• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poll: What Gun Should Link Have if Nintendo Made a Zelda Game with Guns in

If Nintendo made a new Zelda Game what gun should Link have.

• Rifle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revolver

• Pistol

• Shotgun

• Musket

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would love to see Link with a rifle if he had any gun; I'm thinking a Sniper so it'd be closer to the Bow and Arrow and other projectiles featured in previous titles. I don't really want Link to have a gun, but if he must then make it a rifle :)

Link shouldn't even have a gun, period. This is a fantasy game, and if you haven't noticed, most of the items are made up. It would be strange to include a modern day item we use on a day to day basis. In real life we don't have hookshots, bombs we carry around, flying beetles, or ocarinas that warp us around. Sure, we might have slingshots, but they don't have the same power as the ones in Zelda, and we sure don't use them on a day to day basis, same with a bow and arrow. I think the idea of having guns in Zelda would ruin part of what this game stands for, and that is that a game doesn't need to be like Modern Warfare, Halo or any of the other shooter games, in order to be successful.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I don't think that Link's close range sword should be out-used by a gun, personally. That's why I went with the rifle. Good long ranged weapon instead.

Dan

Link shouldn't even have a gun, period. This is a fantasy game, and if you haven't noticed, most of the items are made up. It would be strange to include a modern day item we use on a day to day basis. In real life we don't have hookshots, bombs we carry around, flying beetles, or ocarinas that warp us around. Sure, we might have slingshots, but they don't have the same power as the ones in Zelda, and we sure don't use them on a day to day basis, same with a bow and arrow. I think the idea of having guns in Zelda would ruin part of what this game stands for, and that is that a game doesn't need to be like Modern Warfare, Halo or any of the other shooter games, in order to be successful.

True but that doesn't mean you can't throw in some steampunk. Hence why I voted musket, something that takes time to fire would fit in. Okay something Like a machine gun wouldn't fit so well ofc :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is a fantasy game, and if you haven't noticed, most of the items are made up. It would be strange to include a modern day item we use on a day to day basis. In real life we don't have hookshots, bombs we carry around, flying beetles, or ocarinas that warp us around.
Final Fantasy is a fantasy game (it's in the name lol). Guess what? Squall and Lightning have gunblades. A gun mixed with a blade. So, that doesn't make much sense. We do have grappling hooks which function basically the same as a hookshot. Bombs are explosives, and people in the army carry fragmentation grenades, smoke grenades, flashbangs, etc. Flying beetles, well, beetles fly so there. And I can't argue against Ocarinas.

winterbbytumblr said:
Sure, we might have slingshots, but they don't have the same power as the ones in Zelda, and we sure don't use them on a day to day basis, same with a bow and arrow. I think the idea of having guns in Zelda would ruin part of what this game stands for, and that is that a game doesn't need to be like Modern Warfare, Halo or any of the other shooter games, in order to be successful.
I disagree, my cousin has a slingshot and does EVERYTHING with it. If I had a bow and arrow I'd use it all day.

The objective of Zelda isn't to be a game that need not conform to society. The objective of Zelda is to be Zelda. That can be accomplished with guns; we've seen sailboats, steamboats, trains...next step is guns amirite.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Devil May Cry is a fantasy series. It has a gun. Darksiders is a fantasy game. It has a gun. Just sayin'.

I would love to see that Automatic bow and arrow Gun he had in the Crossbow training game :)

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Assuming OP's said game took place in the modern age, I think that a revolver would be most fitting for him. Swords were often used as back-up weapons in combat in the middle ages as pistols are used as back-up weapons now. I see revolvers being more fit to Link's style than automatics as they seem like more of an adventurer's weapon to me and they are often more reliable and rugged than autos are.

Rifles and shotguns could also work as well.

Djinn

and Tonic
Somehow I'm imagining Link picking up a small octorock and holding it like a pistol then every time he squeezes it it spits a rock at an enemy. Or maybe a finely carved walnut stock Deku Scrub nut gun.

There are actually quite a few random and weird things around Hyrule that one could craft a gun out of without having to really copy a real world gun of any type. However Hyrule does seem to have the technology of gun powder with all the fairly common bombs and bomb shops that appear in almost every game. As well as natural bombfruit. I would not be surprised if some type of hand cannon type of device appears that requires bombfruit fuel and deku nut ammo. It would make all those things you collect out in the field a little more useful later in the game. Anything more advanced would mot likely create the same outcry that ST did when trains appeared. People definitely like their Zeldas firmly in the anachronistic middle ages regardless of the small things that appear to be highly technical.

Ljjpz1

Answer Me This
Made me think of this: The Real Legend of Zelda 1 Part 1 - [HQ] - YouTube 3:00 - 3:40

Anyway, in the end I think I'd have to say some sort of medieval revolver, or something. Long range has and always should be dedicated to the bow and arrow, but the short range slingshot does practically nothing. So in the end, that'd probably be the best choice. I don't think the idea is very plausible in the first place, though. The only thing I can see working is some kind of bomb launcher, for exploding things we're unable to reach that are far away or high up. A hylian grenade launcher, if you will :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom