• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline (beware, It's Long).

please stop quoting me -.- i lost rep on that post. Iposted that months, mabey years ago and ive changed my beliefs since then. and zd wont let me edit the post or i'd delete it, but you could at least stop bashing me for it.thanks

Ooh...September, eh? (I just checked the post date...)

My bad.

Sorry about that.

But I wasn't the one who de-repped you.

N

Notorious NATE

I don't think there's a time line. A lot of the Legend of Zelda games I have played start off with Link waking up in his little hut or washed up on shore, and he starts to learn the secrets of a new adventure. None of the time line theories make any sense to me. I just think there separate games with no connection.

I don't think there's a time line. A lot of the Legend of Zelda games I have played start off with Link waking up in his little hut or washed up on shore, and he starts to learn the secrets of a new adventure. None of the time line theories make any sense to me. I just think there separate games with no connection.

The timeline has been confirmed by the developers, so one exists. More specifically, the split timeline.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

The only game that has him wash up to shore is LA, and there are a good number that start with him waking up in his home, but how else would you want it to start?

Anyway, if you looked at the explanations and what the developers say, then it's VERY clear that there IS a timeline.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Why do people ignore the fact that Link is 16 (same age as TP Link) in AoL, yet he is clearly a child in OOX?
That is, unless you think it's a different Link, which doesn't sound right at all to me.

Why do people ignore the fact that Link is 16 (same age as TP Link) in AoL, yet he is clearly a child in OOX?
That is, unless you think it's a different Link, which doesn't sound right at all to me.

Yes, it is a new Link in OoX. Its a new Link in every game that is not a direct sequel. OoX is not a sequel to any other Zelda game, so that makes it a new Link and Zelda in that game.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

In OoX, Zelda has to introduce herself to Link. If this was the same Link as a previous game then Zelda would have already known Link and there would have been no need for the introduction. It's a new Link.

Yes, it is a new Link in OoX. Its a new Link in every game that is not a direct sequel. OoX is not a sequel to any other Zelda game, so that makes it a new Link and Zelda in that game.

That depends on where you believe OoX goes on the timeline. There are plenty of people who put it as a direct sequel to ALTTP (only God knows why).

Yep, there's a timeline. And that's the cold hard truth.

Saying there isn't is like saying the sun is cold, when, quite obviously, it's hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom