• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Black and White Comes to Stores Sept. 18! Or March 2011!

Which 5th generation game will you get?

• Pokemon Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon White

• Neither!

• Both!

• I'll see if more information gets out...

• Total voters

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Well, Pokemon Black and White have been known to be the 5th generation pokemon games since March or April this year. Highly anticipated, these games will be in stores September 18, 2010 and March 2011 in the Japan and the United States Respectively. What is your opinion on these new Pokemon Games? What do you think about the fact that only Isshu pokemon will exist in these games until you get the National Pokedex? All true information on these games could be found at my favorite source, Jubilife TV.
Also, in the poll, which game will you get? Or, are you getting them at all?
Please voice your opinions here.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm thinking about getting Black. I haven't played as much Pokemon as I used to, and this one really needs to draw me in if I'm gonna get it. Then again, by the release date, I'll be like 'I must have it.' At least, that's my guess:P
I really need to look at more than just the new pokemon, which I think are okay. Some of them I think are just messed up, while others I've taken a liking to.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
I plan on getting the Japanese version of Black for my B-day and the US version of White after my report card comes. ^^
I really like Rancarusu (the green, jelly bean like psychic) only because he reminds me of one of Stitch's "cousins" from the Lilo and Stitch series. :lol:

T

TwiliPrincess

I'm getting Pokemon White because of the more natural cities and brighter pokemon! :3

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'm probably gonna go for Pokemon Black first, then get White later down the road.

I personally don't care about there not being any foriegn Pokemon in Black and White.

And I'm probably just gonna wait for the American version to be released. I was never one to import the Japanese versions of games just so I could play them before I technically should.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm getting Black because I love Reshiram.My favorite non-legendary is the green plasma jellybean pokemon.Rankarusu?I love these games so far.I'm definetly gonna get them first day.I usually go to Serebii for Black and White.It shows a list of all the pokemon in order with pictures and information in the "Fifth Generation Pokemon" section.

Beeker

Wild Card
What are your favourite Gen V pokemon? (If you even like them)
I've seemed to take a liking to Shimama and Wooguru. I freaked when I saw Emonga(not sure if it was good or bad,though:P)
Knowing me, I'd just wait for the American version. I've never even tried importing a game.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Is September 18 really the release date?
I remember hearing that September 18 wasn't the release date, but the date in which they were going to announce the release date.
Maybe some wires got crossed...But September does sound a little early....

bds1110

Imp
Well, I think I'm importing, so I think I'll import Black. (This is mainly because I want White more) I'll import Black and then when it comes out in English, I'll get the one I'm more excited for. c: White. I said White, but I guess I could say both...

I remember hearing that September 18 wasn't the release date, but the date in which they were going to announce the release date.

I'm pretty sure it is. If you look on play-asia, it says September 18th.

From what I've heard, there's going to be actual differences between versions this time around. Looks like Black is going to be centered around a more modernized industrial look, while White will be more natural and traditional. Personally, I think I'll go for Black first, just because that offers the type of scenery I like more. The difference between the Pokemon you can catch has never been major enough for me to really care, so that's not usually a deciding factor. One of my brothers will probably get White though, so no problems.

Kazumi

chagy
I am very excited for Black and White, and can not wait for them. At all. I will be getting both. Well, kind of. One will be my brother's and the other mine. I believe I will be getting Black, because the environment, like Ver-go said, will be modernized, which is something that you don't see in Pokemon very often. And I also like the main legendary of Black better (it's the white one). My brother will be therefore getting white.

I may even consider importing one of them. But we will wait and see.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
What do you think about the fact that only Isshu pokemon will exist in these games until you get the National Pokedex?
I'm glad to hear this, because then I won't automatically start using the same Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl. In fact, I'd rather they only include some of the Pokemon from prior generations like they did in Ruby and Sapphire. If it weren't for that decision, I would have hardly changed my teams around at all.

Also, if this game comes with some sort of in-game EV training tool, then I may start playing Pokemon again. Dealing with all those shenanigans seriously put me off of it for a long time.

Kybyrian

I'm glad to hear this, because then I won't automatically start using the same Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl. In fact, I'd rather they only include some of the Pokemon from prior generations like they did in Ruby and Sapphire. If it weren't for that decision, I would have hardly changed my teams around at all.

Also, if this game comes with some sort of in-game EV training tool, then I may start playing Pokemon again. Dealing with all those shenanigans seriously put me off of it for a long time.

What do you mean EV training tool? Like something to calculate how many EVs your Pokemon has? Cooldogs made a useful application that adds up EVs. It's manual, but it works.

As for Black and White, I just can't wait. They are going to be great games. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new Pokemon they put in it. I think that not including any of the Pokemon from other regions until you get the National Dex is a great idea. It'll encourage people to try to make different teams. Well, force them to make different teams. I'm looking forward to some good legendary Pokemon. Palkia and Dialga really weren't some of my favorites.

Kirino

Tatakae

That's the Japanese release date.North America's in March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom