• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Oath to Order Redone.

B

bulletflu

Hey. I have gone through every Zelda except Spirit Tracks and Majora's Mask and I am finally getting through Majora's Mask now. Coincidentally this site just happened to be doing a lot of Majora's Mask stuff and it's been a great resource to me (thanks for the soundtrack too)!

When I heard the songs Giant's Song/Oath to Order I loved them and messed around with them a little bit. I thought it probably would not be inappropriate to share it here and hopefully I'm not wrong. Anyway not trying to plug myself really...! Just wanting to add to the month a little bit. If you have any interest, listen.

http://soundcloud.com/bulletflu/chikai-no-gourei

B

bulletflu

Thanks very much. No maybe there was an error or bad timing because there wasn't even one view until I just made that comment now...

Anyway very pleased to have any positive reception. At first I wanted to rewrite the music from Majora's Mask a bit and put it together with MF DOOM to make "MM DOOM" but I don't really know how to go about doing that. I am working on Astral Observatory and Song of Double Time now, so. Thanks!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
That was a really AWESOME SONG!!!!! I never really thought about remixing a zelda tune, but now that I've heard a remix of one I want to do one myself! How'd you do it?

B

bulletflu

I made this with this program called Ableton. It has taken a while to get used to but it is great, I have been using it for maybe half a year. Depending on the package you get it has instruments with it, some are good, some are way too "when in the world would I ever use this outside of making a joke song". But I looked for good vsts (instruments it can use) on other sites a bit and really like this one called Edirol Orchestral and DSK ChoirZ (dumb name but great). The drums have to be found on .wav samples in drum packs or whatever I've found here and there.

I'm glad that the song has received good comments, thank you.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
This sounds awesome. Oath to Order is one of my favorite songs on MM and I liked how you remixed it. This is going on my list of song to listen to while I'm online. :)

It sounds very nice. I can tell a lot of hard work was put into this. It's different enough to be your own, yet it that same wonderful Zelda tune we all love. I look forward to hearing your other work and I am sure it will sound great as well, and good luck on your playthrough of Majora's Mask. I would also like to welcome you to the forums. I think you will have fun here.
Gosh darn it. If only I hadn't double posted. Please forgive me, internet.
If you edit your double post, and click advanced, there is an option to delete it.
Ur gettin some Reps very soon from me.

That was better than Remixes I've heard on Youtube.
Its a good thing to take advantage of the reputation system, but reps are supposed to be anonymous.

B

bulletflu

Thanks very much. Bradley I love your comment about making it my own and yet it still being what it is. I love to do covers on guitar too and that is usually just how I feel. Also thank you for your welcome.

To whom it may concern: this is what I did with Astral Observatory:

http://soundcloud.com/bulletflu/tenmondai

I don't have enough confidence to give it it's own thread! I'm somewhat happy with it but I think people might be repulsed by the mix, which I have almost no idea how to do.

I spent too much time on it. I want to finish another song or two during Majora's Mask month! Also I'm going to clear the Zora dungeon tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom