• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Annoying Part Of The Zelda Series

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
This can apply to a specific quest, character, or just a game mechanic that irks you for some reason. For me, the most annoying part of any Zelda game would have to be the Silent Realms in SS. If you mess up even once you have to do the whole quest over again, having to reobtain all the orbs that gave you trouble the first time. Not to mention that the guardians coming after you can prove creepy and stressful (especially if you aren't near another orb). Those sections game me a ton of trouble and would have made me quit the game if I wasn't already so far into it.
Another section that, while not as creepy, proved difficult to complete is fighting Head Thwomp, the second boss in OoA. You have to drop a bomb into his head when it rotates to a specific side, which is tricky since you can't exactly time when the platforms come. I spent hours and hours replaying this section, and was only able to beat it with the help of save and restore points.

That cucco minigame in ALBW is easily one of the most annoying things I have had to do in a Zelda game. I almost snapped my 3ds after so many tries but I finally got it, or maybe I just suck at it lol.

One for every game I can think of

LoZ: No instructions whatsoever
AoL: The third boss
OoT: Unskippable cutscenes (this also applies to the series as a whole)
WW: The Command Melody
TP: The Lost Woods
SS: The controls
BotW: Weapons breaking

For the other games, there's nothing too obnoxious about them other than avoidable side content, I usually only get mad at obstacles that I have to clear.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Pretty much the entirety of the Oracle games annoy me. The game as a whole is just a slog to traverse due to the constantly shifting environment being hard to keep track of.

Moldorm is just the worst thing ever. He sucks in every appearance, but he’s especially bad in LttP.

I could write a book about the many different annoying parts of TP, but if I had to leave it at one, it would be the tears of light. The game looks even more disgusting that usual, the music is maddening, and you’re locked into playing as a badly controlling wolf the entire time. Literally everything about this segment is bad, and SS did it’s similar segment infinitely better.

Zelda 2s enemy placement is a given, there’s really not much to say about that.

BotW in general suffers a lot from the whole “This happens in real life, so why not here?” problem. Rain, stamina, weapon durability, temperature, and sexism are all here and terrible. The game would’ve been much better without them.

MW7

I know that part but theres other bits in zelda where you have to listen to music to help...
That's true. Has Nintendo been updating things in remakes to make the games more accessible to people with hearing issues? I remember in MM 3d there is a color coded puzzle in the N64 version that now has shapes which confused me at first until I realized it was for the puzzle to make sense for colorblind people. I would hope they are making the same effort for people with hearing problems.

The most annoying thing for me is long introductions at the beginnings of games. I wish more games were like ALTTP and BOTW (as well as several others) where you jump into action very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom