• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Competition: Week 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hello, and welcome to week 10 of the Zelda Dungeon Music competition.

I first, want to apologize for the rather unprofessional way in which I handled my dealings with this competition recently. This competition thread is a week overdue and I'm very sorry about that. I had no intention of letting it run this long and if anyone is upset at me about this, you have just reason, so I don't blame you.

Next I'd like to announce that we are going to go back to a once a week competition. Well, sort of at least. The new idea is to announce a competition (in this case, this one) and then the next week announce one with a new theme. The first competition will run two weeks, as normal, and so will the second one. The idea is the competitions will alternate weeks, so themes will be more frequent but people will still have the 2 week time to enter the competition. You can even enter two competitions at the same time if you wish. Now with this method, I will be titling the second competition as a halfway between the current and the following one (for example the next one will be 10.5 to start off the alternating week. After that the next one in this series will be 11. Think of it as a block schedule). If there are any questions, please, don't hesitate to ask me. I'll be more than happy to explain in the best way I can.

Now to get down to business. It's time to hand out awards. In the previous week's competition BMBGuitar took the win with his stunning cover of the Song of Healing. Congratulations BMBGuitar!

Now it's time to reveal the entries to this week's competition.The theme for the competition this week was Adventure!, but only one entry was received. I'd like to give a congratulations to Pl511 for his entry this week, as he takes the win!

Pl511
Pl511 - Exceeding the Hill Piano Trio - FFTA2 - Tindeck MP3 Download

And now, the moment that everyone is waiting for. It's time to announce the new competition. This week's theme is....

The Final Battle!

Make a song that is worthy of those edge of the seat moments where you feverishly and frantically battle to claim victory and beat the game! This song can be a cover of any final battle theme from any game, or it can be a completely original song. The choice is yours!

All entries are to be turned in by 9:00 PM, EST, on Sunday, October 21st.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy!

Awesome! This brings upon the subject of the Pokémon Boss Battle Medley I was planning... which has recently been finished. :D

I have noticed the Music Competition has been rather dead as of late. I'd like to offer my thought on the sole submission though.

Great work, Pl511. It was a bit too slow and classical for my tastes but right up there with your best. I'm always excited to listen to your submissions.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Yeah, I'm doing what I can to promote it, but overall, it's hard. People don't have tons of time to work on these things and it makes it tough for them to enter a submission. Hopefully the alternating week thing will boost the number of entries or get some more people involved at least since it keeps the competition rolling while still allowing time for people to submit entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom