• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Oot or Tmc First on Timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows how much discussion there is over whether Ocarina of time is first on the timeline or The Minish cap. Although I have not played TMC for more then a few mineuts, I have beaten OOT and have thought about the timeline alot. So with that said and done, lets get started.

I'm not quite sure but I think that Nintendo STATED that OOT was first on the timeline. However it won't be like that for long because Nintendo also stated that Skyward Sword would take it's place in the timeline at Number 1. Anyway, in OOT You get the master sword which as Navi states is "that legendary blade''. I think that Skyward sword will shine some light on the mystery of the master sword and i hope it will end this arguement. If TMC is first on the timeline, where does OOT go? Obviously, OOT goes before TWW because in the end of OOT they trap Ganon in the Twilight realm only to reapeer in Twilight princess. He somehow returns in TWW. OOT wouldn't fit in there if TMC was first because link doesn't have the triforce of courage at the beginning. However, TMC would fit because from what i researched, the triforce of courage doesn't play a huge role in the game. And if Link does have it, then he probobly had it from the beginning.

If you havn't guessed already, I think OOT comes first. But there is one possibilty for TMC to be first but it's a longshot. It would have to mean that Link DOESN'T have the triforce of courage in TMC. I don't know if he does have it or doesn't but if he doesn't, this theory has a chance.

REMEMBER: Link doesn't have the triforce of courage. First is TMC then the foursword games. Next is OOT then MM. Next is TP followed by TWW. After that you can put which games you think go next. Hope this helps.:)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Timeline not complete. I think its SwS then OoT plus MC has the Picori Blade not the Master Sword their is debate that the Master Sword is an upgraded Picori Blade but I don't think so and also you have parallel dimensions theory.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Welcome to ZD.

Yes, Aonuma of Nintendo stated that OoT was first before SS takes that position.
I gather you don't know about the split timeline? This was also explained by both Aonuma and Miyamoto. Link getting sent back in time at the end of OoT created an alternate timeline which continued to TP, while the events on the unaltered timeline following Ganon being sealed in the Sacred Realm leads into WW. TP and WW do not occur one after the other, but in parallel to each other on different timelines.
"OOT wouldn't fit there if TMC was first..." wouldn't fit where? I'm not quite sure what you're saying, and I don't know what the Triforce of Courage has to do with anything.
Link didn't have the ToC in MC. And I'm not sure, but I think I'm getting the impression that you think there's only one Link? The Link in MC is not the same as any Link in any other game.

David

But you called me here...
It could be the Link from Link's Awakening. I'm not saying that he is, but I can't rule it out without evidence.

The Link from Link's Awakening is the Link from A Link to the Past. It is a direct sequel.

And j-pod89 welcome to ZD. Your theory is clever, but you need to look into a few details and some of the other theories here at Zelda Dungeon. Doing this will allow you to create a more detailed theory and will allow others to understand and debate your reasoning. Many of those theories use every single game from the Zelda series. Your theory only uses a few of them and explains some of the confirmed facts from developers and from the games themselves. I'm not bashing on you for this, but you might want to incorporate more of the games and try to expound on your choice of theory using unusual facts from the games.

Ya i heard about that on the curiosity shop. I don't think the picori blade is the master sword either.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There are already several topics like this. Please use the search function to find out if there are any pre-existing threads on a topic before you post a new one.

~Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom