• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish In The Sky?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The tiny Picori
appeared from the
sky, bringing the
hero of men a sword
and a golden light.

what does this mean? in the game, the legend of the Picori says that there is a door that opens every 100 years allowing them to travel between their world and Hyrule, but the BS says that they appeared from the sky. this makes no sense because there definitely were not any flying Picori in the game (except for Vaati but after he gets his powers hes not really a Picori anymore).

i have a theory about this so ill state it and see what you think.

my theory is that sky refers to Heaven. Hyrule is a very religious place. everyone is always talking about the goddesses and the symbol of the triforce (which is essentially their cross, so to speak) is everywhere. the entire game is basically based off of a fictional religion. this leads me to believe that when it refers to the minish coming from the sky, it is referring to Heaven. Heaven is thought of as being in the sky so it would be an easy connection. also, when you think about it, based on the BS it would make a lot of sense as to why it was written as them coming from the sky/Heaven.

they appeared when all hope seemed to be lost. they were kind of like an answered prayer. they gave the HoM the sword and power he needed to seal away the monsters and bring peace to the world. when writing the legend of the Picori, it is possible that they said that the Picori came from the sky which is supposed to mean they came from Heaven to answer their prayers for peace.

so what do you guys think? discuss..

That there is more than one way to get from the Minish world to ours.

Nothing really indicates a heaven. There are many references to a hell in Zelda. But the closest thing to a heaven reference would be Koume and Kotake getting halos.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
if there is no other way discussed then how would you ASSUME they get to our world? sure it says they appear from the sky but as i said, that could be a symbolic meaning. this is only told in the legend of the Picori and legends tend to be very symbolic.

also, if there is a mention of hell then it should be assumed that there is also an idea of heaven. heaven and hell go hand in hand like good and evil. you cant have one without the other.

when talking about how the triforce is created, doesnt it say that after the triforce was created the goddesses went back up to the heavens? not sure if thats the case, just asking.

But there is another way discussed. Why would you assume that it is meant to be taken like that?

Yeah but there still isn't really mention of heaven.

Yes and no. The english version says that they departed to the heavens. Japanese version says
三大神、その 使命を終え、彼の国へ 去り行きたもう。
With their mission completed, the three great gods left to go to that country.
The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens.
Top is japanese. Middle is the good literal translation. Bottom is the fail NoA version.

I think that it just says that they come to Hyrule and the people just said that they appeared from the sky because it seemed like they appeared from nowhere.

I don't think it has anything to do with religion.

I think that it's a good theory. It could easily be seen as an answered prayer to the people of Hyrule. I mean, if the Picori appear out of nowhere, and give the Hero the tools to save Hyrule, it very likely could be assumed that they came from heaven.

I don't think you can really take it literally though. I mean, "The Picori appeared from the sky"? What, did they just fall thousands of feet to the ground carrying a 'golden light' and a sword? I don't think so.

TMC establishes that people with pure hearts are able to walk on the Cloud Tops. Why can't the Minish do so as well?

TMC establishes that people with pure hearts are able to walk on the Cloud Tops. Why can't the Minish do so as well?

Yes, they very well could walk on top of the clouds if they were good little Minish, but that doesn't account for them "appearing from the sky". It seems a bit much to me to assume that the Minish might have been parachuting or something, and I see no other way they would be able to literally appear from the sky.

Ok with the way I'm thinking now there no matter what has to be more than one way in and out of the Minish World.

In your timeline tMC is first. So the war in the tMC BS would be the first time the Minish come.

If that is the first time the Minish had come then they couldn't have gone through that door. They had to come from some where else because the door hadn't been built yet.

Does that make sense?

Ok with the way I'm thinking now there no matter what has to be more than one way in and out of the Minish World.

In your timeline tMC is first. So the war in the tMC BS would be the first time the Minish come.

If that is the first time the Minish had come then they couldn't have gone through that door. They had to come from some where else because the door hadn't been built yet.

Does that make sense?

Just because the door hasn't been built, doesn't mean that there isn't a portal. And anyways, how do you even know the door hadn't been built at that point?

And coming from somewhere else really doesn't make a difference.

But you know, I'm starting to think Master Link is in the right here. Appearing from the sky could have just been an explanation as to how they were suddenly there.

I have trouble believing that they built a door to see a being that they had never seen before then when the being comes they describe it as if they came suddenly.

Apparently it is important. There is a debate going on at ZU about this. It's important to the tMC placement debate, apparently.

There should be at least 2 portals to the Minish world: the sanctuary, accessed through Hyrule Castle, and the portal in the sky.

The sactuary (and, so, the door) was said to have been built after the Minish came for the first time. There are even windows telling that story in the sanctuary!

^Well, actually, I think I agree with Blackice that it means they appeared suddenly. I can't imagine an actual portal in the sky.

But there is definitely more than one way out of the Minish world.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i understand where youre coming from, Smertios, but the fact that they can walk on the clouds doesnt really hold any ground here. we are talking about them dropping from the sky, not walking on the clouds. its unrealistic that these tiny people fell from the sky with a sword and the light force safely and soundly.

i like master links idea. that it is just another way of saying they came out of no where.

you were also saying that there HAS to be another portal. i dont recall anyone saying that the door was created SPECIFICALLY for the minish. what if the door was there and then the minish used their own magic to make it a portal from THEIR side of the door. also, what if the goddesses are the ones who sent the minish. if the goddesses sent them, then there would be no need for a portal because they can do whatever they want, like making them "appear out of the sky"

after the goddesses sent them to help save Hyrule, a door was created so they could go home if they wanted to.

i think its unlikely that a door to their world was created when most people just see them as a legend. when the door opens, it is obvious. you can see the markings around the door which lets you know that the portal is open, but most people act as if the portal is just a myth (much like the Picori). the only people that know the Picori really exist is the royal family.

so in conclusion, either its a religious meaning, its just another way of saying they came out of no where, or the goddesses sent them (from the heavens/sky) and THEN a portal was built after they helped save Hyrule.

those are all my opinions of course.

Well if they say they came from the sky it might as well be true, but they can't fly so the door is their only way back, but I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom