• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Placement of 2D Games

Or, hell, it could mean something crazy like Nerushi's timeline :P

I have to say, though, his reasoning for TMC-FS/FSA-OoT is really, really convincing.

Pinecove, that is of absolutely no relevance to Zemen as he doesn't give a damn about developer intent.
That's definitely the best non-AT LttP theory I have seen so far.
What, exactly, keeps FSA-LttP on the AT aside from geography, in which the intent was abandoned in development, anyway?

I have to say, though, his reasoning for TMC-FS/FSA-OoT is really, really convincing.

It's... interesting. Not sure if it is convincing, but definitely something to think about...

What, exactly, keeps FSA-LttP on the AT aside from geography, in which the intent was abandoned in development, anyway?

Two small things of storyline importance in FSA and LttP:

1. The 4S in LttP is definitely a connection between the FSS and LttP. It is also broken in the SR, thus making it the best explanation to how Ganon ended in the SR for LttP we have so far.

2. The trident and title in FSA were put there for some reason. The developers made sure to add a backstory to Ganon's previously unimportant weapon, thus making a direct connection to LttP and OoX. FSA not only tells the story of how Ganon got his hands in the trident (which was used in LttP), but it also says that the title of "Demon King of Darkness" is awarded to the one who owns the trident. As that is the title used in LttP, there is it...

I'm starting to really like River Zora's timeline though, it is similar to mine, in a way :P

Pinecove

Last Chance
^Another example

There's the theives who we put into the Lost woods in FSA and there they are in the lost woods in AlttP...

It's... interesting. Not sure if it is convincing, but definitely something to think about...

*cough*

Either Aonuma or Miyamotto said:
Story is not something that should confuse the player...

Please tell me you were not convinced that TMC comes first for the hat argument...

I thought it was something like River Zora's... with FSA in the AT and LttP in the CT...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Please tell me you were not convinced that TMC comes first for the hat argument...

I thought it was something like River Zora's... with FSA in the AT and LttP in the CT...

I don't see why people hate the hat argument so much. I put MC at the beginning of the timeline but not for the sole purpose of the hat, but the hat is a staple to Link's character and this game seems to give us a reason why he has that hat. The only people that HATE the hat evidence are people who are 100% against MC being first. There are some people who don't put MC first but still agree that the hat thing isn't just a coincedence.

The BS of the game talks about a previous hero who wears no hat and this person doesn't seem to be a previous Link and the BS doesn't have anything in common with any of the games previously made. Then comes along a Link who doesn't have a hat and aquires one later and is told that it suits him, thus the hat sticks from then on out. You can argue all you want that it means nothing, but if it meant nothing than Nintendo wouldn't have put so much focus on it during the game. The whole game is about a hat, Ezlo is a hat, Link has no hat at the beginning of the game and the hero in the BS has no hat. The hat IS significant.

If there was any other game mentioning any hat tradition, I would agree with you. But, until then, it is just a hat....

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If there was any other game mentioning any hat tradition, I would agree with you. But, until then, it is just a hat....

The fact that the other games DON'T discuss a hat tradition is one of the reasons why that makes it so significant. Every game, Link either starts out in some random clothes and gets his hat AND tunic together or you start out the game with the hat and tunic. MC is the only game where you start out with a tunic and no hat. And the game seems to make it a point to show that a previous hero has no hat and the game is centered around hats.

On a side note, why are the forums messed up?

Ezlo actually isn't a hat, have you even played the game? And you are looking way too far into this whole hat deal. It really isn't all that significant.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Ezlo actually isn't a hat, have you even played the game? And you are looking way too far into this whole hat deal. It really isn't all that significant.

Ezlo was transformed into a hat. I have played the game more times than I can count. I know he's a minish and all that jazz, but for 99% of the game he IS Link's hat.

The game is completely based around hats. It's cool if you don't find it significant. That's your thing, but I do find it significant.

So? I wasn't saying it isn't significant in that game, it just isn't at all throughout the series. Link getting that hat does not make it the first Zelda title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom