• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mienshao Set

What do you think of this Mienshao set I'm considering making? Any comments appreciated.

Attacks:

Swagger
Psych Up
U-Turn
Aura Sphere

Ability: Regenerator

EV/IV: Perfect Attack + Speed

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I think al of itis fine, but you shouldreplace Swagger because it increases attack by alot. Aside from that, you seem perfect. Also, what's it's item?

spaffy152

It's what ever
is this a lead set?

you should also make the ev spread 252 in either attack or sp attack depending on the attacking type and 252 speed throw the rest in sp def

Kybyrian

Timeless said:
Swagger
Psych Up
U-Turn
Aura Sphere

Ability: Regenerator

EV/IV: Perfect Attack + Speed

So, I'm guessing the strategy here is to use Swagger to confuse and boost the opponent's attack by 2 stages, then use psych up in anticipation of a switch?

Well, couple things. One, you're going to have to set up on a wall. Mienshao is very fragile and will not hold its own against an attacker. You also have no guarantee that the Pokemon you confuse will stay in for you to use Psych Up, so that's going to be a shaky problem that you run into. The EVs look good, and the set itself works in theory. You will want to watch out for Will-o-Wisp though. Burn will cut your attack power and make the boost seem like not such a good idea after all. Plus, if you're setting up on a wall, it may be hard to break while Mienshao is very fragile and (once again) can suffer from burn or be effectively crippled by another status ailment.

Replace Aura Sphere with another Fighting-type move because Aura Sphere is special. If you're going to use Psych Up to boost your attack stat, you want something that uses your attack stat, not your Special Attack stat. I recommend Hi Jump Kick if you are not afraid of having a ghost switch into you or the accuracy. It's extremely powerful otherwise and you will mow down practically any Pokemon with a two stage boost. The set doesn't seem extremely practical, but it's something that you may be able to try out for a late-game sweep. Mienshao has a good speed, but is not by any means un-trumpable.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
As a failsafe you could throw a Focus Sash on him so he'll stay alive in order to give you max damage with Aura Sphere. This is in the case if the opponents Pokemon manages to overcome the confusion. I like having the U-Turn option to deal with threats to Mienshao.

Oh, if you're using attack EV's and an attacker set then don't use Aura Sphere. Use Hi Jump Kick or Brick Break or something physical.

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
Personally, I think you should replace the Swagger/Psych-Up combo for Sword Dance. You get the desired attack boost and have room for another physical attack. Also, I personally am not a fan of attack boosts and moves like U-turn on the same set because you have to set up multiple times if you actually use U-turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom