• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, if I was to quote every person who has voted me today, I think I'd end up with like... 13 people, some of them more than once
to the people who think I'm scum like...
what do you think is going on in wolfchat

to the people who think im not the dreaming god, can you at least acknowledge that I am almost certainly from a pirates mafia game given I was talking like a pirate at the beginning of the game?

additionally, the odds of me being from pirates mafia, not the dreaming god but choosing to fakeclaim that role when like
I COULD JUST FAKECLAIM A TOWN ROLE LMAO
are obscenely low

since you talked about it funnier, I am still trying to play to my win condition
I always will when I sign up
I do want to be a bit happier on average when playing in games, and I don't think I am achieving that this game, given how frustrating it is

"But Sunfan!!!!!!! You chose the dreaming god so you wouldn't get counterclaimed!!!!!!"
yeah I'm a ****ing genius, I've locked myself into promising to perform an ability that can't be replicated otherwise if I did that
give me a day and you can at least see that I am what I say that I am
also to the people who have said that I haven't been scumhunting
lolyou

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
not before
tell me what you were thinking before, because you didn't know I was 3p before
I thought you were acting weird and scummy, and you voted Ex for no reason, your promise of your role confirmation D2 wasn't interesting to me unless you claimed today. And then you did so it just made me more certain that I'm keeping my vote on you.

oh, to expand on using power (bathroom currently occupied by someone else)
I was going to choose who to kill based on normal votes so like
it would effectively have been a normal lynch, I would look at a votecount that I had been keeping track of and then kill the top vote-getter, just like a normal lynch

it also has the added benefit of not having a tie block town out of having a lynch

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
duplicate, if used early and I claim it, is neutral, not anti-town

If you used duplicate tonight and we had 15 people at the start of tomorrow, then 4 votes would be enough to lynch someone. This mandates that people be much more careful with their votes to avoid accidently lynching someone which limits the amount of information we can gain from wagon analysis, and also gives coordinated voting blocs a lot more sway since the day will almost certainly end in maj. Mafia is coordinated and so they can potentially capitalize on this (although if they do it too obviously it will bite them the fact that its an option is good for them on average even if they don't utilize it)

there were 20 players in pirates mafia 2, and even with it getting to final 3, it was only night 9
if an ability is so bad that town never wants me to use it, its possible for me to never use it, and I think this ability (or the one about halving votes) was the one used on night 9 in that game

There's more than 2anti-town abilities in your kit.

power is neutral because I still have to listen to what you guys say, and there's not much opportunity for me to use this to guarantee a win for myself or mafia earlier than like f5 or something, so maybe a tiny bit red
I was actually going to use this to prove myself so that you know im not a cult leader, and to remove the threat of me using it later since I can't choose the same word twice in one game, for the people who were asking

There's messiness involved in a player deciding the lynch as the result of a vote rather than the vote having direct power. You'll presumably need to decide a kill before the deadline, so the deadline becomes ambiguous to some degree. If pen doesn't do an official votecount because there's no real lynch that day then players managing the votecount introduces a different layer of error. I've played in multiple games where a single indivdiual decides the kill instead of a lynch, and they decided to kill whoever had the most votes according to a player run votecount, and it often gets messy. The messiness results in a potential loss of information and in scum potentially being able to skew the results of the day by taking advantage of the chaos.With that said, its not super anti-town or anything, especially if its managed correctly by the town (which isn't a given).

Revenge is hugely positive to town if we lynch a town, we're not punished for it, and it gets back to being neutral. The math doesn't really matter here I'm not sure what you're talking about. Power is better at that anyways and its not that good. Obviously its bad for town if a mafia gets lynched, which is awkward

a vig shot isn't always positive, which is why vigs don't always shoot every night. Revenge forces the town player to take a vig shot which isn't necessarily pro-town, and also runs the possibility of giving the mafia an extra kill, which is always anti-town. Its possible that in some situations it will still end up favouring town but at best its swingy and at worst its two bad outcomes.

prevention seems good for helping town get through a night without losing anyone, I don't really know how to best use a lightning rod though

It can definitely be used to the benefit of the town, especially when more is known about the setup, but its also possible it will only ever be swingy or harmful. With that said, I do think this is one of the more useful abilities to town that you have.

randomize is random, the latter in the game its used, the better for town, up to a point, I think? I was gonna do the math on this but haven't

If you assume its always only going to hit scum shots (which it should if you announce it), then its always pro-town and becomes more pro-town the closer to LyLo we are, becoming the most effective when scum will win by taking their next shot.

I planned on using immobilize immediately after confirming myself to you guys, it interrupts masons (and I think there were lovers that may have had a chat in pirates 2 so that would get hurt too) but the masons can get over it and the wolves are hurt a lot more

in the event that you do live i'd be fine with this. Its the most straight-forward pro-town ability and is probably better used earlier than later.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
also, if I was to quote every person who has voted me today, I think I'd end up with like... 13 people, some of them more than once
to the people who think I'm scum like...
what do you think is going on in wolfchat

are you trying to imply day 1 busses never occur?

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Didn't Funnier claim 3rd party when caught as a red in anime mafia 2?

Like most of us have seen this before. Instead of lynching 3rd party we mislynched like 2 or 3 times first hahahaha aw good times.

I won't like, Min looks to be trying to solve the game and if I voted inactive I'd sheep the Giri vote, but idk if I even really want to. Inactives is protown when you don't have confirmed anti-town, which we do.

Ok i promise I'm setting my phone down. Need to edit some before EoD

Didn't Funnier claim 3rd party when caught as a red in anime mafia 2?

Like most of us have seen this before. Instead of lynching 3rd party we mislynched like 2 or 3 times first hahahaha aw good times.

I won't like, Min looks to be trying to solve the game and if I voted inactive I'd sheep the Giri vote, but idk if I even really want to. Inactives is protown when you don't have confirmed anti-town, which we do.

Ok i promise I'm setting my phone down. Need to edit some before EoD
yeah, but this is obviously different since this setup is closed, where that one was mystery

Ragnarokio

yeah in anime mafia 2 funnier claimed self on day 1 as scum for reasons i still don't understand and was lynched day 2 i think

Ragnarokio

claiming self is a relatively common gambit for scum on the chopping block although in both funnier and sunfan's case they claimed prematurely and i can't really think of another situation where someone claimed self really early while under little or no pressure when they were actually scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom