• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna's Mask

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
people nintendo confirmed thattermina is a pararlell of hyrule so thats why they are the same characters some are different but not all want an example in OoT the workers in Kakariko were lazy in MM they actually work.

people nintendo confirmed thattermina is a pararlell of hyrule so thats why they are the same characters some are different but not all want an example in OoT the workers in Kakariko were lazy in MM they actually work.
What we are saying is that it is a different world, but they did not say it is filled with bizaro people. Serously! If they weren't so lazy as to not reuse models, we would not be in this debate. T -T; Also, a Parralel is an identicle but small differences to another world. A parralel world and a parralel are not the same thing!

T

Tdwprocks

Eh, its an interesting theory, but I dont find enough to make it true.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
In regards to Termina being a parallel reality to Hyrule, I'd agree, because that makes sense. That doesn't necessarily mean that the histories of both Hyrule and Termina are parallel; I think Termina is only parallel to Hyrule during the time span of Young OoT Link, which would make the most sense, being that this is the time period in which he stumbles into Termina. There are a lot of implications that come with the phrase "parallel universe," but I wouldn't say that something that is parallel at any given moment is parallel at all times.

Vibed

must read before he posts
What the! First people came out with the lunitic "Terminian Counterpart" theory, now there is a "Twili Counterpart" theory? You are all crazy!!! Just because they are alternate dimentions, does not mean they are oppisites or slightly different worlds than Hyrule.

Well personally I thought your Four Sword and Skyward Sword = Master Sword theory was a bit outlandish........ ¬_¬

And I completely agree with DuckNoises about the idea of parallel worlds.

You guyes keep mixing up "Parralel Worlds" and "Parralel". I a Parralel is a world identicle to that of another world, but with minor differences that might or might not make a big changes. For example, Link may were Yellow and Ganon might be a Sheikah Girl named Garnoll. It was just 3 differences that that changed everything. That is basicly what the Terminian counterpart theory is. A Parralel World" is a world that is not connected to a prevouse world and the only connection to the other world it has is that it has no connections. Aonuma confirmed "Parralel Worlds", not a "Parralel".

Vibed

must read before he posts
Just looked it up, and this appears to be the real definition from dictionary.com.

dictionary.com said:
Main Entry: parallel universe
Part of Speech:
n
Definition:
a theory that there is a mirror universe and when one makes a decision in this universe, an alternate 'you' in the other universe makes the opposite decision

So I don't know whether Ember is right...

If Ember is right, then fine.
But I think the point stands that Aonuma meant to say a world where everything is for the most part, the same. In otherwords, a parallel.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Ok, I think this counterpart theory is going too far. We can kinda see it in Majora's Mask, but now Twili? Nah, I don't think so. But there is a small chance it is possible, as zelda quoted something like "light and dark are two sides of the same coin. one cannot exist without the other".

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Well of course it is. Atleast I think it is. The Main reason is the eyes. This theory was origanly what people thought Zelda Wii was going to be about. Another reason I, at this very moment, thought was Artists choice. Maybe the Designer of the Helmet wanted to make a connection or he liked Majora's Mask.

P

Proud_2B_Hylian

I agree with Ember: it makes alot more sense for link to suve just left hyrule on foot than to go hopping through dimensions. He basically left the "country" of Hyrule to go to a new world, Termina. He also has Epona with him at the beginning of MM, another sure sign of him traveling the old fashioned and less confusing way. Afterall, after jumping back and forth 7 years countless times, I wouldn't mind just riding to where I'm going lol.

Buuut... At the end of OoT, Zelda taks the ocarina back and sends him back in time, basically to his old life. Later in MM when he gets the Ocarina from Skull Kid a memory goes through his mind.... A memory that, according to the gameplay of OoT, never happened! So How did he get his Ocarina again?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Her mask is simply the remainders of the fused shadows that granted the rulers of the Twili their powers.
Zant used the other pieces to draw the Light World into Twilight. If you watch the cutscene that occurs before Link and Midna break into Hyrule Castle, the pieces form together into their complete form which grants her unworldly powers.

The eye of the mask may just be a hint to Majora's Mask. I don't think it is the mask itself. After all, Midna's 'Mask' is more of a helmet.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Buuut... At the end of OoT, Zelda taks the ocarina back and sends him back in time, basically to his old life. Later in MM when he gets the Ocarina from Skull Kid a memory goes through his mind.... A memory that, according to the gameplay of OoT, never happened! So How did he get his Ocarina again?
That event took place sometime between the final scene in OoT and the first scene of MM.

OT: The eye argument is shattered once you realize that the fused shadow only has one eye. They are not the same. I think the one eye creates a stronger connection to the Shiekah than to Majora.
The Twilight Realm is not a parallel universe. It is a separate realm created by the light spirits. It certainly has nothing to do with Termina, as Termina had been around for a long time before MM and the TR was only created shortly after OoT.

I see Termina not as a parallel universe created by alternate decisions, but as a separate reality that exists 'alongside' the familiar one which has certain similarities to it such that they could be considered 'parallel.' (If you think of time in three dimensions, the first being the progression of time in one universe, the second being parallel universes caused by alternate decisions, the third being alternate realities which exist independent of one another (separated by 'void*'), Termina's relation to Hyrule could be represented by a displacement along the third (z-) axis.)**

*borrowed from Doctor Who. I think everything we see in MM from the hole with the glowing symbols up to the twisted path beneath the clock tower is part of this void.
**"This is, of course, impossible." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on "Milliways, the Restaraunt at the End of the Universe" [aka fanfic, not based on real science, I'm not qualified to think about such things, etc.]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom