• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

October Giveaway Contest: Favorite Zelda Quote

"All the tragedy that has befallen Hyrule was my doing... I was so young...I could not comprehend the consequences of trying to control the Sacred Realm."

-Zelda
Ocarina of Time

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
No doubt, this poetic gem:

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water’s surface reflects growth. Now... listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself..."- Sheik, Ocarina of Time.

Suprisingly enough, my favourite quote is "Master Link" from Fi... Mostly cus I can't stop remembering her saying "maari madas" in the audio. Other than that, cus IDK if you can say that one counts, I guess... "You have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" mostly cus it really sets the tone for me. I reckon there are a lot of people who would agree with me on that one xD

"Your ears will bleed from the sounds of your own screams!" - Ghirahim to Link in Skyward Sword.

I loved this line. It made Ghirahim one of my favorite villains. He's so light and sarcastic, but yet has an extremely sadistic side. It brought that character to another level to me.

The flow of time is always cruel... It's speed different for each person, but no one can change it - Sheik (Ocarina of Time)

This is a favourite quote of mine in general not just from the Legend of Zelda, and a very true one.

"I have been waiting for you, boy. For you... Yes... For the hero. Do not betray my expectations." - Ganondorf, The Wind Waker

I always loved how this quote set the feeling for the upcoming battle. This man has battled the Hero of Time, one many hold as the best hero. One people prayed for the return of when darkness returned. And now even he recognizes you as a hero, comparable to him.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth... Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself....
Sheik, Ocarina of Time.

Hey guys Kevin from Syracuse pardon my copy and paste but this is my favorite quote from sheik and I remember it because when OoT cam out I was too young to read and my great grandma used to be my Zelda voice actor but it goes like this.
"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger through time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you'll know which way to go..."

I been listening to the podcast since the beginning, thanks for sharing the same passion for whatsome consider just a game

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Throughout the month of October we will be holding a Forum Giveaway contest with some awesome prizes. Listed below are the eligibility requirements as well as the prizes that you can win. For newly registered members we have Guaranteed Prizes that you will win if you complete the necessary tasks. We also have a larger prize for new members as well as a grand prize that all members can win.

NOTE: If you live outside of North America, no worries. We can ship worldwide.

Guaranteed Prize Requirements (for new members only)
  1. New members must register at the forums.
  2. Make a post in this thread, listing your favorite Legend of Zelda quote.
  3. Have a post count of at least 50 total forum posts by the end of the month.*
  4. Upon completion send a private message to me and I will review your account.

Raffle Prize Requirements (for new and current members)
  1. Large Prize (Listed below). For all new members that win a guaranteed prize, they will also be entered into a raffle and one winner will be drawn.
  2. Grand Prize (Listed Below). For both new and current members. Users will need to make a total of 100 forum posts during the month of October.* Current members must also make a post in this thread. All users that reach this threshold will be entered into a raffle for the grand prize.
Prizes
  • Guaranteed Prize - Link Plush Doll
  • Larger Prize - Zelda Manga Box Set, Replica Hylian Shield, or a Game of your choice ($60)
  • Grand Prize - Ganondorf First 4 Figures Statue

*Some sections of the forums do not contribute to your post count, including the Forum Word Games and other sections. Additionally, while we want to encourage activity, we want quality activity. Our moderation team will be reviewing user posts to assure there is a degree of effort put into them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post your favorite Zelda quote. It could be a funny quote or just one you really liked.

"May the way of the hero lead to the Triforce."
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prizes

horizontal_17.jpg

107356b.jpg
My favourite quote is "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" from Majora's Mask.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
My favorite quote...

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely a short time... That is up to you."
-Happy Mask
Salesman

Magnann, I was thinking the exact same :) And for the giveaway itself, the statue, quite appropriate even. But I give you Midna's:

'Some call our realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound so unpleasant... The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world. Bathed in that light, all the people were pure and gentle... But things changed once that foul power pervaded the world...'

Midna is the archetypical puckish, tomboyish, self-assured girl - projecting an outward sense of smugness and cheekiness, but as tends to be the case with such people, harbouring an inner conflict...a sadness, a yearning. This what the moment she bared that to us. This, and the fact that she is referring to the Twilight Realm - symbolic of liminality, of being at both sides of a threshold - as a serene, beautiful space to be in.

I try to live my life as a receptive, open-minded person who can see an feel comfortable with both sides of an argument, issue, situation - it's helped to remain well-rounded and to keep perspective in life..to be able to separate what something may seem to be on the outside, and what it truly is within.

Zelda, people...such beautiful, timeless, relevant themes :) Raise your kids on Zelda! hehe

One that always makes me sad when I play MM is this one...

"I beg you! Bring me back to life with your magic! If it is beyond your power, then I beg of you to do this for me instead... Heal my sorrows. Any way that you can do it will suffice... Please...heal my sorrows."~ Darmani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom