• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Military Family

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I just posted this thread for people who have family or friends who are in the military. I would think that this basically a support thread for military family members, you can share your stories. I have two brothers who are currently enrolled in the military, I am lucky to have one of them still working on mainland as a drill sergeant. My other brother is actually being shipped out to Korea on Friday, and he is here for the week which I am trying to make the best of. I am really proud of my brothers, but me being their sister I will always worry. I know that a lot of people have military family, I just wanted to hear your stories.

Last edited:

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Well the way I see it anyone who devotes their life to serve in the Military deserves respect.

Your brother is going to Korea :) don't worry he will be fine.

Last edited:

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I'm not in a Military Family, but I know a lot of people who are in Military Families, and I just want to say that anyone who devotes their life to serve their country deserves a life supply of cake and ice cream:P

But in seriousness, Military Families should be praised and not sad that their brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers are serving their country, but proud and thankful for such a good well-rounded person who is willing to leave their family and serve their country.

My family has a bit of a history with the US Military, even though we're really not a Military Family by much means. The latest I know of is my Grandpa's brothers who all served in WWII (my grandpa himself was way too young to serve at the time). I have an uncle who fought in Vietnam, and my dad served in the Panama Conflict back in the late '80s, but was honorably discharged right before Desert Storm because I was born. I don't believe I've had any casualties sustained in my family through any of this, so I wouldn't worry about your brothers! I'm sure they'll be fine :)
My brother is actually attending the Military Academy at West Point, NY. He graduates in two years and will be a Second Lieutenant in the Army for a minimum of 5 years, during which I'm sure he'll end up overseas. I know he'll be fine and well taken care of in the Army, and I'm proud of anyone who serves any rank of any branch of the Military!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
My cousin went to basic training. And my dad has retired from it, he was in the army for long time. No one I know going into combat situations though.

I just saw this thread, and I have to say its a pleasure to see it. It might help get me through the next 19 weeks.

So my husband and I just got married this summer and last week he left for basic training. We live in California, and his training is in Missouri which seems so far away. Its been hard. Tonight I recived my first letters from him, with no return address. It seems so hard that the only communication I have with him is on the Army's terms.

In other news, My brother, Inflexus, Is hoping to deploy to Iraq. I pray that no matter what happens he stays safe.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
My family are not in the Military but anyone who is is one brave person who wants to fight for their country. That is something to be proud of. I know many kids with parents, brothers or even cousins in the Military and all of them have come back home with great stories! So do not worry. At least he went for a good reason. My uncle walked out on my auntie and went on a huge world tour with his new girlfriend and I haven't seen him in over a year.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I think this thread is better suited to the General Discussion, mostly because supporting our soldiers and their families shouldn't be exclusive to "mature discussion."

With that said, my girlfriend's cousin is in the Navy. It was apparently difficult for him, but he made it through and his family's very proud of him.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
My grandpa that's related to me by blood was one of the people who helped bulid and fix airplanes for the airfoce. My grandpa that is not related to me by blood was in the military. I don't know what he did though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom