• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My MC Placement

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
It wouldn't be possible for FSA Ganondorf to be the same Ganondorf from TP anyhow since the Gerudo woman says that the Gerudo get a new male every 100 years, and he will be the guardian of the Gerudo. TP takes place hundreds of years after OoT's CT ending (which would be a couple new Gerudo males), and FSA takes place sometime after TP does, for the sake of the argument. Therefore, FSA takes place hundreds of years after OoT's CT ending, which means that a new Gerudo male should be the Gerudo guardian, not OoT Ganondorf. FSA acts as if FSA Ganondorf was born less than 100 years before the game starts, which is impossible without a new Ganondorf.

Sorry for continuing the thread jacking original poster, but I wanted to respond to this. Jarsh, you're assuming that the Hylians didn't completely wipe out the Gerudo between Oot and TP (which is a theory). Let me ask you this, during TP, did you see ANY Gerudo besides Ganondorf? If there's no Gerudo, there's no new male member of the race.

Personally, I have no idea where MC, FS, and FSA occur on the "timeline." I'm not even sure everything has a place on the timeline. As JJ said, the Nintendo confirmed timeline makes sense, but outside of that, who knows? I also believe I read somewhere that Ozlo (That's the Picori Elder's name, right?) was not the source of Link's hat.

skybird11

state alchemist
why is this one month old thread still in existance? you guys have helped me understand that my placement was wrong. besides, i've got a new MC placement based on the din and nayru figurines description. im planning on posting a new thread about it soon.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I'm going to ask a naive question here: What is to stop Ganondorf being brought back from the dead? People talk about the deaths in WW (not 100% sold on this one anyways) and TP as being some sort of end to the threat of ganon[dorf]. Even dead and without the triforce of power, I don't see a reason why someone else couldn't return him from the dead.

Technically, nothing is stopping him. In fact, in the Oracle games, he WAS brought back from the dead. The issue is that Ganon in Wind Waker cannot be reached, as he is buried beneath the sea. Further, we haven't had a game detailing Ganon's resurrection after WW, so we can't assume that such has happened until we have confirmation that that happened (such as a game after WW in which Ganon appears and somebody says "Evil witches ventured to the land beneath the sea and resurrected the monster Ganon" or words to that effect) or a game detailing those events.

TL;DR: Nothing says he can't be brought back from the dead, we just have no evidence that such has happened in the AT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Technically, nothing is stopping him. In fact, in the Oracle games, he WAS brought back from the dead. The issue is that Ganon in Wind Waker cannot be reached, as he is buried beneath the sea. Further, we haven't had a game detailing Ganon's resurrection after WW, so we can't assume that such has happened until we have confirmation that that happened (such as a game after WW in which Ganon appears and somebody says "Evil witches ventured to the land beneath the sea and resurrected the monster Ganon" or words to that effect) or a game detailing those events.

TL;DR: Nothing says he can't be brought back from the dead, we just have no evidence that such has happened in the AT.

I would say that him being stabbed without his ToP already would just plain kill him for good. He still had it when he was stabbed in TP, it just failed on him because the Master Sword was stabbed in the area where he had already been stabbed before, of which the ToP revived him.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I would say that him being stabbed without his ToP already would just plain kill him for good. He still had it when he was stabbed in TP, it just failed on him because the Master Sword was stabbed in the area where he had already been stabbed before, of which the ToP revived him.

Ah, good point. In the Oracle games he had been killed when in possession of the full Triforce, so I suppose that falls under protected death.

Revised TL;DR: He MAY be able to come back, but it's not likely.

Sorry for continuing the thread jacking original poster, but I wanted to respond to this. Jarsh, you're assuming that the Hylians didn't completely wipe out the Gerudo between Oot and TP (which is a theory). Let me ask you this, during TP, did you see ANY Gerudo besides Ganondorf? If there's no Gerudo, there's no new male member of the race.

Of course I would assume that since there's no real proof the Gerudo were completely wiped out. Technically, we don't even visit where the Gerudo once dwelled: Gerudo Valley. We only go to Gerudo Desert. That's splitting hairs, yes, but it's valid. It's just as likely the Gerudo simply are somewhere else in Hyrule.

Besides, we're arguing under the assumption that FSA is after TP; so, under that assumption, the Gerudo make a reappearance anyhow.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's not completely unrelated. TMC can easily depend on where ALttP goes in the timeline, since TMC ties into FSA, which may very well tie into ALttP. Identifying FSA's Ganondorf as new or not also affects TMC's placement since it's a FS game.

Note that in that quote that ALttP's Ganon is the same as FSA's Ganon, for the sake of the argument. But really, many TMC placement debates depend on where the developers were trying to imply FSA takes place since it was released before TMC; Ganondorf being one of those possible indicators. Not that it really matters since debate on FSA's Ganondorf ended a while ago.

SS cant be before MC if theres a game before MC it would have to be the one with the hero of men and he doesnt have link's cap.

But ok this isnt absolute, yet your placement is still wrong cuz theres no way FS and FSA are before oot.

For me it would be MC-SS-Oot-FS-FSA
Actually nintendo already stated that Skyward Sword is the first game, and it's before Ocarina
"Eiji Aonuma: I think we've talked with the Media about this before, about Ocarina of Time sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but of course in Ocarina of time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time."
FS/FSA can't be directly after ocarina, because in FSA ganon was sealed in the four swords, and in ocarina he was sealed in the sacred realm.
Nintendo also stated that ganondorf really died in the end of wind waker, they made him transform into stone to keep the E rating. but they still can revive him right? they did in OoX and tried in AoL
EDIT : Link's hat have nothing to do with the timeline, seriously stop saying minish cap is the first because it "explains where he got his hat"

There are too many similarities of what we've seen of Skyward Sword and what is in Minish Cap to place them so close together on the timeline. What happens in MC seems almost to be part of SS. Like SS is a remake of MC. This is all my opinion of course.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
There are too many similarities of what we've seen of Skyward Sword and what is in Minish Cap to place them so close together on the timeline. What happens in MC seems almost to be part of SS. Like SS is a remake of MC. This is all my opinion of course.
I agree with this opinion. MC was most likely developed as an origin story for the series, though that placement may have changed (text describing it as Link's first adventure was removed in the NoA translation, etc.). SS, made by the same director, is now trying the same thing again. MC is now either much later, or at the same time in another universe.

Teal

Useful Help.
Guy's before we come to conclusions let's "play" Skyward sword then we can argue?

Teal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom