• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo 3DS Questions and Answers Thread

I open this thread for those who own a 3DS and have questions about the system you want to ask and for fellow ZD members to answer them. To begin, I will ask my own question. I bought a 3DS a month ago. I tend to play lying on my back in my bed. When I do so, the top lid where the widescreen is placed tends to bend just a little bit. This used to happen to my Nintendo DSLite, but not to my Nintendo DSi. I have noticed that the lid in the 3DS is rather heavy compared to other handhelds. So I was wondering if this is normal. The 3DS wont close or anything of the like but it bends just a little bit to the inside. It is practically unnoticeable but I am curious to know if this is normal or if it is just my console. I hope anyone here answers me and for others who have any other questions related to the system to feel free to ask.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Yes it's normal. The equipment to run the 3D is a bit heavier than your normal screen. It takes a fair bit of space. Buying a complete case to put the 3DS in will give it some more rigidity so it doesn't bend in so much. Which will actually help lengthen its lifespan so that the hinges son't wear out so fast.

B

bekla21

My D-pad seems to be really loose... If I hold the 3ds upside down it looks like its falling out.........Does this mean it's broken?

Also, the hinge on the left side is quite loose.....any way to fix that? :(

C

Cardkeeper

I have been out of the gaming loop lately due to my lack of mula. Now I'm thinking of buying a 3DS, but i have a few questions. My friend said the 3D effect makes your eyes burn if you ply it for more than like, half an hour and that unless you look directly at the screen, you can get nautious. Is this true? Also, does it have the slot to play GBA games?

It only hurts your eyes for the very first half hour. And thats only some people, i dont have any problems with my eyes. It doesnt play GBA games.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
My D-pad seems to be really loose... If I hold the 3ds upside down it looks like its falling out.........Does this mean it's broken?

Also, the hinge on the left side is quite loose.....any way to fix that? :(
Well I'm pretty sure that's how the d-pad is supposed to be. I think what's on the surface is just a loose cover.

The hinge, that happens. One way to get around that is to get a complete cover for it. There are aluminum cases or crystal cases. The crystal cases are better. They'll give it more rigidity and tighten up the hinges.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I have a question of my own: How likely would you say are the crashes to happen?
Crashes? You mean where the 3DS makes some weird sounds and then locks up? If that's what you mean, the first update was supposed to fix that. However some people still got them after that. They should be uncommon now, but if you still get them, they ought to go away in the next couple updates. They've improved it each time. And there's been three updates so far. Each one makes them less likely to happen.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well, to be more specific, I've heard news mentining the supposed "blue screen of death" which just means a simple reset is needed. It sounds like a bummer.

Also, I've heard a recent update makes Ridge Racer crash, and it could very well happen with other games.
It's a black screen of death actually, in this case. It was present in the original version of the 3DS. It's a bug in the system. It was discovered by Japanese players before the system was even out anywhere else. The first update was supposed to fix it. It mostly did. But some people still reported seeing it.
The problem with Ridge Racer 3D was from the eShop update. And Nintendo knew about it before releasing the update. The update said there would be a patch for it soon after, and there was. There was a patch fixing it a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom