• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Musical Instruments?

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I've been playing guitar for about 2 or 3 years now I think. I'm thinking of joining my high school's Jazz Band.. Idk. I don't feel like I'm good enough. Not very confident in my abilities lol. Anyway I'll play just about anything but I mostly play a lot of Classic Rock and Blues. Currently I'm learning Sweet Child o Mine by Guns n Roses. I'm also trying to start improvising my own solos. So yeah.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I used to play piano, but my parents forced it on me so much that I eventually lost interest. I can still play, I just sort of resent it a little bit now. But I could if I wanted to.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I'm thinking of joining my high school's Jazz Band
DO IT.

Talk to the director and see what's up, they will probably make you audition for it. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've always wanted to be in jazz band but I couldn't because I never played a jazz instrument (no jazz flutes in my band umu). Anyway I think band is a very good experience in general, your bandmates are like your family plus you get to play music all the time which is cool, so I think you should at least try it out. :bubsy:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I play the piano, though not very well anymore. I was mainly self-taught, with sporadic lessons over the years, but I haven't actually played anything for like 3 years now. I'd still like to I just lack motivation these days.
I also know like 2 chords on the guitar. I used to know more, and actually was really passionate about learning it but had absolutely no patience through all the blisters and calouses and the rest.
I am a decent drummer though. Pretty much, any percussive instrument, piano, drums, etc, I will figure out how to play something on. It comes somewhat naturally to me.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
tuba.

i could fake bass trombone in jazz reasonably well once upon a time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am a decent drummer though. Pretty much, any percussive instrument, piano, drums, etc, I will figure out how to play something on. It comes somewhat naturally to me.

Have I ever told you that I love you? :P

I can play a few instruments I guess. My main instruments that I can play well are piano and drums. And by drums, I mean pretty much anything percussion related. Give me a percussion instrument, I'll rock it! I mostly like to jam on my drumset though.

As for what I like to play, on piano I play a mixture of classical music (My favourite songs to play are Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Mozart's Sonata in C - 1st Movement, and I'm currently learning Chopin's Nocturne), Ragtime (So fun... I'm learning The Entertainer right now, it's a hard song!), Rock (All kinds of stuff, from AC/DC to Avenged Sevenfold), and Video Game music (Primarily from The Legend of Zelda series). For drumset, I can play most styles. My audition for music school in May demands that I know basic beats in Rock, Low tempo Swing, High Tempo Swing, 12 Bar Blues, Bossa Nova, Latin, Shuffle, among others, and I can play all of those styles without problem. I learned all of these styles through my high school jazz band, and I can improv fairly well in them. My favourite style though is metal. I play everything from classic heavy metal to deathcore (I bought a new double bass pedal a while ago, and I discovered that I can move my legs really freaking fast). I also love to play progressive rock, most notably Rush; Tom Sawyer was one of the first songs I learned.

I can also play most brass instruments, though I forgot the fingerings and stuff. I can make a good sound out of most of them, and I can hit a high C above the staff on trumpet (which overall isn't that impressive, but it's higher than any of the trumpet players in my band classes could do). I was actually downstairs jamming on an old trombone that I found yesterday, it was quite fun.

My favourite instrument overall is drumset, and my favourite style to play is metal. :)

pkfroce

Skelepuns
DO IT.

Talk to the director and see what's up, they will probably make you audition for it. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've always wanted to be in jazz band but I couldn't because I never played a jazz instrument (no jazz flutes in my band umu). Anyway I think band is a very good experience in general, your bandmates are like your family plus you get to play music all the time which is cool, so I think you should at least try it out. :bubsy:

Hm. Thanks gummy. :) I'll try it. I have a couple friends doing it too so I guess it'll be fun. And tbh playing music for your school does sound fun haha.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Ez beauts is my girl. Back off.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I play everything from classic heavy metal to deathcore (I bought a new double bass pedal a while ago, and I discovered that I can move my legs really freaking fast). I also love to play progressive rock, most notably Rush; Tom Sawyer was one of the first songs I learned.

You have good taste in music. Rush is awesome; I saw them live a couple years ago and I regard that as one of the best decisions of my life. Tom Sawyer was the first Rush song I learned, and I still love playing it, especially the drum solo about halfway through the song. I've even learned a few others, namely Limelight, The Spirit of Radio, and Red Barchetta, that I also enjoy playing.
I'm also somewhat curious about your drum setup compared to my own.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
At one point I knew how to play the harmonica a little bit, but I didn't get very good at it and I know longer have any interest in learning it. But if there's one instrument I'd really like to learn to play, would be the electric cello, but those things a super expensive, so I don't see that happening soon.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Piano is the only instrument I can really play. Paul McCartney is the big reason why I learnt too, since I find songs like Let It Be and Hey Jude to be amazing, and the sound of the instrument itself just has something to it. I'd call it the most beautiful sounding instrument I've heard.

Other than that, I've dabbled with a guitar as my brothers played and my boyfriend does, but can't really get the hang of it. I can play Wonderwall! And that's it. :) Oh, and I rocked the recorder in first school. Wild recorder solos with the crowd cheering. Good times.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
I play the trumpet. In my high-school band class, we are currently playing some amazing movements.
I also enjoy figuring out how to play videogame songs on the piano, and sometimes playing them on the trumpet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom