• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Skyward Sword Info from Nintendo Power

I'm not positive if this was posted already but,

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=163994

Ok, so this info comes directly from the new issue of Nintendo Power.

A few details I found interesting include:

1. Ganon will not appear in the game.

2. Zelda grows throughout the story.

3. The Sky World is big and not a just a small hub.

Thoughts? Opinions? What did you think of the article?

Well, I already knew #1 and #3, but #2 was a bit of a curveball. What do you mean she "grows"? I didn't find anything like that in the summary.

Sorry, I should have interpreted that better. Here's a quote from the interview:

"...But at the same time as you venture deeper into the story, you find a different side to her. She’s this sweet childhood friend you have in the beginning, but as the story progresses and the gravity of the situation increases, she becomes someone who has a different side to her–someone who’s willing to face the tremendous fate that’s been placed on her shoulders. So that’s something we tried to incorporate into the design of who she is."

I think it means she will undergo some character development as the story continues.

Saying that the Sky world is going to be big is pretty vague. Even if it's bigger than TP Hyrule, it may feel pretty small (considering the Loftbird flight speed) and they could call it "big". For me, to call it big this must be at least the size of 1/4 of WW Great Sea.

-No Ganon.
-No proper Triforce.
-No proper Princess.
-A more deep and involved Zelda.

Sounds good to me. =) They are breaking that rigid narrative template by removing this "obligatory" elements, and we can't even call it "take risks" it's just the right thing to do. A series must keep some elements along it's entries, but keep ALL elements every time is stupid.

Later this month we'll get more info from this interview, nice!

- game is in the final stages: I thought it was more than finished.

- Miyamoto working on the final touches: :yes:

- localization going to be underway soon: Yep. Yep.

- worked hard to increase the variety and richness of the gameplay over the last year: Cool, I'm glad to hear this!

- story is centered on the creation of the Master Sword: ...confirmed ...confirmed.

- Link sort-of forges it along the way: Told 'ya JJ! :P

- Link and Zelda are great childhood friends in Skyloft: :yes:

- Link must hunt down Zelda to save her from the land below Skyloft, which one one has visited before: What...

- Zelda is in no way a princess in the traditional sense: ...interesting.

- Zelda is both sweet but has another strong side to her: This incarnation of Zelda's going to be cool.

- Link will use Zelda's harp to find something important: Location songs?

- playing the harp involves strums and the MotionPlus, and is based on the rhythm of strumming: Can't wait to see how it works.

- quite a few fully orchestrated songs, but not all: So all of them won't be orchestrated as previously though; not a bad thing, in my opinion.

- the design choice with Lord Ghirahim was to make a villain opposite the style of Ganon: I knew it!!!

- there most likely is not a relationship between Ghirahim and Vaati: Derrr...

- Skyward Sword comes before Ocarina of Time: Affirmative soldier.

- the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story: ...muy interesante.

- Ganon will not appear in the game: ...confirmed ...confirmed.

- the guys at the bird race are part of a knight academy that Link is a part of: knight academy?! :cool:

- these knights oversee the school, and [the people are] also his classmates: Sky knights?! The founding of the Knights of Hyrule?!

- there's also a vast world above the clouds as well–little islands floating in the sky all over the place: ...confirmed. ...confirmed.

- these places feature events and scenarios that play out: Probably knight training mission.

- the bird is used for travel and racing: ...and fighting?

Now I'm very excited about the rest of this interview. Aonuma is giving straight answers on everything that he's asked. I hope they make questions on the existence of another towns, and exactly how the world bellow connect together.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
- the bird is used for travel and racing: ...and fighting?

Fighting? This has been gone over in threads before. Combat like that in Twilight Princess on Epona isn't possible, as we're using the Wii Motion Plus to fly the bird, and the B-button is used to slow the bird down. It could be that we'll have some kind of rendezvous with Link's "rival" in the sky at times, but nothing like real combat while flying.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
You know what's good, Nintendo Power takes a few weeks to ship so this interview is a few weeks old and that means we might get a release date sooner because he said "localization going to be underway soon:" and that was from a few weeks ago.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yaya! I find it easier to wait with all this info, instead of the horrific torture Nintendo put us through between E3 2010, and E3 2011. It's going to be a little odd to not be waiting anymore when the game is released, I guess I got used to waiting and theorizing...

Fighting? This has been gone over in threads before. Combat like that in Twilight Princess on Epona isn't possible, as we're using the Wii Motion Plus to fly the bird, and the B-button is used to slow the bird down. It could be that we'll have some kind of rendezvous with Link's "rival" in the sky at times, but nothing like real combat while flying.

As we've discussed in the thread, any kind of air combat can't be discard, there're some possibilities, it doesn't necessarily need to (and won't) be sword fighting. Some bombing gameplay just like in the beetle is a given ;). So...yes. And I imagine thinks like destroy enemy's balloons by flying through it.

JJ, I know... I was just saying that after reading the revelation that Link would be attending a school for knights. I was thinking something along the lines of the Loftbirds operating similar to a knight's "stead" (which is usually a horse). I know how difficult it'd be to use sword combat while bird riding (with the new motion control scheme and all), hence...
Simply put, multitasking - using a sword, an arrow, or what have you - with the new motion controls for flight, which are confirmed to be nigh identical to those of Wii Sports Resort, would prove quite difficult to perform, if not totally IMPOSSIBLE.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yaya! I find it easier to wait with all this info, instead of the horrific torture Nintendo put us through between E3 2010, and E3 2011. It's going to be a little odd to not be waiting anymore when the game is released, I guess I got used to waiting and theorizing...
Well there will always be wii U zelda to wait for and theorising about and probably you will be enjoying skyward sword so much you will not get cravings for the next title for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom