• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Info On Zelda Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So earlier today I was on the phone with my friend. He tells me he found loads of info on Zelda Wii. It was basically this: The game starts out as OoT. You find out an older Link is King of Hyrule. Young Link gets captured. He starts to slowly turn into Dark Link. Older Link has to travel through time with a sword that isn't the Master Sword also with the Mysterious Blue Figure who is basically the fairy of the game. Link eventually meets up with his son and battles him without the Triforce. Every time Older Link hits Young Link he gets cleansed of the darkness.

That's about it. Tell me what you think! By the way this is not made it up he did find it online.

Oh yeah, also the Mysterious Blue Figure can transform into a lot of things including a sword but not the Master Sword

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Hero, you might want to avoid double posting like that. I understand if you forgot to put something up, as it happens to a lot of people (including myself), but next time, edit your posts. Just click the button on the bottom of your post that says "Edit Post" with a little pencil next to it and start editing. You can also delete posts through that, so just add your second post to your first one and then delete the second one, alright? I'm not being nit picky, just trying to save you some negative rep.

Anyways, that's an interesting find on the story. I personally think it's very interesting, but I'm not very sure about whether or not to trust this. I'll further research it later, but for now I'll just say it's interesting and that I neither trust nor distrust it at the moment.

I'm glad you didn't turn it down right away like most people will do. And I keep on forgetting to just edit the post. Sorry

Kazumi

chagy
I am almost 100% sure that this is fake. First of all, other major Zelda sites or gaming sites would have likely found out long before your friend. And looking at my RSS Feeds I see no new Zelda news.

So, I have a hard time believing you, but if you can get a source from your friend, I'll check it out. You never know.

Just because he found it online doesn't make it legitimate. Besides, you didn't even cite a source, though sources can be fallible, not citing anything and just claiming you or your friend found something is even less credible.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Considering that the various Links of the series aren't related and that Link can't exactly turn into Dark Link (Dark Link, depending on the game, is a summoned enemy or just Link's bad side), this seems highly unlikely. On top of that, the whole time-traveling thing was caused because of OoT!Link's initial inability to save Hyrule due to the restrictions of his age and maturity-- the Master Sword sealed Link's spirit away for those seven years, and it was a key item in traveling between two points in time. On top of that, Older (OoT)Link would have no need to travel back in time to defeat a darkened Young Link, as Young Link would then be an infant or not even born yet. He couldn't travel forward either, because that's not a point in time in which he had awakened from being sealed.

None of what your friend said made any sense. This info that your friend "found" is probably just a bunch of nonsense fan speculation that he found in various forums and clumped together into one huge, faulty story. Don't be fooled by him. If you want rumors, read up on 2Chan's info. Even then, the information there is just rumors, and apparantly the author admitted they were so, but I'm not sure how true anything is at this point.

Even zelda.wikia.com's information isn't trustworthy-- not only is much of their information speculation, a lot of it isn't sourced properly. An example of this is the mention of DECEMBER 2006 Game Informer's info on a Zelda game release-- all it mentions is that a title had been in the works for over a year (at the time). That game was PROBABLY Phantom Hourglass. That information was sourced from joystiq who sourced it from elsewhere who didn't report on it properly in the first place. The website even mistakes 2Chan for 4Chan.

The best thing to do at this point is find any material mentioned and read it yourself. That way, you're less likely to be fooled. :>

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yeah, I mean how would your friend have found out all this before anyone else? And it doesn't sounds that realistic and I agree with all the other posts.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
1- If your friend does not have a source, it is definitely fake.
2- Most Zelda Sites would have reported on this long before your friend even knew about it
3- Zeldapedia has no references to what you just said.

Your friend is most definitely telling a lie. He has made this all up as he went along.

Another point- How can Young Link be Older Link's son? They are the same person.

Jesus Christ people! it's not Older Link from OoT! it's AN Older Link not THE Older Link. And why the hell would he make it up?

Steve

5/19/13
It isn't like Nintendo to revisit games like that, and the detail of such a story is way too complex to be legitimate. I'm not sure why your friend would make it up, perhaps to be cool, but he may have just found a speculation thread on another forum and took it as true information. Either way the accuracy of Zeldapedia's information is very debatable, and they cite little to none of their content, so there's no way he found it in their references if they have none. Chances are if it was on there, it was added by someone who wanted to place their own speculations on the article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom