• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Hyrule and the WW Great Sea - Similarities?

T

TheDrunkZora

Did no one honestly read what I posted? I explained the geography. <_<

Flat areas cannot create islands. I don't know why that is commonly discussed?

99% ZeldaExpert

I don't understand your reasoning Djinn. When you are in the TotG quadrant, there is a whirlpool that takes Link and the KoRL down to old Hyrule. I honestly doubt the Hyrule below was specifically placed for Link to test his courage. It makes more sense for it to be the old Hyrule than be a fake Hyrule placed by the gods to test Link.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Another interesting fact is that the Tower of the Gods is directly above Hyrule Castle in WW. What structure do we know from OoT that was tall like that? Ganon's Tower. Perhaps in between OoT and WW people rebuilt Hyrule Castle with the long segment from Ganon's Tower with another purpose - to worship the Gods. Then, there is the question about Lon-Lon Ranch. There are two options for this: Tingle Island and Windfall Island. I think it would be Windfall, as Tingle Island is just way too small. Perhaps its community could have merged with the one from Castle Town.
Ganon's Tower still exists in WW. That's where the final battle takes place. The TotG doesn't seem to have an OoT counterpart. Either it existed beforehand (imo by the Oocca) and wasn't shown in OoT - because it was either unimportant or hidden - or it was created after OoT.
Hadn't thought of Lon-Lon. Oasis? The Termina equivilent was used as a refuge from the coming moon, so the Hyrule version may have served the same function, assuming Din made it a mountain.

Djinn

and Tonic
I don't understand your reasoning Djinn. When you are in the TotG quadrant, there is a whirlpool that takes Link and the KoRL down to old Hyrule. I honestly doubt the Hyrule below was specifically placed for Link to test his courage. It makes more sense for it to be the old Hyrule than be a fake Hyrule placed by the gods to test Link.

No, what I stated was the Tower of the Gods was placed there as a test, not Old Hyrule. The hero who successfully completes the tower was deemed worthy of passing down below to old Hyrule to save it. The King of Red Lions tells you this after the tower rises from the ocean.

This tower, which the pearls of the gods
have caused to appear, is a place that the
gods of the ancient world prepared so that
they might test the courage of men.

Only one who is able to overcome the
trials that await here will be acknowledged
by the gods to be a true hero.

Only then will that hero be permitted to
wield the power to destroy the great evil.

Link, that which you must obtain
now lies before you!

You must believe in your own courage,
which has led you to triumph over the
many hardships you have faced...and you
must triumph once again!

You must rise above the trial of the gods!

After you defeat Godan and find the glowing portal

You have done well, Link.

It would seem the gods have acknowledged
you to be a true hero.

But this does not mean your trials have
ended here...

Once you take your first step into the world
beyond the ring of light you see shimmering
in the waves before you...

Your true trial will begin.

Are you ready, Link?

(go down portal into Hyrule)

You are probably wondering where you are,
aren't you?

Unfortunately, there is not enough time for
me to explain it to you now...

Once you are able to strike down Ganon
with the item you obtain in this castle...

...All will be made clear to you.

Trust in my words! See what awaits you
in the castle!

99% ZeldaExpert

Oh sorry I misread your post, I do agree I do not beleive the Tower of Gods was placed there before the flood because thinking of all the geography it is short to impossible but that brings up another unexplained question as to what someone would think to a giant tower that surely wasn't their before, magically arisen from the depths below.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Did no one honestly read what I posted? I explained the geography. <_<

Flat areas cannot create islands. I don't know why that is commonly discussed?

I'll be the first to address this, as your two comments thus far have set off a time bomb in my conscience. If you actually read the first post, you'd have realized that the locations for all my theories did match up, and I did in fact factor elevation. Still, I cannot imagine the flood being overly devastating since many areas low to the ground have been proven to be islands in Wind Waker (such as te Kokiri Forest and Forest Haven). Plus, while I compared general location, you tended to stray too close to reality. Zelda is not reality. Also, I'd like to take a look at a previous post of yours.

So i've turned the two maps in all sorts of directions in relation to each other, rather than having them both upright like how they're displayed, and still they don't geographically add up. I'm putting populous disputes and my hatred for the acceptance of Zora>Rito bit aside and seriously trying to tie things together geographically. The best I can think of is that there is much more landscape than thought of than is made up of nothing but mountains, because there are only a few high elevations in hyrule. It says that the godesses flooded the place, not changed the landscape contours, so everything is still going to be where it was in the first place.

Anyways here are a few of my takes on this.

The tower of the gods is directly above Hyrule castle. That part is set in stone. The tower itself isn't an island so it wasn't ever a mountain. I almost feel more like Dragoon roost is more the Gerudo fortress. Dragon roost is tall like the gerudo fortress, not widened out like death mountain. Which would make more sense that bomb island is the top of death mountain. Geographically it's in the right amount of distance, and the fact that it is the "bomb" island only gives it more relation to death mountain.

This in turn makes the relation between the forest haven and the lost woods even clearer. Again it is in adequate relation to death mountain and the sunken hyrule's location. Which in turn keeps the Deku tree in the same location. I'm sure the Deku tree could have been replanted in the same relative location, or just been revived.

The rest of the map is covered in clouds and could easily be a ton of more mountains. I'm just clearing the geographical understanding up.

The Gerudo Fortress is Dragon Roost Island? Ilogical. You're the one that talks of location, yet the two are nowhere near each other. And Bomb Island is Death Montian? Bomb Island isn't near as large enough or near the spot on the map. There are not many similarities, including that it doesn't sport a dungeon inside. Also, I'm sure the Deku tree is in the exact same location as before.

I agree with all of your connections, except Lake Hylia = Outset island. One important factor when taking this into account is that Jabun, who is likely to be or at least be a descendant of Jabu-Jabu, feld to Outset island because of Ganondorf. Jabun's original location was Greatfish Isle. However, on the WW and OoT maps, they are on opposite sides. Also, there isn't really a match to Zora's Domain. However, one could say that Zora's Domain is a part of Dragon Roost Island. After all, the Rito evolved from the Zoras, so perhaps they evolved because their habitat was changing as well.

Another interesting fact is that the Tower of the Gods is directly above Hyrule Castle in WW. What structure do we know from OoT that was tall like that? Ganon's Tower. Perhaps in between OoT and WW people rebuilt Hyrule Castle with the long segment from Ganon's Tower with another purpose - to worship the Gods. Then, there is the question about Lon-Lon Ranch. There are two options for this: Tingle Island and Windfall Island. I think it would be Windfall, as Tingle Island is just way too small. Perhaps its community could have merged with the one from Castle Town.

I understand the first part, PT. And I congratulate you for pointing it out. See, Lake Hylia's location in the future seems to be the most shrouded in mystery as there is not much to investigate. I have taken what you said into account, and actually, thiswas one of the things I thought would come up - Jabun.

The second part, I'm afraid, is notas impressive. As many others pointed out, Ganon's Tower from Ocarina of Time is likely Ganon's Tower in Wind Waker. The Tower of the Gods was likely created after the drowning of Hyrule because the three statues of the goddesses (on the islands) did not exist in OoT either. It's safe to say that the whole Tower of the Gods deal was created as a way of testing the chosen hero, but only after Ocarina of Time did it come to be.

So for the most part, I agree strongly with Locke and Djinn.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Speaking of the Tower of the Gods, has anyone noticed it is EXTREMELY similar to the temple of time dungeon in TP? Both have scales, puzzles to do with statues, armos, beemos, etc.

Djinn

and Tonic
Speaking of the Tower of the Gods, has anyone noticed it is EXTREMELY similar to the temple of time dungeon in TP? Both have scales, puzzles to do with statues, armos, beemos, etc.

I have noticed that. But in my experience I have discovered more similarities between objects and places in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess than WW and OoT. The Plateau in the extreme southwest of the Gerudo Desert resembling Outset Island was the first thing that came to my mind. I have been picking up similarities ever since. But I believe that is a subject for another thread.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I have noticed that. But in my experience I have discovered more similarities between objects and places in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess than WW and OoT. The Plateau in the extreme southwest of the Gerudo Desert resembling Outset Island was the first thing that came to my mind. I have been picking up similarities ever since. But I believe that is a subject for another thread.

This is probably because both take approximately 100 years after OoT, so while they might be on opposite sides of the timeline, they might contain similar elements which make up their parts. Let's look at a comparison between the TP map and WW map...

T

TheDrunkZora

@majora'scat (too much to quote)

Turn the Oot Map clockwise 90 degrees. Then look. It is understandable that it is not reality, but saying that this landform suddenly and somehow becomes another means that someone could take any place and match it with another. Don't keep both maps in the same orientation, that's a loss of creativity.

I'm not one to incite flaming, just trying to give input on this. And new dungeons could be created anyway. Old dungeons =/= new dungeons.

No ones said I was right anyways, this is a theory forum. Think outside of the box.

Let us not forget that inside Dragon Roost Cavern, there were carvings of a dragon who looked strikingly similiar to Volvagia. Also, due to the inside of the Cavern being filled with lava and fire, as well as the fact that a ring of smoke surrounds Dragon Roost Island (just like Death Mountain in OoT), it can be safely assumed that Dragon Roost Island's mountain is volcanic, just like Death Mountain is. And, as you pointed out, it is in the exact location Death Mountain was in in Ocarina of Time. Also, the Dragon Roost Cavern music is a remix of the Dodongo Cavern music, furthering the possibility of a connection between the two.

Technically, it's only a theory (although a widespread and popular one at that) but I think that there is enough evidence and support from the fans that the "Death Mountain and Dragon Roost Island are one in the same" theory can be considered a fact. Just because it hasn't been 100% explicitly confirmed by Nintendo doesn't mean that it isn't true.

T

TheDrunkZora

Let us not forget that inside Dragon Roost Cavern, there were carvings of a dragon who looked strikingly similiar to Volvagia. Also, due to the inside of the Cavern being filled with lava and fire, as well as the fact that a ring of smoke surrounds Dragon Roost Island (just like Death Mountain in OoT), it can be safely assumed that Dragon Roost Island's mountain is volcanic, just like Death Mountain is. And, as you pointed out, it is in the exact location Death Mountain was in in Ocarina of Time. Also, the Dragon Roost Cavern music is a remix of the Dodongo Cavern music, furthering the possibility of a connection between the two.

Technically, it's only a theory (although a widespread and popular one at that) but I think that there is enough evidence and support from the fans that the "Death Mountain and Dragon Roost Island are one in the same" theory can be considered a fact. Just because it hasn't been 100% explicitly confirmed by Nintendo doesn't mean that it isn't true.

Well with Loz (entirety of the series) they don't really put a lot of time into interlacing the games. Because they don't release any information on it, there is nothing to verify what is what between games. This is why we have so many different theories and theoretical timelines. It's just fun trying to come up with something. I understood that Dragon Roost was agreeably death mountain, I just like asking the question: well what if it isn't. If you look at things in different ways, you may be able to make more sense of things.

Like this: I know TP wasn't released until years after WW, but what if the islands resemble the TP hyrule map better than the Oot? Just a thought. It's questions like that that make you try more than one thing.

Now that we are on the subject of the Tower of the Gods, has anyone found it odd that when you are down in Hyrule in the Wind Waker, there are NO traces of the Tower whatsoever, yet you specifically see it rise UP, OUT of the ocean. Also, you would probably be able to see it from Hyrule Castle, since it's apparently right below the tower. Apparently there's something mystical about it where it's only visable on the surface or something.

Pinecove

Last Chance

I was merely pointing out that they both may have been created by the Oocca.

And yes you are right that DOES look like outset island. One thing that is interesting about your theory here is that the savage labyrinth seen in TWW would be the same as the cave of ordeals in TP.

Okay this is a great read! You have magnificant theories, and I thought the same thing myself..but I am going to have to say you are wrong about Windfall island... X_X Here is my opinion:

1.) Windfall island has music similar to kakariko village. If it were hyrule castle town. The music would have been a little different, like music similar to the town market. But then again I am also wrong in a way since dragon roost island also plays different music then death mountain. But seriously think about it why? would they use kakariko's theme for windfall island?

2.) Kakariko village is a village of merchants, while windfall island is a town of merchants.
In the adult timeline the merchants from castle town market escape, and move to Kakariko village (I know this cause I just played Oot today.) The twins with the funny expressions, tell you that. ( In the day near the entrance to kakariko village.)

3.) The windmill come on now! the windmill.. there is a windmill on windfall island, there is big similaritys here. Just like my first point.

4.) (I love giving advice...:P) but think about this, hyrule castle is located underneath the tower of the gods.. so if hyrule castle is located underneath the tower of the gods so is the castle town market. It is only logical to think that. But this is only what I think.. I could explain more but I am just giving you a thought.

Sorry for most of my grammar at the moment I had something better than this written..but then something happened to my comp..and I had to retype the whole thing again >.> So I did this kind of half lazy then my normal post...o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom