• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Octoball Need Help !

I'm having trouble playing the octoball mini game for my last heart . I can only really get like 70 points I did 90 by fulk . I'm have a big issue aiming any tips or advice ?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It took me FOREVER to get that last heart piece. The only advice i can give you is
1. Practice aiming a lot with your stance and timing of the swing
2. Make sure you hit the birds when they fly by, they are crucial

What the exact timing for the swing ? I've notice that the ball go left and right based on how soon you hit it . But where to the left and right it gos seems random but I know it not . What do I need to improve to get it to go the the exact spot I want it to ?

Night Owl

~Momentai
The secret is in the timing. To hit the right side of the field you swing earlier and later to hit the left side of the field.
Lean back to fit the far targets and lean forward to bunt the ball into the close targets.

The secret to winning is to nail three pots in a row then hit the bird that flies in; that is the only way to score 100+rupees consistently.
Just ignore the golden pots, and aim for hitting birds.

Hit the crab if you need to reset the pots. And never hit the pitching machine unless you can handle a fast ball.
(finding your lucky bat helps too ;))
Hope this helps. ^^

All you need to work on is practicing your timing.
With practice you can pick a pot and nail it on the first try.

Hitting birds is probably the only thing that the ball will go out of it's way to hit; you just need to be within a few degrees of it to hit it.

Last edited:
This does help thank you . Did you have any trouble angling the bat in the right spot ? Did you find the game was a bite picky ? Also what counts as early and what counts as late?

Hope this helps. ^^

All you need to work on is practicing your timing.
With practice you can pick a pot and nail it on the first try.

Hitting birds is probably the only thing that the ball will go out of it's way to hit; you just need to be within a few degrees of it to hit it.

Thanks for your help it was very use full ! And I was finally able to beat it very easy this time . So now my file is 100 percent complete so high five !

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's all about timing really: hit the ball early to aim towards the right and vice versa. Just familiarise yourself with that and you should master the timing which will greatly help.

I got the gist of this game pretty quickly, but here's the tactic that I used: Aim for the gold pots; leave the others. This is because they are worth 5 Rupees and when you hit one another will respawn. You can theoretically get 100 by just hitting the gold pots; however, that would require a lot of accuracy. So the real trick is to hit the birds. If i recall, 2-3 pass each time. So if you hit all of them then chances are that you'll reach 100 mark. Good luck!

Edit:
Oh just realised that you've already done it, lol. Anyway, this tip can just be used for anyone else who is struggling ;p

It's all about timing really: hit the ball early to aim towards the right and vice versa. Just familiarise yourself with that and you should master the timing which will greatly help.

I got the gist of this game pretty quickly, but here's the tactic that I used: Aim for the gold pots; leave the others. This is because they are worth 5 Rupees and when you hit one another will respawn. You can theoretically get 100 by just hitting the gold pots; however, that would require a lot of accuracy. So the real trick is to hit the birds. If i recall, 2-3 pass each time. So if you hit all of them then chances are that you'll reach 100 mark. Good luck!

Edit:
Oh just realised that you've already done it, lol. Anyway, this tip can just be used for anyone else who is struggling ;p

Hey thanks any ways . Like you said I'm sure SOMEONE later will need help so now they will have it . :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom