• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Movie franchises that should've ended a long time ago

Gorozoron

wild ride
alright the way you phrased that beginning sentence was ****ty but aight
just saying tho you can think that but you got to know you aren't ****ing right nor the other person
You can objectively look at it but yet again this goes to opinion legit any rando can go : Yeah the camerawork is **** or " DANG the camerawork is so good "
but whatever just saying don't act like your opinion on it is the best , In basic terms : Don't be a ***
I frankly don't care about the mcu at all cuz I haven't seen any of the films
but saying " Hating the masterpieces is stupid " is stupid in itself " well your just going derpy derpy wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah art is subjectiveifwshpdfpweihf " idc. dude that's legit just a opinion that varies , you're literally saying anyone that has a differing opinion is being stupid in that previous post

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I frankly don't care about the mcu at all cuz I haven't seen any of the films
but saying " Hating the masterpieces is stupid " is stupid in itself " well your just going derpy derpy wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah art is subjectiveifwshpdfpweihf " idc. dude that's legit just a opinion that varies , you're literally saying anyone that has a differing opinion is being stupid in that previous post
saying "infinity war subverts expectations properly" is not an opinion
saying I liked the way they subvert expectations, or that I liked the movie in general, is an opinion
saying "breath of the wild's stamina system is bad design" is not an opinion because it's a constraint in a game where the goal was to remove mechanical constraints from the player
saying "I like stamina systems, but don't like breath of the wild's implementation" is an opinion

I don't know nearly as much about theater and film as I do video game design or sound design, but I do enjoy watching analyses by people who do know what they're talking about
objective analysis exists and throwing any sort of discussion about what makes good art out the window because "my opinions" just does a disservice to art in general. Critics exist for a reason. It's okay to like and dislike things that other people don't share your opinions on, but some people want to go deeper and think about what the creator of the piece of art is trying to express with that art and to some degree this needs to be objective. If all art was subjective, you could look at any old painting and say "that's not an African landscape, that's the Arctic!" because the only thing that matters is your opinion and your interpretation, but you can't do that, because artists have agency and use their art to express an idea or a story

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
saying I liked the way they subvert expectations, or that I liked the movie in general, is an opinion
saying "breath of the wild's stamina system is bad design" is not an opinion because it's a constraint in a game where the goal was to remove mechanical constraints from the player
saying "I like stamina systems, but don't like breath of the wild's implementation" is an opinion
All of those were fricking opinions.

Gorozoron

wild ride

I don't know nearly as much about theater and film as I do video game design or sound design, but I do enjoy watching analyses by people who do know what they're talking about
objective analysis exists and throwing any sort of discussion about what makes good art out the window because "my opinions" just does a disservice to art in general. Critics exist for a reason. It's okay to like and dislike things that other people don't share your opinions on, but some people want to go deeper and think about what the creator of the piece of art is trying to express with that art and to some degree this needs to be objective. If all art was subjective, you could look at any old painting and say "that's not an African landscape, that's the Arctic!" because the only thing that matters is your opinion and your interpretation, but you can't do that, because artists have agency and use their art to express an idea or a story
I'm not saying that critics shouldn't exist my dude I'm saying that people shouldn't act as if their opinion is fact

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
OKay.....that didn't escalate at all...... now back on track pleazzzzzz

I also think PotC should've ended earlier. Perhaps after the third movie. It went down after that.

The Star Wars saga was completed after RotS. Well at least for me. They should've stopped after that. Because we knew the fate of Darth Vader and the sequels became more the fairytales of the Skywalkers and Skywalkewrs wannabees. At least to me.

Also many horror movie franchises are dragged out waaaaaaaay too long but of course people love to watch even when it's so predictable. Even predictable can be enough for a silly entertainment evening :D

OKay.....that didn't escalate at all...... now back on track pleazzzzzz
I spotted an opinion.
I also think PotC should've ended earlier. Perhaps after the third movie. It went down after that.
I don't think PotC should've ended earlier, I think they should have made Jack Sparrow similar to James Bond or Sherlock Holmes or Spider-Man: a timeless character with consistent re-castings and new stories. It kind of became all about Johnny Depp and it felt very ego-driven. In my opinion.

The Star Wars saga was completed after RotS. Well at least for me. They should've stopped after that. Because we knew the fate of Darth Vader and the sequels became more the fairytales of the Skywalkers and Skywalkewrs wannabees. At least to me.
I think splitting the sagas up into trilogies screwed the storytelling. The first trilogy was great, the second was bad, and the third was misguided. But some individual movies in each trilogy worked better in the collective than the rest.

In my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom