• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Best Game ever?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Mario RPG is good, but OoT is way much better.. Still i prefer majora's mask and wind waker is good, but not as good as OoT was... WW lacks solid land to explore

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
OoT IS THE BEST ****ING GAME EVR. I AM DEAD SERIOUS. it's was a revolution when it came out for the N64. I've heard stories on how fanboys, like myself will be playing it after about 10 years and still say it is the BOMB:eek:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I still play OoT, still like it, but i think that majora's mask is way much better... Harder dungeons, better storyline, lots of sidequests, the whole mask/change/new powers stuff...~
For some reason i think the masks in MM were the inspiration for the rings in the Oracle series

Hanyou

didn't build that
I firmly believe it's the best game ever created. The sum of its parts--the music, the unique graphical style, the simple but well-crafted story--is of such high quality that it's the videogame equivalent to "Citizen Kane."

Part of the virtue of this game is that it fosters a spirit of adventure, of childlike curiosity and exploration, but also plunges the gamer into an environment of dark desperation later on. This is pivotal. Its characters grow up with the gamer, and it reached me, at least, on a personal level as a result. Not only does it bask in playful minigames, but explores genocide and dictatorship.

The point is, much like the movie Star Wars, it has something for everyone, and its deceptively simple plot masks an accessible and powerful story and game. It's as close to perfect as a game will ever get.

Part of the virtue of this game is that it fosters a spirit of adventure, of childlike curiosity and exploration, but also plunges the gamer into an environment of dark desperation later on. This is pivotal. Its characters grow up with the gamer, and it reached me, at least, on a personal level as a result. Not only does it bask in playful minigames, but explores genocide and dictatorship.

My thoughts exactly. Ever since I first played it, that bliss-like feel of running around Hyrule field for hours, exploring every crevice and alcove in Hyrule.

But it also touched on the darker aspects. It had, like mentioned, the theme of dictatorship and genocide, the woes of destruction and the like.

But what really captivated me was the sense of "shock", that engrossed me during my first play-though. Awaking to a world where nothing is as it seems.
Although it has an cunningly simplistic storyline that could be summed up in a few paragraphs, Ocarina of Time exploits every aspect of a world in shambles. From the bliss of childhood, and finding out your destiny, to fighting for the sake of a kingdom. I would say it is the best video game I have ever played. In fact, to me it doesn't even register as a game, but more of the cliche, "legend".

Hero Of Termina

Sadder than ever
I firmly believe it's the best game ever created. The sum of its parts--the music, the unique graphical style, the simple but well-crafted story--is of such high quality that it's the videogame equivalent to "Citizen Kane."

The point is, much like the movie Star Wars, it has something for everyone, and its deceptively simple plot masks an accessible and powerful story and game. It's as close to perfect as a game will ever get.

I agree with every word you say here. You put my words into short form. OOT II THE #1 GAME IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!

H

HyruleMaster

Oot is the best zelda ever created, but not the best game

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now, if you are comparing Oot to all of the games in the world, then it is certainly not the best.

When you compare it to other games people will choose based on how hard the game was. I personally hated Oot for it's constant challenge. Though asking if it is the best will only get you answers based on opinions.

So if you ask me, Oot is not the best game ever.

P

pahurtgen

I heard that the Ocarina of Time: Master Quest was a harder version of the game, but have anyone of you played it? That might raise the bar on the difficultly a little bit, don't you think?

I heard that the Ocarina of Time: Master Quest was a harder version of the game, but have anyone of you played it? That might raise the bar on the difficultly a little bit, don't you think?

I've played Master Quest, and it was a bit harder in certain parts, like the Fire and Spirit Temples. However, overall I didn't notice that much of a difference other than increased enemies in certain areas, or extra challenges in certain temples.
Overall, Master Quest was a good challenge, but I don't think that it was that much better than the original Ocarina of Time. Personally, I prefer the original.

There's also a thread about this here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom