• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Playthrough

molgera2

The Desert-Dwelling Beast
To me, the playthrough of A Link to the Past was very good. I myself think that they should give some credit to the older games by making a remake of one of them. Sure, they were harder, but that makes them all the more challenging. And to me challenging games were more fun:). Maybe the graphics aren't very good compared to the newer ones, but I'm pretty sure that's why most people are not playing the older games. To me it's how much fun you have playing it and how well the stoyline plays through. So give the older games like A Link to the Past another chance;).

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110624_4.jpg
    Snapshot_20110624_4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 19

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Your User Name got the molgera theme in my so I'm currently listening to it now.

I have to agree about older games in general sure graphics aren't good but that's not something forward into a game and older tend to be more difficult which I really but more on AlttP I'd like to see something like the magic medallions return in SwS or at leadt magic spells like in AoL and OoT.

Ganondork

goo
Another chance? I believe ALttP is one of Zelda's greatest games. It introduced the puzzles and using more than just one song. It pretty much allowed OoT to do what it did and influence other Zelda titles. It was the beginning of the wonderful catalyst that started the modern-day Zelda formula.

For anybody to say anything bad about it would be hard. How could you? Superior graphics for its time, wonderful story line, great dungeons, fun extra things to find. Heck, it blows games like CoD out of the water. It is a masterpiece even in this day.

I think ALttP is one of the most appreciated and loved games in all of Zelda, right up there with OoT, so I don't get where you're coming from. They did remake the game on the GBA in 2003, and it is currently available on the Wii Virtual Console. I have never found a single Zelda fan who did not love ALttP, and most of the people that would dislike a game because of the graphics are already too narrow minded to enjoy anything besides CoD or any other brainless shooter. Like I said before, I really don't get the point of this thread.

molgera2

The Desert-Dwelling Beast
I think ALttP is one of the most appreciated and loved games in all of Zelda, right up there with OoT, so I don't get where you're coming from. They did remake the game on the GBA in 2003, and it is currently available on the Wii Virtual Console. I have never found a single Zelda fan who did not love ALttP, and most of the people that would dislike a game because of the graphics are already too narrow minded to enjoy anything besides CoD or any other brainless shooter. Like I said before, I really don't get the point of this thread.

one of my friends is a zelda fan and he thinks LoZ,AoL,Alttp,OOA,La,OOS all sucks and " can only play games with good graphics"

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
o_O'' What the?

I can't play LoZ, a bit hard, doesn't have the full three triforce pieces, a bit different etc. If I didn't know the modern zelda now, i would be playing it now.
AoL - not played.
Alttp DYING TO PLAY BRING ON GBA GAMES 3DS (Alttp DX)
LA : I give it time when Im in the car. Other times, I'm playing WW, OoT, MM or TP.
OoA/OoS: I find it hard to get into these games. It's hard, but I haven't played them that much yet. I'm focusing on the big chunky ones.

one of my friends is a zelda fan and he thinks LoZ,AoL,Alttp,OOA,La,OOS all sucks and " can only play games with good graphics"

Well, that's the opinion of one person, not the entire world. Seriously, hang out here at ZD for a while, and you'll see that nearly all of us share your opinion on ALttP. Someone who plays games for the graphics has no right to call themselves a gamer.

Then I suggest you discuss the matter with your friend in private, instead of making meaningless threads in here.

He is not a true Zelda fan. I would love to see an ACTUAL remake of ALttP, maybe even in 3D. A lot of people are probably going to try to call me out to say that that wouldn't work, but I see no reasons as to why it couldn't work. If you have one feel free to enlighten me.

I must agree with some of my predecessors here, that all of us true Zelda fans aren't bothered by old-school graphics, and really, shouldn't be. If you NEED good graphics, go f*cking watch a movie. Graphics should really only be a plus, not the foundation of bias.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
I don't think this is a useless thread, however Alttp was the first Zelda game I ever played therefore it has sentimental value and still stands as my favorite Zelda game of all time. As far as graphics go I agree they should be a plus not the basis. P.S. Don't ever EVER ANYBODY SAY CoD ON THIS WEBSITE!! That should be an offensive term to bring up such a mindless piece of sh!t when in reference to Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom