• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Old Boss You Want to See Back

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Since Dark Link has been mentioned...

I'd like to see him not as *a* boss, but as *the* boss - as in, at the end of the game, you don't bring down Ganon, or Bellum, or Malladus, or Vaati... you get Dark Link. Instead of it being Adventure of Link all over again, the storyline and context should be different, and it should be in a 3D game with full render so he can be creepy like the Dark Links in the vision in Twilight Princess. There should be some kind of story setup whereby the Hero must face down his dark half - all of the darkness in his soul has become the Dark Link, who, in a flipside of Link's amazing strength and heroism, will destroy the world rather than save it. It would be absolutely epic if the Dark Link had all of Link's weapons and skills at that point (adjusted for the player, so minimalist runners get a minimalist version, fully-geared players get a fully-geared version).

I'd like to see a reimagining of Dark Link. Instead of being a dark reflection that simply fights the hero, it might be interesting to see it/him as an actual antithesis with goals and desires etc. It could exist outside of whatever temple it is first encountered in. Maybe DL could be the one to use Aquamentus as a mount.

Link could beat Aquamentus early on and DL could find it, heal it and come back on it with a a vengeance and then go up against Link/Epona in an epic mounted battle.

Maybe Dark Link could find a way to extract Demise's sword from the Master Sword. THAT would be pretty bad ***.

Then, as a reflection of Link, he would be just as worthy of the Triforce of Power and there could be battles throughout the game for whatever objects are needed to get it/access it

Fig

The Altruist
Keep in mind that the OP is not stating that only old bosses should be in the new game(s), but rather what old bosses would you like to see in a future installment in the Zelda franchise. It's practically a given that we will always get new bosses with each game. With that said, there are many bosses that I enjoyed from the classic Zelda games, but because there are so many bosses to choose or rather discuss about, I'm going to split my posts between each game and discuss why I would like to see certain bosses from each game. These are the following bosses that I would like to see return in a future Zelda title from the original Legend of Zelda:

From The Legend of Zelda:
  • Aquamentus - The very first boss of the entire Zelda franchise. Aquamentus should return eventually as it has only appeared in the original Legend of Zelda and Oracle of Seasons (this is the case for most bosses in the original Legend of Zelda). I think implementing Aquamentus as a boss again would be rather interesting and appeal to the fans who enjoy the classic Zelda bosses and/or aspects and even make it so Aquamentus because a boss a second time but stronger in the next battle against him (because in the original Legend of Zelda, it took the same amount of hit to take him down and by that point you have already been powered up to kill him in less than a second) to give that "old school" vibe as a player battles against him. It would also be the perfect time to see an updated appearance of the franchise's first boss in a newer title.
  • Dodongo - While Dodongo has been given the chance to appear in numerous Zelda titles, the last appearance that it appeared was in Twilight Princess. I also love the thought that in order to take down a Dodongo, you have to place a bomb in its path in order to beat it. Beating bosses in a unique way was why I loved Dodongo in the first place. I love the Dodongo species as a while and this would be the boss that I would like the most to see return in a future Zelda title. Granted the Dodongo has been a common enemy in several games, but it would still be great to see a "King Dodongo" variant for Dodongo to be a boss.
  • Manhandla - Much like Dodongo, I love battling against the Manhandla and is a boss that you really have to be careful with as for every claw you destroy, the Manhandla will have less weight and increase its speed. Back when Four Swords Adventures was out, I always had difficulty in taking down Manhandla and thus sparked my "rivalry" with the boss in the first place. Manhandla is the boss that I believe changed how a player battles against a boss because you can't just charge in and thrust your sword at each claw. Due to the Manhandla increasing its speed when a claw is destroyed, you have to strategize exactly when to hit and also avoid its movement as the Manhandla also doesn't have a set path or movement programmed to itself. It would really be great see this specific boss return after a full decade since its last appearance.
  • Gohma - Anyone who grew up with either the original Legend of Zelda or Ocarina of Time knows Gohma. Gohma is a reoccurring boss in the franchise and also arguably one of the most iconic bosses in Zelda. Gohma's design is very unique in that its weakspot is only found in its eye. Yes, there are many enemies that have a weakspot in order to deal damage to the boss, but something about attacking Gohma's eye feels so good and amazing when you do so. The last time we got to battle against Gohma was back in Twilight Princess. Even in the Tech Demo back in E3 2012 showed us a glimpse of what looked like a boss battle against Gohma from Twilight Princess looks like and it was breathtaking to witness. I think it is time for Gohma to make its return in the latest Zelda title that will be released.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Maybe Dark Link could find a way to extract Demise's sword from the Master Sword. THAT would be pretty bad ***.

Then, as a reflection of Link, he would be just as worthy of the Triforce of Power and there could be battles throughout the game for whatever objects are needed to get it/access it

D: That would be so freaking awesome

Salem

SICK
I know a lot of you mentioned Bosses from the original LoZ, so I agree, I want to some of those guys in 3D. :)

Oh, I would definitely want to see Dark Link again in a much more involved role. There is so much untapped potential there

Maybe with Dark Link as the Main Villain, where he starts trying to assimilate and erase Link completely and the game can start out kinda like Deja Vu where Link committed a horrible crime under DL's influence that he didn't remember and he has to battle DL's urgings to take over AND find a cure! OMGS that'd be so cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom