• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Also the odds of sun flipping red are much lower than most other players in the game, right now.

It's true that this is a good day to lynch him comparatively, though.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Liking Mello being more active these last few pages.

Anyway I need to get out of bed and start my day. Will check in before EoD. Will change vote if I feel there's a case for it, but like SunFan alluded to on FFR you get rid of 3rd party unless you know for sure who a scum is.

I'm at peace with doing that here

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
funner6 - 3 (Morbid Minish, Killjoy, Mellow Ezlo)
The Sun Fan - 6 (ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman, MixMasterLar, Ragnarokio, Johnny Sooshi, Kirino)
Jinjo - 1 (funnier6)
ExLight - 2 (naga10, The Sun Fan)
DekuNut - 1 (Rubik)

Not voting - Jinjo, DekuNut, DawningWinds, Poyzin, Giri

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, June 13th 2020 at 6:00 PM EST.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Also the odds of sun flipping red are much lower than most other players in the game, right now.

It's true that this is a good day to lynch him comparatively, though.

i bet you 3 points sun and lar are both mafia

forcing sun to claim was probably a waste of a claim although i think he probably also claimed too early.

role confirmations in this game are basically also alignment confirmations, so if sun lived until tomorrow and confirmed his role his alignment also would have been confirmed.

I'm fine lynching sun today though.

Unvote, Vote: Sun
lmao

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Ngl, with 18 players and 48 pages at the moment, I can't really be assed to ISO everyone like I usually might for reads lists. Just gonna put my feelings when I see people's names and maybe look back at some stuff.

Before I get into this, I colored people based on just feelings when I saw their names. There's quite a few null (blue on the list), part of them are inactives, but part are null because I'm reevaluating my previous reads on them. Most notably of those are funnier, Kirino, and Johnny who I previously gave scum leans to.

Mellow Ezlo - I think he's had some good insight this game. There was one post that I wasn't a fan of (believe it was the Poy post because it did kinda seem like it led to nothing), but other than that I've liked the rest of his posts. He's been putting in a lot of effort. And tbh, I really townread the post where he complained about the ISO feature being broken for old games. Because it showed he was actually looking at past games, and I have had similar frustrations.
Rubik - This is a slight town read. He seems so passive which I see out of him more as town. He has said a lot without saying much, but none of it sounds like it's really pushing an agenda.
naga10 - Hasn't said much of anything. Has a vote on Ex and left.
Spiritual Mask Salesman - Doesn't have many posts which doesn't look super great for SMS, but I get this game is super active. However, like Tristan I also think it's odd that with over 40 pages of content he only had baseline reads on a few people. Rubik and Ex not even being two of them when I feel like you could say at least something about them at this point. Also his read of funnier was that he doesn't see him being this active and paranoid as scum, but I don't buy that. He was active and paranoid in Anime 2 mafia.
funnier6
- I know I gave reasons for why I wasn't town reading him last night and I stand by those. Still think he's made really odd pushes and hasn't pushed on actual stuff much. But one thing that keeps sticking in the back of my mind and bothering me is him asking Jinjo to change her profile pic (which I don't think she should do). I kinda always see that coming from town funnier. But it's hard for me to give him a town read just based on that so we'll see.
Kirino
- I never really had an explicit scum read on Kirino but I did say that I could maybe place him there based off the one post I talked about before. I feel like he's typically more analytical sounding as town and this time he's just going with the easy votes. Which yeah I get he does like to lynch inactives, but I feel like town Kirino would have a lot more to say about active people being scummy.
Jinjo - Don't really get the flack she got for her response. It didn't seem bad to me at all. I feel like her tone has matched her typical town town. And I really liked that post she made about Rag/funnier. Seemed like she was putting actual effort into finding connections and scum hunting.
DawningWinds - Hasn't said much of anything. Complete null on him.
DekuNut
- I think Tristan made a decent case for him before with the catching up, but talking about waffle house after saying that stuff. I can never read Deku well in the first place and I'm not sure if his activity will get any better.
Poyzin
- Got some flack for tone, but I don't really see it. He was a lot more active and aggressive as scum I feel. But hard to read him with no content.
Ragnarokio - Usually I would say Rag being this active meant she was town but that's changed after recent games. However, I feel like town Rag is way more analytical than she has been this game. I expect longer posts from her making good points. Instead I'm seeing a bit more of her scum play here which is more sporadic. I feel like she's just throwing anything at the wall to see if it sticks and if anyone shows any interest in it she goes for it.
Johnny Sooshi - Wasn't a fan of his earlier post saying sunfan's post was weird but then saying me and Lar overreacted. Because at least we explained why we thought it was weird. Which is better than just saying "Yeah that was weird" and not saying why but then suspecting others for explaining why. However, I feel like he's had some good pro-town posts. Like prodding people to explain their reads (and as I'm writing this I see how ironic that is...so now I'm a little more hmmm again). Basically I'm not sure how to read Johnny at this point. Feel he could go either way.
Killjoy - Has felt like he's genuinely trying to figure things out which is especially hard for a new player in a game this active.
Giri - He hasn't said much of anything at all, but I started thinking and it kinda reminded me of when I was scum with him. He would ask questions about what to post in scumchat or if something sounded fine or whatever. And then would pop in the thread, say something not super relevant, then pop back out. When he's town I feel his posts seem a bit more organic and like he's trying. Not seeing it much here.
The Sun Fan - Claimed 3rd party. I believe him. Don't think sunfan would claim 3rd party if he wasn't and it explains the weird post at the beginning of the game a bit.
ExLight - I get that he's overreacted to a few votes on him and has had some general bad thoughts about the lynch, but that comes much more from town Ex than scum Ex. Town Ex freaks out about everything and thinks he's going to get lynched all the time and then doesn't. He's more calculated as scum and more chaotic as town.
MixMasterLar
- Feeling really good about Lar. I've agreed with a lot of his posts. He had the same thoughts about sunfan's early post and he was at least partially right about it if sunfan is telling the truth. I feel like town Lar would pick up on that out of character post and prod it like he did. His posts have also generally been very pro-town. If he's scum then props because he's doing a great job and has been having the same general thoughts as I have. Either way, I like his push to make people play in pro-town ways and I like that he's making a lot of reads.

Vote: Giri

If ya'll want an inactive vote I feel like this is a good one. Wouldn't be opposed to voting Rag either but I'm not sure if anyone else would be behind that.

Is there a reason pen wouldn't include two third parties from one game? That said, its also possible that there's only one third-party from that pirates game and that its sunfan, whether he's lying and is cult leader or is telling the truth and is dreaming god. Of course, even if he's lying he could be anything, cult leader is just one of the scarier things he could be in the event that he's lying. Regular old scum is also possible.

Anyone who is considering leashing sun should probably also be talking about what they want him to do tonight. The day is almost done. I looked over the list of abilities and most of them are probably harmful or neutral to the town.

here's how i feel about all the powers in the original game. the ones coloured red are unambiguously scum-sided in my eyes. the ones coded green are unambiguously town-sided. The ones yellow depend on game state and setup.

Revenge forces an extra kill into the game which could affect LyLo math in a negative way regardless of whether we hit town or scum. If we hit scum its very bad and if we hit town its beneficial. I think this ability is somewhat scum-sided on average.

Whether prevention is good or not depends on the setup and in particular whether strongmans go through roleblocking or only through immunity (i'd need to doublecheck how it worked here/in pen's games). If the latter is true its almost certainly scumsided though it depends on if there are any strongmen in reality. If the former is true its probably town-sided although it again depends on the specific setup and the timing of the ability. This ability is probably the main justification for leaving sun alive.

Randomize is probably townsided, especially if its announced ahead of time, Its another reason to leave sun alive.

Divide is basically negligible, the only thing it really does is prevent scum from prematurely hammering, but thats already a rare play.

Its hard to pin down exactly how strong immobilize is, but it should certainly do more harm to scum than town.

Although power is scum-sided, if sun is leashed faithfully and kills whoever has the most votes at deadline and a vote count is still carried out, then its impact is negligible.

The other abilities are anti-town enough that lynching sun would probably be justified to prevent them from being used.

duplicate, if used early and I claim it, is neutral, not anti-town
there were 20 players in pirates mafia 2, and even with it getting to final 3, it was only night 9
if an ability is so bad that town never wants me to use it, its possible for me to never use it, and I think this ability (or the one about halving votes) was the one used on night 9 in that game

power is neutral because I still have to listen to what you guys say, and there's not much opportunity for me to use this to guarantee a win for myself or mafia earlier than like f5 or something, so maybe a tiny bit red
I was actually going to use this to prove myself so that you know im not a cult leader, and to remove the threat of me using it later since I can't choose the same word twice in one game, for the people who were asking

restriction is scum-sided, but again, I'd announce using it, but I can't argue this one

Revenge is hugely positive to town if we lynch a town, we're not punished for it, and it gets back to being neutral. The math doesn't really matter here I'm not sure what you're talking about. Power is better at that anyways and its not that good. Obviously its bad for town if a mafia gets lynched, which is awkward

prevention seems good for helping town get through a night without losing anyone, I don't really know how to best use a lightning rod though

randomize is random, the latter in the game its used, the better for town, up to a point, I think? I was gonna do the math on this but haven't

divide stops vote-rushes in lylo, obviously this is good, I'd announce using it which would stop the vote-rush from ever happening but w/e

yeah minimize is scum-sided, or anti-town

I planned on using immobilize immediately after confirming myself to you guys, it interrupts masons (and I think there were lovers that may have had a chat in pirates 2 so that would get hurt too) but the masons can get over it and the wolves are hurt a lot more

postpone robs town of info for half a phase, which is bad. Its the least threatening ability out of the bad ones, I'd say

sorry, that was meant to be me quoting mellow asking me if I had to pick something every night from the list, which I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom