• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda More Loose Clothing on Characters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Alright we all knw about Telma and her...ways with men.
230px-Telma.png

But the thing about Telma however ugly she may be is that she represents a realistic character. There indeed are women who wink at every guy they see. There are women who dress with incredibly loose/revealing clothes, too, and that's my point here.

How would you feel if more characters started wearing more revealing clothes? I'm not saying the characters should party hard and it should be super M rated (PEGI 18+). Just having a more frivolous outlook on character style?

DarkLink17

Well then
If Nintendo were to change the character style in such a way, I agree that it adds realism, but there should be limits. NPCs in the Zelda series do need a little more personality and zeal than there currently is now.

Also, if Nintendo wants to have a more broad target audience, adding something like this could get other gamer's attention.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think Telma wears more tight clothes than loose, which in turn makes her features more revealing. But, in general, I can't say I wouldn't mind this aspect too much. I don't know how much realism it'd add to the series, but it couldn't hurt so long as every character isn't like this. :yes:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't think they should, no. Too many character designs now, with Japanese developers in particular doing this, are just "MAKE THE WOMAN HALF NAKED COS SHE'S A WOMAN!" And it's not very realistic in a lot of cases, being my main issue. Like, why suddenly in Dead Space 3 did Ellie get the twins out? What purpose did that have? And she's not even the type of character who would do that; she's not a Telma, winking at all the guys or anything. She was actually the strong female character in a game. Having her get them out for the sake of it just doesn't seem justified for her as a character, and Ellie, as she's portrayed, wouldn't do that. And that's my problem with it, moreso to do with the reasoning as to why than just "omg covr her up!!"

I'm not some feminist who thinks they should be all covered up, not at all. People tend to take offence to women being dressed down and made to be sexy but men being huge and strapping is just fine and dandy? Bit of a double standard there. I drool over tall, muscular and handsome men just like men do to women. Johnny Depp. <3 But, it just makes me wonder when a quite straight-up, sensible character suddenly dresses naked and that's my only issue with it.

So, if it's justified in the character, then go for it. Otherwise, it just looks a bit stupid to me, and not very believable in many cases.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Pretty much what Mercedes said. Soul Caliber is another example of naked for no good reason...it's horrid. Not only are the female characters in it dressed in way too revealing outfits, but a lot of them look like they have watermelons implanted in their chests. Ugh. Those CAN'T be real...

Telma was awesome. I wouldnt say she's ugly though.

ILU

i luv u
Whoa whoa whoa, who says Telma is ugly? Seriously? Telma is freaking gorgeous, and she's gorgeous because she's confident. She doesn't have to look like Midna or Zelda or any other thin chick in the series. </rant> Yes, she's realistic. She's the sassy BBW of Zelda, and there need to be more like her.

YES to more revealing clothing IF IT FITS THE PART. Telma runs a tavern. She's basically a bar wench, which calls for cleavage revealing clothes. I'm pretty sure that's well-known by almost everyone ever. The difficulty with this is that if designers are allowed to make one character revealing, they more often than not make every other female revealing. Which sucks. If I ever saw Princess Zelda prancing about in a revealing dress rather than regal, formal attire, I think I'd burn Nintendo to the ground. *overr exaggeration*

But like I said, their role should determine how revealing their clothing is. Hena is much more awesome because she's wearing a fishing suit and wading boots instead of a skimpy bikini. It makes her all the more appealing. Nabooru's clothing is VERY revealing.... all the Gerudo women are wearing skin-revealing clothing. But they LIVE IN THE DESERT. It makes sense.

So yes to revealing clothing if it makes sense or is part of their character's personality, but NO to revealing clothing if its out of character or just there to sexualize a character without good reason.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Alright we all knw about Telma and her...ways with men.
230px-Telma.png

But the thing about Telma however ugly she may be is that she represents a realistic character. There indeed are women who wink at every guy they see. There are women who dress with incredibly loose/revealing clothes, too, and that's my point here.

How would you feel if more characters started wearing more revealing clothes? I'm not saying the characters should party hard and it should be super M rated (PEGI 18+). Just having a more frivolous outlook on character style?
i would like that especially some hot girls whos with me

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Only if it fits the character's personality. Say if a person acts all snobby and squeaky-clean, it's be weird to let them walk around looking like a ditz. But, if it fits with their character, like Telma, then sure. For example, have some guy who thinks he's a stud walk around with man-cleavage and rose or something. Just so long as it doesn't look like medieval moulin rouge and we're not sexualizing for the sake of raising sex appeal, then I have no beef with the idea.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am OK with this, so long as it matches the characters' personalities. Here's an example:

Iza.png

Iza has a sort of snobbish personality, and it shows with the way she dresses. That is a good example of revealing clothing.

Here is a bad example: (not Zelda, but oh well)

funny-game-logic-high-level-armor.jpg

You will see that they made her revealing just for the sake of making her revealing. This is NOT what Zelda should do.

So ya. I am all for revealing clothing, as long as it makes sense for who the character is.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
For example, have some guy who thinks he's a stud walk around with man-cleavage and rose or something.
Man cleavage lol! I am now picturing Groose in a tux...you're welcome for putting that mental image in your head xD

And exactly, TSter. That armor can't possibly work...going into battle in your underwear is NOT going to happen realistically.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You will see that they made her revealing just for the sake of making her revealing. This is NOT what Zelda should do.

In the case of armor, it's not even a reason except eye-candy; it's a reward for getting to the level required for that type of armor. In addition to that armor having the same armor ratings as the clothier variant, there are also different skins available—including less revealing articles of clothing. But, this isn't the stuff we're talking about regarding Zelda.

It's all about character.

You mean add some sex appeal in Zelda, you perv.

I'd say go for it, it wouldn't hurt, Zelda and nintendo as a whole need to flaunt their wares a bit more, so many nommy ladies out there forced into so many un-fun dresses... like Peach, the best thing about SSB Melee was her legs =3

Keeseman

Smash is Life
With the character of Zelda specifically, it depends on her character. If a Zelda had a sassy personality like Tetra (but was older, of course), then hell yes! But if she was more like OoT or TP Zelda - very noble and majestic - then no. But there's no saying that a chick in a dress can't be hot, either (TP Zelda anyone? ;))

But yeah, like everyone else has said, it needs to fit the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom