• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda More Bosses in One Game?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Zelda series has had a typical number of bosses or boss-like foes, around 9 give or take depending on the game. However, most other games that I play feature a substantially larger amount of boss(-like foes): the number goes to around 24 or even higher. I personally want to see more bosses in a single game, not in the sense that we have more dungeons but that there are more challenges in the game to deal with.

What do you think?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think I made a thread a while back mentioning the idea of more bosses appearing in the overworld, so combining this with the bosses in the actual dungeons then of course that means more bosses overall. However I care more about the quality than the specific quantity, to be honest I don't want 20 plus mediocre or un-engaging bosses. The ideal situation would be to combine the both as bosses can be an excellent and intense experience of combining all of Link's abilities and skill and putting them to the test in a ln epic battle.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
As long as they are distinct and unique, then yes. I feel like SS tried to up the boss count with extra overworld bosses, but many of them were repeats (Ghirahim three times, the Imprisoned three times, Moldarach twice, Scervo twice...) which fell pretty flat with most of us. I would actually rather have fewer bosses than see so many repeats again.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I would love to have more bosses in Zelda games. I'm a big fan of epic boss fights. Maybe not 24 boss fights, that seems a little bit excessive. But, having more overworld bosses, or even more bosses within dungeons (ex. MM). MM had 2 minibosses in each dungeon. And, although not an actual boss, they usually set up for a boss battle, and typically match the theme of the dungeon they appear in (with some exceptions). Not saying we should follow MM exactly, and have a miniboss repeated 5 freaking times, in fact no repeats would be better... unless of course it's a completely different battle, such as Gecko from the Woodfall and Great Bay Temples. So, all in all, I'd love more boss battles (this does include minibosses).

Z

Zylian

It would be fun indeed, but wouldn't it be a nice idea if a number of the added bosses are side-quests ?
But indeed, the number of bosses you find in the games right now is a little too less >.<

I'd like to see some more boss fights in Zelda, some of them can be interesting and i'd hope that they'd be mostly decent if a game where to feature a larger count of them, with nintendo's current track record for bosses i'd be a bit dubious of a Zelda game boasting double figure boss battles unless they did something pretty good... or y'know, i could just play SotC =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom