• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Challenging Pieces of Heart to Obtain

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I apologize if there is a similar and recent thread. I looked but did not find one.

Good day, my forum brethren. Which Pieces of Heart have been the hardest for you to obtain in Zelda games? For me, getting the Piece of Heart from beating the high score in Fledge's Pumpkin Pull in Skyward Sword was ridiculously hard for me. I must of spent two hours and a thousand rupees on that minigame before I finally won the Piece of Heart. Another one that is really hard for me to get is the one you receive for shooting all of the Octoroks in the Clock Town Shooting Gallery in Majora's Mask. I always miss at least one or two of them each time. I also have a very hard time winning at the Swamp Shooting Gallery, too. I've always had a hard time winning at minigames that require accurate aim.

What about the rest of you? List some of the Pieces of Heart you've had the hardest time acquiring.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
I think the town shooting gallery expected too much from you and I still haven't won it to this day.

But as my signature says never give up so I haven't :) .

Rare Addict

Site Staff
This is probably going to sound embarrassing, but of the Pieces of Heart that I've obtained, the one that I remember having the most trouble with was the one inside of the "entry hall" of Snowpeak Ruins. Y'know, the one that sits across all of those chandeliers? For whatever reason, during my initial playthrough of Twilight Princess, I was not very skilled at using the Ball and Chain.
lol.gif

Warbad

Gotta love me!
Well, for me was the Piece of Heart that you get when you completed the 3 block puzzles from a cave on Hyrule Field in Twiligh Princess. UGH, I had to look at several walkthroughs before completing it myself. those pesky little blocks

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The most difficult heart pieces of to obtain, for me, were the ones related to the infamous N64 Shooting Galleries, regardless of what game they're in. The sensitivity of the N64 controller is completely whacko in comparison to how I THINK it should've been [and compared to modern day controllers, lol], so the slightest movement to the left could send the bow miles away (exaggerating there). I dread going back to those areas, and more often than not I usually just slap on a GameShark code for maximum health, or go around and just play a three heart run.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The one you get from playing the Harp at the Lumpy Pumpkin. The whole thing is about memorization of when to strum and when to stop, so skill doesn't play much of a factor in it (unless you're just downright terrible at it). It took me a pretty good while to get it.

#1: Snowboard Race against Yeta (TP)
#2: Letting the frogs jump in Zora's River (OoT)
#3: Dodoh's Party Wheel Minigame (SS) Aaaargh!!!! :mad:
#4: Rollercoaster Minigame (SS)
#4: several Minigames in Majora's Mask (Koume's shooting game, Clock Town + Swamp shooting gallery, dog race...)

Most of the heart pieces in MM were swines for me to obtain. Even those two Dodongos in the hole in Termina field killed me before i claimed that heart piece (but that is because i didn't realise that enemies were able to take a hell of a beating in MM compared to OoT). Also, any mini game where i had to get a high score three times in a row was damn near impossible for me because i'm a sucky gamer.

Out side of MM though i can only really think of one and it wasn't hard to get to it was just annoying, which was the Heart piece in Snowpeak ruins where you had to use the ball and chain to hit the platforms and start them swinging, i got it eventually but it took me ages and annoyed me quite a lot.

Easily the clock town shooting gallery. Not only is aiming in the N64 games really difficult, but it's really punishing because you have to shoot all the red octoroks and miss all the blue octoroks, and the octoroks only appear for the shortest time so it's really easy to miss one early on and ruin the entire run. Going from the rest of the MM minigames where all they needed was a few runs to practice, it felt especially hellish. It took me hours to beat, but it felt amazing after I finally beat it.

Skyward Sword:
Pumpkin Pull
Rickety Coaster
Party Wheel
Majora's Mask:
Anything involving the bow
(Shooting Galleries and Koume's Game) <--Still haven't gotten these
Mayor's heart piece because of Sakon's Hideout's puzzle

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Majora's Mask Swamp Shooting Gallery, perfect score took me forever to get. The town one first or second try easy, but the swamp one gets me.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
FUN FUN ISLAND.

I freaking HATE that mini-game. I spent HOURS trying to win that thing. No matter what I did, I couldn't land on the 50 Rupee spot. It was easy to get through all the rings, but landing was so difficult. So IMPOSSIBLE. Once I finally completed it, about 700 rupees later, I vowed to never, ever return to this stupid clown-run sky island of evil.

...And then I returned in Hero Mode and beat it on my first try. What. the. heck.

You know, I never had any trouble with the archery games, but I haven't played the original N64 version. Maybe it's more difficult on that than with a GC controller or 3DS.

T

Thesleeper

I honestly LOVE shooting galleries and I was sad to not see one in SS, the motion controls would have made it even more enjoyable. but yah definitely the shooting galleries lol, challenging but fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom