• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Octorock B-Ball Minigame Easter Egg.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Normally when you play octorock b-ball you use the generic stick, However, there is a way to use your rod-type items instead.

If you have one of the rod-type items equipped to your "X" button, you will use it as a bat instead of the stick.
I discovered it when I played and noticed that I was using my fire rod instead of the stick, so I swapped rods and saw that it switched to my new rod.
It does not work if the rod is equipped to "y", and it may or may not work with rented or not upgraded rods. (mine were all upgraded when I discovered it)

I doubt this changes the actual mechanics of the game, aside from the sound when the ball hits the bat; but it is a cool secret nonetheless.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I never noticed this before. Btw getting the heart piece by getting 100 points was hard as hell took me forever

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like Nocturnal Owl stated, it works with rented/owned rods. I, however, have not given the minigame a chance. Beyond the fact that this is about the EASTER EGG, can someone give me some tips and hints? I tried the thing out once and absolutely hated it because I found no way to aim my swings besides up and down. :/

Night Owl

~Momentai
Ventus the secret is in the timing. To hit the right side of the field you swing earlier and later to hit the left side of the field.
Lean back to fit the far targets and lean forward to bunt the ball into the close targets.

The secret to winning is to nail three pots in a row then hit the bird that flies in; that is the only way to score 100+rupees consistently.
Just ignore the golden pots, and aim for hitting birds.

Hit the crab if you need to reset the pots. And never hit the pitching machine unless you can handle a fast ball.
(finding your lucky bat helps too ;))

I haven't noticed that yet. Cool little Easter egg. Really sad it has a heart piece to get. That mini game was difficult for me.:(

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I have been getting frustrated with this Octo-ball. I played it for probably an hour last night, getting 90 some rupees every time, I only have 8 pieces of heart left too!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Me too. I am stuck at 84. I know how it works and how to hit them but sometimes those idiotic birds are missed because then my swing is so far off I like to aim it at myself as punishment :P

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
After you hit three targets (can't remember if its in a row, or just 3), you get a bird. Hit the flying bird, get 20 rupees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom