• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Music or Old Music

Old Music or New?

• New

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

Twilight_Link10

Seriously old 80s rock is the best ever one today thinks that rock is like the Gayness Brothers (Jonas Brothers) and Lady Ga Ga!!! Rock is Led Zeplin
Pearl Jam Queen Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden not the crappy Gayness Brothers the only new age music is Owl City

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
There was bad music then, there is bad music now. No big deal
Exactly. Plus, everyone has different tastes. I know someone who hates old music. I also know people that hate new music.
With me and old music, there are some REALLY popular bands that I simply do not like. Now, with new music, I mainly only like the rock and alternative genres, but I do think there are some really good pop songs, as well as good songs in other genres.
To me it almost seems like some people just choose to 'like' or 'dislike' certain artists simply because that's what 'everyone' else does, or they just generalise the music, and say stuff like 'new music is just rap and hip hop' when there's loads of other types of music out there.
There were many great bands from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Just as there were in the 90's and now. :)

I'm all for old music from the 70's, 80's, and I guess 90's.
I can listen to any type of music, but some genres I just can't stand, which the first one is rap. Most of the times I can't understand what they're saying until I've heard the song a good amount of times. Also, I've listened to classic rock and country my whole life, so that's why I'm into old music. But right now I'm feeling I should put on some new music onto my iPod.

Exactly. Plus, everyone has different tastes. I know someone who hates old music. I also know people that hate new music.
With me and old music, there are some REALLY popular bands that I simply do not like. Now, with new music, I mainly only like the rock and alternative genres, but I do think there are some really good pop songs, as well as good songs in other genres.
To me it almost seems like some people just choose to 'like' or 'dislike' certain artists simply because that's what 'everyone' else does, or they just generalise the music, and say stuff like 'new music is just rap and hip hop' when there's loads of other types of music out there.
There were many great bands from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Just as there were in the 90's and now. :)

Yes, this. Plus "Old" and "New" are not styles of music. I can think of some really terrible bands from the 70's and terrible bands from now. What makes music old anyway? Is 90's music "Old". I am just tired of hearing people say music that is old is so much better. Disco was great right? Most of the music that was "popular" in the 80s, in my opinion, is terrible. Some great bands exist right now, I would name some but it is all based on ones opinion. I just posted a thread about one of my favorite records of last year though :) .

octorok74

TETTAC
I prefer older music. Music from the 90s on I consider new. Newer music just doesn't make sense. Today's music just sucks. I don't understand what message these "artists" are trying to convey nowadays.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
while there are some new songs I kinda like, I would have to go with, hands down, old music, it sounds better, they put a whole lot more emotion into it, and over all it;s better than those overplayed songs that only repeat one/line word. "P-p-p-p-p;pokerface P-p-p-pokerface" and don't tell your "I wanna make myself believe" with a g@y tone sounds better than AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbat, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd.

Also the songs nowadays really do give bad messages, yes, but so did they back then so it's not even an argument.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I don't know what you mean by old or new music?
If you mean old as in 70's and 80's then no definately not, just doesn't have any effect on me.
If you mean old as in 90's and early 00's then yes definately old!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
People always seem to complain about songs being overplayed, and I don't get it. Maybe it's 'cause if I like a song, I don't mind hearing it all tht time. But yeah, that's always going to happen. It's not restricted to 'new' music.

People always seem to complain about songs being overplayed, and I don't get it. Maybe it's 'cause if I like a song, I don't mind hearing it all tht time. But yeah, that's always going to happen. It's not restricted to 'new' music.

Plus there is a pretty simple way to fix that. Don't listen to the radio. I have no idea who most new artists are, but if I hear someone I do like I never have a problem with them being overplayed because I can listen to them on my own time.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have to go with old music. Today's music for me is meh, the 80's rocked. I listen to modern music as well, but I enjoy listening to several groups from the 80's (Missing Persons, Til Tuesday, The Motels, etc.)

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
When it comes to pop-culture music, 99% of the time, I will pick classical music over it. I'm more into orchestrated works than pop-culture. I can also get into older styles of rock, such as Queen. I mean, I'll listen to pop-culture, but if there is any form of classical, I'd pick that over it. So, you would call me a bit of an older age. I've listened to Jazz in the 1930s, rock from the 1980s, and been following video game music from the days of 8-bit.

Well, I wasn't around in those eras, but you get the idea. ;)

When it comes to pop-culture music, 99% of the time, I will pick classical music over it. I'm more into orchestrated works than pop-culture. I can also get into older styles of rock, such as Queen. I mean, I'll listen to pop-culture, but if there is any form of classical, I'd pick that over it. So, you would call me a bit of an older age. I've listened to Jazz in the 1930s, rock from the 1980s, and been following video game music from the days of 8-bit.

Well, I wasn't around in those eras, but you get the idea. ;)

This is a good philosophy. It is also a good recognition of music as popular culture. People don't seem to understand that even the old bands they like were and are still a part of pop culture as much as music is today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom