• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movie franchises that should've ended a long time ago

Gorozoron

wild ride
I spotted an opinion.

I don't think PotC should've ended earlier, I think they should have made Jack Sparrow similar to James Bond or Sherlock Holmes or Spider-Man: a timeless character with consistent re-castings and new stories. It kind of became all about Johnny Depp and it felt very ego-driven. In my opinion.

I think splitting the sagas up into trilogies screwed the storytelling. The first trilogy was great, the second was bad, and the third was misguided. But some individual movies in each trilogy worked better in the collective than the rest.

In my opinion.
:dry: funny and stupid petty
just said that because the way he phrased it made it sound like his idea of the films were fact
so yea

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I spotted an opinion.

I don't think PotC should've ended earlier, I think they should have made Jack Sparrow similar to James Bond or Sherlock Holmes or Spider-Man: a timeless character with consistent re-castings and new stories. It kind of became all about Johnny Depp and it felt very ego-driven. In my opinion.

I think splitting the sagas up into trilogies screwed the storytelling. The first trilogy was great, the second was bad, and the third was misguided. But some individual movies in each trilogy worked better in the collective than the rest.

In my opinion.
Exactly. It's all about opinions. That's the most important word ever invented.....in my opinion :D

I liked the first three movies of PotC but later it became more about matching the first movie. It's hard to replace the face of a franchise and I think it’s a little too late to make Jack like a timelord.

As for SW: I don't like the prequels that much but at least Darth V his story has been told. And I agree fulltime. They should've made stand alone movies like Rogue One. That was actually very good and explained a lot.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
The Star Wars franchise, Fast and Furious and Mission Impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom