• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My Mini-rant About Why I Dislike Skyward Sword

I think there's a little confusion about the boss names.

one final clarification. each boss is made so nintendo can basically exploit the WMP to all ends, and the same tactics are used over and over, but get SLIGHTLY more intricate every time.

That being said, I cried TWICE during this game. I haven't shed a tear in 5 years since I broke my leg, but this game honestly destroyed me. There are two moments; the first is well known: "I am still your Zelda." and the second is at the end. It's truly sad, beautiful, elegant, classy, and it all makes sense. Growing up with OoT, while I did never get into it, I still understood the lore, and after finishing the game, you'll realize how everything starts.

Bosses are indeed a shame. I'm replaying tentalus on the boss challenge mode thing and I realize why I can't take him seriously.

HE HAS MANBOOBS.

In retrospect, my top 3 favorite bosses are:
1. Koloktos - this thing is so repetitive, yet SO fun. Although by the third or fourth time facing him, he's kind of a pushover
2. Tentalus - obnoxious how many times you have to skyward strike this mofo. still a nice lead up to the actual fight.
3. Ghirahim Round 3 - Completely unlike Ghira 1 and 2. So much fun with this one, but it's still a breeze.

Last edited:
Again, what is wrong with a game being a "breeeze" or "easy" if you're having fun?? Why are you even playing games if not to enjoy yourself... I get that challenging game are fun but not ALL of them need to be super hard.

Z

zeldafan888

Easy, like all the other overworld bosses. The best one was Imprisoned, and only because he was freaking huge and the fanboy inside me was raging.

One other thing I just remembered:

I hate how they removed the mechanic of "defeat a dungeon boss and get the dungeon item." the majority of the game's items are found through the Silent Realm trials; not only does this eliminate possible fights, but the remaining mini bosses are sometimes not present! For example, in the Fire Sanctuary, Magnamanos serves no purpose but to elevate you. It would've been a great concept, but NOPE they mess it up and remove that mini boss.

Additionally, I was hoping for a good Mining Factory mini boss. It could've been something interesting, but NO, they just HAND you the gust bellows. Weak.

That use dungeon item to defeat boss is overused, it make the boss battle seem a bit scripted, like the game is forcing you to use these items, do you want to feel like the developer puppet doing these fights

about Demise, don't view him as the final boss, view him as a exhibition round to the third ghirahim boss.

I personally dispraise that fight for how pathetic it was compere to 1 and 2,
phase 1: slashing him out of the ring punch out style and then doing a final blown. WTF
phase 2: A sh*tty rehash of fight 1 and fight 2 of his fight with a buster sword at the end and the least formidable attack in any zelda.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Frunk, I appreciate your review and ability to actually criticize SS for some concepts that looked good on paper but weren't executed the best. Of course, Field--Item--Dungeon--Boss was a way to mix it up; we've known about that for about a year or two. I believe the complaint stemmed from the fact that dungeons were too linear in that it was Field--Dungeon--Miniboss--Item--Boss.
Ghirahim round 3 really wasn't much of a shocker though. He was literally just one to be beaten around, anyone who has played against him will get the reference :right:

I really hope Hero Mode lends some better AI to the enemies and BUFFED enemies. You know, faster enemies not in defense but in attacking. Double damage, etc.

GearHim, easy games can be fun (e.g Mario Party 7), but challenging games are that much more...inviting, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom