• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
without storm being able to defend himself or even answer any questions there's no point in taking him out right now (plus it's honestly kind of a dick move). Regarding the lynch question, I think my attack proves where i stand :P

Mido

Version 1
Nobody answered my questions earlier, so I'll ask them again.

And I'll probably join you on the turret if I can't see any other options come my lunch break (6 hours from now)

Here's some answers to those questions:

1. Upon a quick skim though the Battleborn Wiki, it seems many a hero has self healing capabilities that are non-correlating to the damage output. If anything, Storm's shadiness may be attributed to the notion that he's holding his cards close and not revealing the true information in this regard.

2. It's been hard to get good reads so far, and my indecisive-crapshoot play in this game isn't helping matters; however, I do have a small theory in light of recent events.

Tristan received a large slice of damage in the most recent exchange. Now, I don't have a truly developed town read of Tristan, but I do think this post was a neat one:

But that's not concrete, and I'd rather not just simply target an inactive. Since it's twilight, I can't actually attack, but I wanna take a look at Doc. This post in particular stood out to me, since it looks like he'd be willing to just kill anybody. Then, of course, at the end of the day, he proved that right with his unexplained attack on Regal. I can see a townie playing this way, but I can also see scum playing this way. Not the greatest evidence of course, but with so few posts in this game, there's not a whole lot to go on yet.

He makes an interesting preliminary case against Doc, putting the fellow under the spotlight. Based on this notion, I wondered at the onset of the damage if Doc, or a teammate of his, decided to put the stop to Tristan in order to prevent his theory from gaining traction. The x factor here is intent. If Doc was indeed scum, would he or his cohort make a potentially obvious move this early in the game, putting the scum team at risk? I don't know. So far, it is the only lead I have, but one with the whole shebang of multiple facets.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Upon a quick skim though the Battleborn Wiki, it seems many a hero has self healing capabilities that are non-correlating to the damage output.
Do any of those characters seem mafia-esque? If so then Storm is probably lying and should be lynched, although at this point in the day I would wait until tomorrow to do so. Again, kind of a dick move to lynch someone who can't defend himself.

He makes an interesting preliminary case against Doc, putting the fellow under the spotlight. Based on this notion, I wondered at the onset of the damage if Doc, or a teammate of his, decided to put the stop to Tristan in order to prevent his theory from gaining traction. The x factor here is intent. If Doc was indeed scum, would he or his cohort make a potentially obvious move this early in the game, putting the scum team at risk? I don't know. So far, it is the only lead I have, but one with the whole shebang of multiple facets.
That would be a decent theory, except that I have a townread on Doc. Plus I don't think scum would be that transparent about their actions.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Thanks for the healz, whoever it was.

I feel like we're getting a little distracted here too with focusing on these abilities too much and less on each other. Its almost the end of Day 2 and we still don't have any solid leads.

I think we can be quite certain that Widowmaker is Mafia. Anyway I'm at work, thought I'd post this much though. Recommended we look back at responses and theories to these attacks to see if something stands out but today just might be Day 1 v2.0.

Mido

Version 1
Do any of those characters seem mafia-esque? If so then Storm is probably lying and should be lynched, although at this point in the day I would wait until tomorrow to do so. Again, kind of a dick move to lynch someone who can't defend himself.

Most notably, Reaper can self-heal, but it is based on damage/death. (Only notable if we are to assume Talon is not our friends, which would be a safe assumption.)
I feel like we're getting a little distracted here too with focusing on these abilities too much and less on each other. Its almost the end of Day 2 and we still don't have any solid leads.

I agree, and I wish I was more confident in my own theory, but I now realize another problem here: my own town read on Tristan needs more meat to it as it is not strong.

Mido

Version 1
What does this mean? the amount of damage dealt = the amount of health gained?

Oops, that came out more confusing than I intended. I was trying to rationalize how it would work in the context of Mafia. As far as the game itself operates, Reaper's self healing comes from kills, in which these orbs are generated for health pickups. It's not a true self-healing mechanic, but since it seems to be exclusive to him, I suppose it counts. With this in mind, Storm's healing appears to operate differently.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman

I don't think I can respond to this without sounding scummy, but Tristan was damaged only recently in the day, when he shifted focus away from myself and directed it towards Storm. I also like to think that I wouldn't target someone because they said I could be scum on day one.

As for Storm's healing ability, I think that there is a good chance that he's town. His actions are definitely a bit scummy, but that may just be him trying to not reveal his character (didn't he get banned from mafia for nameclaiming?). Based on the way the power seems to be working, I don't think he is Reaper (who is probably also scum if Widowmaker is mafia).

Mido

Version 1
I don't think I can respond to this without sounding scummy, but Tristan was damaged only recently in the day, when he shifted focus away from myself and directed it towards Storm. I also like to think that I wouldn't target someone because they said I could be scum on day one.

I honestly don't think your response is scummy. You do have a decent point that by the time Tristan received heavy damage, he was more focused on Storm, which could definitely allow for a red herring scenario to form in framing the latter. If this is true, it would seem unlikely that you would be behind it given what you just said about Storm.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Mido made an interesting point against doc, but his response seems sincere. At this point, I'm not willing to attack neither Doc nor Storm (Storm especially since he's apparently away, though it would've been nice for him to say something).

At this point, I'm feeling inclined to just attack the turret because even if we don't lynch scum today, the turret is a safe lynch because it could prove to be dangerous to us if we keep it standing. Possibly best just to destroy it, especially since we don't know with 100% certainty that it is in fact town aligned.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hey guys. I'm alive.

I read through the whole thread, but... I'm still very confused about Storm and what's going on with him, so I'm actually gonna read back and go through his posts to get a more solid opinion. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you something more substantial.

Although one thing I wanted to say is that... Maybe I missed it or something, but no one seemed to really be bringing up how there was no mafia kill? Were they roleblocked, or does the mafia have some other way of attacking? If the latter is true, I wouldn't be surprised if the attack on Tristan is mafia aligned -- or possibly the turrets, but I'm more inclined to believe that they're town based on the characters that people have been saying they might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom