• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Piece of Heart Help

I have four more to go and I am really dreading two.

First is the Don Gero quest. It has been a while since I actually beat the game, but I never got all the hearts, and have decided it is time to do so. Thus, I don't really remember the temples to an exact tee. How far into the Woodfall and Great Bay Temples are the Gekkos? Just seems like a very tedious task, especially if it is far in the Great Bay Temple...

Potentially worse, is the Deku jumping game. Yes that is right... I do day 1 fine. Day 2 I barely make my first platform, and can't make a second. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but my timing is just awful. As a Deku you fly quite slowly and those platforms are moving kinda fast, then switch direction on a dime. And with the timer, there really isn't time to sit and plan or chase specific platforms, you just kinda have to go for it. Are there any tips for that game? Just a lot of practice? If day 2 is like that, I can only imagine day 3....

Thanks!

Big Octo

=^)
Regarding the first piece and the Don Gero quest, don't sweat it, you can get to the Gekkos fairly easily now that you're fully equipped. For the Woodfall Temple, you might have to solve a few puzzles first to get to it, but the fact that you already have the bow will make it an easier time to get to him. The Greatbay Temple should be even easier, as all you have to do is enter the room before the chamber in which the Gekko lurks and use the Ice Arrows to cross the water. This room is not far at all from the beginning, if you remember the layout correctly.

As for the second piece, all I can say is practice makes perfect, soon you'll have it down. :yes:

Night Owl

~Momentai
They shouldn't be too hard to find in their temples. You just need to remember where you got your boss keys from. It's actually easier coming back for them since you can go straight to them without needing to worry about finding anything else first.
From the room with the big wooden flower, head to the room adjacent to the east. Shoot the eye switch and ride the flower to the second floor.
The woodfall gekko is in the room to the north. iirc

You need to go through the tunnel that's closest to the top that you can enter without changing the water's direction. In the next room just continue through the next tunnel.
You should be in a room with bio babas, just exit through the door. You should be in a fairly large room with a round pond in the middle and a door you need your ice arrows to get to.
The great bay gekko is in the room you get to via crossing the water.

As for the deku playground, it's just a matter of watching the platforms and knowing how they move. Lots of practice helps also.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Gekkos won't be too hard--especially if you recently played the game.

Deku Leaf can be a little challenging but isn't too bad.

...I'd be more concerned with the shooting gallery.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
...I'd be more concerned with the shooting gallery.

The Clock Town Shooting Gallery is the only Piece of Heart that took me several in game days to obtain, and several rage quits.

On the topic at hand...

Like people above me have been saying, the Gekkos really shouldn't be too much of a problem. The Woodfall one is through an upper floor door in the second large poison-filled room, the one with the lone Deku Flower moving up and down in the centre.

The Great Bay one, if I remember correctly, is only a couple doors from the entrance, so that one shouldn't be too difficult either. I do remember that it requires the use of both ice and fire arrows though.

As for the Deku Playground... trust me, I feel your pain. It, along with most of the minigames in MM, is undoubtedly challenging, and it will also take most people several tries to complete. Just keep practicing, and you'll eventually get it. :)

Thanks for the help! Will try these soon. My next challenge... Figuring out what the fourth piece of heart is. The third is the Great Bay Jumping Game (seems to be a theme that I can't jump). But the fourth is a mystery. Going through the guide, I keep thinking I know what it is, but I get there and it is not it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom