• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi or Tatl

Which is the most helpful fairy

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
If you're asking who was the most helpful, I'd have to go with Navi. She gives you more tips and is a better guide, BUT she can be a little over the top. She is pretty much Captain Obvious. This is not necessarily a terrible thing, but it often becomes annoying listening to her rants about how a door is locked. Tatl often said that she "Didn't know everything!" whenever you wanted advice or strategies though, so she wasn't any better. I usually don't use my fairies anyways.

If you're asking who is a better character, I would definitely say Tatl. Navi seems to be nothing more than a guide. She has about the same amount of personality as a stick and is OoT's equivalent to Pokemon's Pokedex. She doesn't really add anything to the game other than hints. Tatl, on the other hand, was a dynamic character with a more developed personality. She can often be rude and stubborn, but sometimes she is more forgiving. She changes over time.

So, in summary.. Navi is a better guide and Tatl is a better character.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
I would have to say... Both!!!
Navi, she's never annoying, never sassy, and is a wonderful character in the game for that kindness.
Tatl, she's just like a mix between midna and navi. Acts like she does favors on a whim, but gives out useful information.

W

wherestheblanke

I'll always love Navi, but Tatl was less annoying, I mean, yea Navi was always there for you, but Tatl was less there, only when you needed help was it provided, not the constant, "HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!" "SHUT UP NAVI I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT TO GET THIS HEART PIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And suprisingly as a child I felt like I was forced to follow Navi's orders otherwise something bad would happen to me... i know its freaky but ya!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I liked Tatl more, because she had more personality and character development (somehow like Midna, in the beginning brat-like and then developing, while Navi was always the same and we didn't get much information about her personality). Plus she didn't always annoy you with "Hey, Listen!" when you were doing a sidequest, so yeah, definitely Tatl!

Zarom

The King
I don't remember if I've posted in this thread or not, and I'm too lazy to check, but anyway.

The most helpful fairy for me has always been Tatl. I never found Navi to be really helpful, you know, she just explains all the basic stuff everyone knows and the worst thing is that we can't skip what she says. Tatl had more attitude and I think that overall, she was more helpful than Navi.

A

Algalord

I always wondered what I'd be like to have a Navi-powered navigation system in my car.

"HEY! LOOK! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! HEY! LOOK! LISTEN! HEY!"

OotLord1003

Young Link
I liked tatl, tatl was an AMAZINNG character who progressed through the game acting towards being your friend than an enemy. She did have a sweet heart, but she was blinded with the evil of majora at the begining of the game.

I felt that she had more DEPTH than navi, navi had NOTHING to do with the plot line, and she was quite annoying. Where a Tatl was MOST of the plot, and her hints made me laugh! "Oh comon! it's just a boe! (or whatever that enemy was) just don't be scared an attack it!

Also, I liked her "Ding-a-ling-a-lig!" better than " HAY!!! LISTEN!!!!! WATCH OUT!!!! LOOK!!!!"

So over all, tat; was much more of a fun character than navi. '

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom