• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
OoT or MM....hard to pick. But if I am forced to pick.....I'll choose Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask was one of the games that instills Fear and concentration in the entire Zelda series. You have just 3 days and two nights to save the town from being crushed by the moon. The fear and angst generated from seeing or from stopping the moon generates a feeling of responsibility to the player(You or Me, you get the idea) so he can prevent it. That feeling is unique to a Zelda game and I loved it. You had to concentrate on saving and focusing on your track, and to not waste anytime at all, this is a game where every hour, minute and second counts.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
This is a close little race.
Well I voted for MM.
Not going to go into detail for my choice as it will never be read, but I think it just about pips it above OoT for me.

S

Slambofett

Well I have problems with MM and not for the Time system but for some of the little things that just annoyed me. Also I liked the story progression of OoT.

Ocarina of time is better.

I personally think Majora's Mask has the better story but it also has some major annoyances such as having to parts of the game again, the time limit that frustrated in the dungeons, the saving system and, most importantly, the fact that you lose all your stuff if you go back to day one. The fact that there's just four dungeons can't really be compensated with the bigger focus on side-quests.

And Ocarina is just a very significant game in the history of 3D gaming.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Majora's Mask hands down. This might have been different had I played OoT first, but I didn't. I played MM first. In case you don't know anything about me, I've made it clear that MM is is my favorite game of all time.
1. Because it's Zelda.
2. Because you can play through the whole game without losing your data
3. I loved the side quests in that game, and the challenge to get all the masks.
and 4. I loved being in control. The storyline completely depends on whether you do something or not. And because you can rewind time, you don't have to do everything everytime. (plus it's impossible to do so.)

Now like I said this could be due to the fact that this was my first Zelda game. While I was playing this, my brother kept telling me stories about the "legendary" OoT. It wasn't for a while, though, that I was able to play it. By then, the game had been incredibly hyped up for me, and I had certain expectations for it due to MM that weren't met.

Now I'm not saying OoT wasn't a good game, such a thing would be blasphemous, but I definitely prefer MM.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
to me the games aren't really comparable. they both have aspects that make them each a great game. plus they are from the same console so there is no retro vs new school arguement they come from the same era. although if you want to be technical I suppose MM had some slight graphical improvements. But all in all they are pretty much on par so in my book it could go either way. I must have voted b4 and not posted because i cant vote again and I don't remember what I had voted for in the first place so i guess it doesnt matter.

Epona

Ordon Village
In my opinion, Ocarina of Time is my favorite, but I haven't played Majora's Mask in its entirety. I have seen walkthroughs of it, but I just love Ocarina of Time.

I prefer MM. I like the side quests and the option to either complete the story or just complete random quests.

I prefer Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time, because I had more fun while playing. And the Stone Tower Temple beats the Water Temple in pure awesomeness.

W

wienerroast

I think i would be going with MM on this one.

I find a lot more character development in MM. I enjoy that they have more info on skull kid then they did on Gannon. All we really know about Gannon is that he's supposedly evil and what he is doing. In MM, its easy to see that skull kid just felt lonely because his only friends left. This lead to him becoming more corrupt and stealing the mask anyways. MM also goes over other characters more the OOT does. In OOT, most of the everyday NPC are there just to tell you something to to buy stuff from. In MM, one would hear about NPC'c woes, troubles and personal life. One would even try to help them and recieve an award. I also find MM more origonal. Im not saying that the Gannon story line isnt cool, but too much of a good thing gets boring. MM really went away from the usual. I personally loved the mask. They added a whole new thing in the game to try to collect and enjoy afterwards. In addition, I find the entertainment in MM to be a lot more "mixed" then in OOT. I like to compare these games to playing cards. OOT is basicly play go fish the whole game. Sure you might change the rules a bit and change the cards to a different set but you are still just playing go fish. MM is like playing go fish and then switching to poker while still changing the rules and the cards.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would say OoT is better. Dungeons are one thing that makes Zelda Zelda. There were only 4 main dungeons and 3 ridiculously easy mini-dungeons in MM. In OoT, on the other hand, there were 8 main dungeons and 4 mini-dungeons. MM didn't really improve upon the graphics, and they didn't change the Magical Arrows. They kept taking away magic when you didn't even fire the arrow. So annoying. OoT also had a much better story, and I also like Hyrule Field from OoT much more than Termina Field from MM. So basically, I like OoT more, and it is my second favorite Zelda title.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Ocarina of Time FTW duh! More dungeons,better sidequests, (IMO) and is just better!!

OoT had better sidequests? Can you please explain this to me..? It's almost universally known that MM has the most (and best) sidequests. Most of them were emotional or very deep. I guess it's your opinion but I HIGHLY disagree with you. Have you done the Anju and Kafei quest? It's so sad. After finally reuniting the couple after a sidequest that takes up the whole 3 days, you realize that their destiny is to be destroyed by the moon. :( Most of the sidequests synchronized well with time and other events and you could even alter the events of time with your actions.

OoT's 3 biggest sidequests were the biggoron sword trading sequence, the mask trading sequence, and the golden skulltula collecting. Obviously, neither made me feel happy, sad or excited. They were all just very flat and uninteresting. I just did them to be able to say that I completed 100% (which I still haven't done) The biggoron sword trade was extremely repetitive and linear. Nothing exciting there.. The mask trading was boring since none of the masks did anything and your reward was practically useless. It was just as repetitive as the Biggoron Sword one. The Skultula collecting was near impossible to figure out without a guide and just like the mask trading, the final reward was so tiny compared to what you had to go through to get it.

I know that's just your opinion and I can respect that but I just wanted to post what I thought. :D ..And for the record, I like MM better for so many reasons but I don't want to get into that since I've posted that so many times before and this post is already getting pretty long..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom