• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Priestess Zelda?

Now, we all know that Zelda isn't a princess in this game. However, she is an important person in Skyloft; even Ghirahim respects her position by calling her "her holiness". In addition the Goddess goes through a lot of effort to protect her from Ghirahim. So I was thinking that Zelda might be in the line of Skyloft priestesses. What do you guys think?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think Zelda in SS actually is prochecied to be a princess, through the course of fate in which Ghirahim is somehow tied. The Goddesses just saved her from falling by sending that giant...behemoth to swallow her, so that she'd be preserved for her future role as Hyrule's princess. But from what I know of Zelda's Skyloft portrayal, she is a childhood friend of Link and daughter of a prominent leader there (who very well could be a priest).

Last edited:

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
(I assume you mean "prophecied", Thareous?)

I'm uncertain on this matter. The 'her holiness' does make me think that she's a priestess, or a priestess-in-training. However, I think the way she dresses is a little different from how a priestess would normally dress. I dunno, we'll just have to wait and see, even though it's hard.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
"Her holiness" could refer to a lot of positions and titles. For example, in some cultures back in medieval times, the King or Queen was called "your holiness." On wedding days in that time, if brides had kept themselves pure, they were also referred to as "your holiness" because they had set themselves apart. But I doubt Zelda's a bride in this game (unless they finally made my ZeLink fanboy happy (you say I like MaLink? Only in the OoT time period)). She could be a priestess, or simply, she could have the Golden Power in her, making her holy for the goddess that saved her.

Rytex brings up an interesting point, and his point of view is also what I subscribe to. Anyway, this was a topic of debate a while back when information started pouring in earlier this year around E3. Many people equate Zelda's new non-princess role and some of Lord Ghirahim's quotes - along with a few other things like her clothes - to her being a priestess.

I can admit, her look does kinda fit the bill... At any rate, here's the old thread: Is Zelda a Priestess in Skyward Sword?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Her holiness" could refer to a lot of positions and titles. For example, in some cultures back in medieval times, the King or Queen was called "your holiness." On wedding days in that time, if brides had kept themselves pure, they were also referred to as "your holiness" because they had set themselves apart. But I doubt Zelda's a bride in this game (unless they finally made my ZeLink fanboy happy (you say I like MaLink? Only in the OoT time period)). She could be a priestess, or simply, she could have the Golden Power in her, making her holy for the goddess that saved her.
While you are right, most of those possibilities are disqualified. It's cannon that she's not royalty, and it has been shown as very unlikely that she's betrothed. Being called "her holiness" because of the Triforce is a bit of a stretch.

She could be but we do not know what confuses me it says that they are both in a boarding school for hylian knights now why would she need to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom