought to shed some light," he explained. I could tell by just his presence that he meant buisness.

We were led back out to the formerly flowing river. Fish flopped about in the muck. The awkward creature with the leather pouch was still snoozing nearby. We decided to sit by a rock formation, which was a small waterfall before.

"Listen well, you two. What I am about to tell you is unequivocally crucial. When you were both still crawling, the Great War of Hyrule broke out. Your mother was watching you grow up, as I could not. I couldn't leave my post. Anway, since a bloody war was about to take place, I was getting excited. War means death, and death means buisness. Aside, I was excited, but worried. You were the only children an immortal being has ever had."

"Wait... what?" Moses asked. "You're serious? How were we born?"

"You don't stop with the questions, do you? I was disguised as a mortal, and taking a walk in Castle Town one day. I noticed a woman at a fruit vendor, the one who I wanted to call my wife. We met, and grew closer. The other immortals were beginning to get agitated with me, shirking my duties more and more often. They would ban me from the heavens if I did any longer. I swore I would after she gave birth to you. She.. she died of childbirth. I.. I..," he could barely finish the sentence. As soon as he was able to let the second "I" get out, he began to sob like an infant. The mud turned to ice in the gap where Zora's River once was. I wondered how one was supposed to comfort a god when he began to weep like a little girl.

"I believe you two are destined to murder Ganondorf. There is a prophecy...," he said after the last few tears dried. He took a deep breath.

"The lord of the desert shall rise once more, the children of death to send him `neath the sand, dead to assist them in the battle for life, ending evil's reign across the land."

"What?" both of us said in unison. "What do you mean? Wait... if we are your children.... we must have inherited some powers of yours," I blurted out. I facepalmed myself.

"Do not be embarassed. Actually, that was to be an experiment that Nayru would have conducted. She hypothesised that if gods have children, they would inherit powers, or character traits, depending on which one of us it was. We shouldn't be having children anyway..," he sighed.

"I don't mean to be rude, uh, dad, but we oughta get going," I said. Without thinking, I hopped down to the river.

"Eyal, no! You're going to fall on the..," Moses shouted. He was too late. I already hit my head, and blacked out. My vision blurred. The last thing I saw was a malevolent looking man, who seemed oddly familiar, and my brother screaming like a little girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom